PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Box clarification

Lucia Moonglow
11-01-2010, 07:42 PM
I understand that the letter of the rules strictly states that you cannot control two characters at the same time, but I have heard rumors and want to have those put to rest one way or another so I don't end up getting banned if I decide to do it myself.

As I understand it, multiboxing is forbidden because it harms the server population, since people that want to do it don't have to group and/or socialize. I am very happy about this rule, as I hate multiboxing and have left servers in the past because I felt like I was forced to in order to get anywhere.

However, I have heard rumors here and there that you are permitted to log a second character in for the purposes of muling or transferring gear between characters because it doesn't negatively impact grouping or the server's social structure. This sounds shaky to me, but I would like to hear from a GM or someone else in charge on the matter so I can know the official stance.

So can someone official please clarify this rumor for me?

Virtuosos
11-01-2010, 08:10 PM
you can not log in two characters period....2 characters you log in and control is not allowed, if a friend logs in your alt account for you though that is fine.

one REAL PERSON per character logged in -- thats the rule, these other people are full of bullshit.

to further clarify: I log in my main Virtuosos

I want to give my alt some cash

I log my alt in at the same time because i have an ip exemption or a seperate ip

I transfer cash to my alt

----- i believe this is already pretty well clarified in some post....use the search function
----

that is bannable, that is multiboxing, and that is not allowed on this server

what you CAN do is

I log virtuosos in

I call my friend up, have him log in my alt

I give my alt items and my friend logs out and i log out and log into my alt

thats allowed because two REAL people are operating two characters

Fawqueue
11-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Well it's my understanding that those rumors are false. I understood that you couldn't multi-box, even for selling, muling, or watching spawns. However, I did notice a Bob and Bobjr that look eerily alike in EC yesterday, and it's either an extra account for Bob's sales or flattery. So it could be allowed and I just wasn't aware.

Seaweedpimp
11-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah. Bob boxes.

Maybe he cant hold all the shit he has to sell so they let him hold two chars?

Mehhhhhhhhhh

Virtuosos
11-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Post by Wenai in Rough Draft of Server Rules thread in Library- Multi-boxing is not allowed. Players are only allowed to play one client per RL person. We will be enforcing this rule and we ask for everyone’s co-operation to just abide by our wishes. Breaking this rule will result in a ban.

Post by Rogean Consider this.

There is no warning for multi boxing. It is a permanent ban. So don't think "Oh I'll get away with it until they warn/suspend me then won't do it again". Nope.

So ask yourself how much you value your accounts.

i am not doing any more searchs for you...you want more proof, then go for it yourself.

President
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah. Bob boxes.

Maybe he cant hold all the shit he has to sell so they let him hold two chars?

Mehhhhhhhhhh

Yea I find it interesting they basically let him be a mini-bazaar.

Seaweedpimp
11-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Kinda strange how one person can have so much valuables

I could understand if there were a few.

citizen1080
11-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Oi...I realize our education in America is shit..but I would think you folks would at least be capable of reading. Please direct your attention to the stickied post at the top of the trade forums. Read that.

As for Mr Bobjr, I am not he and he is not me. He is just some random guy who decided to do one off on my name to generate sales. He doesn't even do consignment sales, just sells stuff =)

Please do your research before you start throwing dirt my way..or anyones way.

Thanks !

quido
11-02-2010, 02:02 AM

Yeah Bob, where the hell DID you get all your valuables? What are you, some kind of con? Some sketchy drug dealer? I demand to know the origin of these items AT ONCE!

feste
11-02-2010, 02:54 AM
8 bag slots 10 slots per bag x2 because of the bank. one person can hold a lot of valuables

Messianic
11-02-2010, 08:08 AM

It's really rather simple.

Intelligence.

In every MMO i've played, i've built a core amount of capital and starting building ways to create money based on game mechanics. I started my wizard in tailoring and found ways to be basically a manufacturing plant for money.

In WoW, when there was a time limit on how frequently an alchemist could transmute Arcanite, I leveled 6 characters to the point where they could all transmute Arcanite (I think they had to be 34 or 39 or something). I saved enough cash to buy Arcane crystals off the market and gathered the other component (I think it was thorium). I then made an Arcanite factory out of those characters, gauging a certain amount of profit for each transmute. Every few days i'd log in and do another round of transmutes, sell the arcanite, and all this while I was gearing up my main.

He obviously built an amount of capital suitable to cover the operational costs of consignment (i.e. the 50% deposit he puts on items) while he waits for fruition of sales - it's actually a really simple business model based on selling "time" and reducing the transaction cost of business. It eventually results in lower overall prices for everyone because it greases the wheels of the market and gets goods to those who want them more quickly.

The only question I have is whether Bob actually plays the game, or if he just buys and sells all the time ;)

Zarniwooop
11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I knew a guy back on Vazaelle that hadn't actually played the game in years.

He played just long enough to build up a reasonable amount of plat (I don't know what reasonable was). He then moved into the bazaar and never left it again. Literally.

I used to deal with him on occasion as he had just about every rare/awesome item for sale at one point or another and we started to chat a bit and he told me he hadn't moved from the bazaar in something like 2 years. He had never seen the last 3-4 expansions outside of the bazaar, he just loved being a trader.

If you dedicate yourself to one thing to the exclusion of all others, you become rather good at it.

JackFlash
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
If you read Bob's auction thread you would know where he gets his valuables.

fishingme
11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
It's really rather simple.

Intelligence.

In every MMO i've played, i've built a core amount of capital and starting building ways to create money based on game mechanics. I started my wizard in tailoring and found ways to be basically a manufacturing plant for money.

In WoW, when there was a time limit on how frequently an alchemist could transmute Arcanite, I leveled 6 characters to the point where they could all transmute Arcanite (I think they had to be 34 or 39 or something). I saved enough cash to buy Arcane crystals off the market and gathered the other component (I think it was thorium). I then made an Arcanite factory out of those characters, gauging a certain amount of profit for each transmute. Every few days i'd log in and do another round of transmutes, sell the arcanite, and all this while I was gearing up my main.

He obviously built an amount of capital suitable to cover the operational costs of consignment (i.e. the 50% deposit he puts on items) while he waits for fruition of sales - it's actually a really simple business model based on selling "time" and reducing the transaction cost of business. It eventually results in lower overall prices for everyone because it greases the wheels of the market and gets goods to those who want them more quickly.

The only question I have is whether Bob actually plays the game, or if he just buys and sells all the time ;)

and by the time it took you to get at least 6 lvl 34s. I had a lvl 60 with 30k gold from just finishing up the quests at max lvl that i didnt do to level that give 14gold each

Vonkaar
11-02-2010, 04:50 PM
what you CAN do is

I log virtuosos in

subtle, "I have friends" post. :(

Combo
11-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Logic tree for this one is pretty simple.

1.) Do you have two characters logged onto P99 under the same IP address?

No - Stop
Yes - See 2.)

2.) Do you have an IP exemption?

No - You are banned, maybe even by IP.
Yes - You're fine.

LOGIC TREE COMPLETE

quellren
11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Logic tree for this one is pretty simple.

1.) Do you have two characters logged onto P99 under the same IP address?

Yes - See 2.)

2.) Do you have an IP exemption?

Yes - You're fine.

LOGIC TREE COMPLETE

Not really. You might go unnoticed for a while (maybe even a long while) but if you get caught, this is by definition 'Boxing' and you can expect to get hammered.

Your logic tree needs another condition, Is the other character played by, and belongs to someone else?
Yes - You're fine
No - Don't get butt-hurt when you get bannz0r'd.

I don't really feel like searching for it, but either Uthgaard or Nilbog answered a thread very much like this one. The guy asked specifically if he and a friend could buy a character to be used for buffs, and the answer was Yes, but *only* if each person was logged onto ONE char at a time, i.e. P1 logs onto cleric, buffs P2's lowbie then logs to P1 lowbie , P2 logs onto cleric and buffs P1 lowbie, then logs back to P2 lowbie.

It was pretty well stated that anything else is boxing.

Messianic
11-02-2010, 08:55 PM
and by the time it took you to get at least 6 lvl 34s. I had a lvl 60 with 30k gold from just finishing up the quests at max lvl that i didnt do to level that give 14gold each

Not in /played time. I worked the level and a half exp bonus for all it was worth since I had limited play time.

So no, with equal played time, you didn't have more money than I had (particularly on a high population pvp server, which does tend to slow down questing).

Romantic
11-02-2010, 09:20 PM

no you didn't

Kich
11-02-2010, 09:56 PM
no you didn't

Glad I'm not the only one who recognized the bs there. Hell if I were dedicated to that cause, make 6 hunters, could get them all to level 34 in under a month pretty casually.

Level 60 + 30k gold in a month? First off, at WoW release that function of getting money for max level quests didn't even exist. Secondly, there aren't enough quests (literally) in the game to generate that much money in vanilla WoW. There were only ~300 quests (tops) that you could even DO at max level. Most of which didn't actually produce money.

citizen1080
11-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who recognized the bs there. Hell if I were dedicated to that cause, make 6 hunters, could get them all to level 34 in under a month pretty casually.

Level 60 + 30k gold in a month? First off, at WoW release that function of getting money for max level quests didn't even exist. Secondly, there aren't enough quests (literally) in the game to generate that much money in vanilla WoW. There were only ~300 quests (tops) that you could even DO at max level. Most of which didn't actually produce money.

Qft

Kich
11-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Qft

*knucks* Bob knows what's up. Bob I heard a rumor that Snoop Dogg visits you in game (via digital-transmogrification) to personally handle his accounts. Confirm/deny?

citizen1080
11-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Confirm, I also handle ben assflecks in game finances.

citizen1080
11-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Bob may or may not have 10 80's as well...

Kich
11-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Unfortunately WoW doesn't have quite the economy style that EQ does.

citizen1080
11-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Nothing will ever be as good as the EC Tunnel

Ledzepp02
11-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Bob may or may not have 10 80's as well...

How many 1080's you sellin' there bob? ;)

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr107/Ledzepp_wow/Sharp_LC-46SB54U_540x457.jpg

citizen1080
11-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Lol

Nazgull2k1
05-09-2011, 05:42 PM
you can not log in two characters period....2 characters you log in and control is not allowed, if a friend logs in your alt account for you though that is fine.

one REAL PERSON per character logged in -- thats the rule, these other people are full of bullshit.

to further clarify: I log in my main Virtuosos

I want to give my alt some cash

I log my alt in at the same time because i have an ip exemption or a seperate ip

I transfer cash to my alt

----- i believe this is already pretty well clarified in some post....use the search function
----

that is bannable, that is multiboxing, and that is not allowed on this server

what you CAN do is

I log virtuosos in

I give my alt items and my friend logs out and i log out and log into my alt

thats allowed because two REAL people are operating two characters

Not to sound like an ass.. but yeah... Im sure THAT happens *every* day.

First off, I wouldnt give my own MOTHER my account information, much less a "Friend".

Ever.

Period.

Until a Shared bank is in play, people will do whatever it takes to protect thier valuables from scammers. Everyone here KNOWS its being done, but instead of saying so openly.. they all want to act like good little kids cause big brother is watching.

Sticking your head in the sand doesnt change the outcome of the world.. it just means your ignoring the truth.

PS - I have 3 crappy toons, with a total of like 26pp between them all... so I can safely say.. its not me.

Gorgetrapper
05-09-2011, 05:49 PM
No need to bump a 6 month old thread.

EvilMallet
05-09-2011, 10:31 PM

Ha. HAHAHAHAHAHA. haha.

funny man. There were no daily quests when Arcanite was worth money.

Nazgull2k1
05-10-2011, 06:01 AM
You would prefer I start a new one so people can post "Use search function" Instead?

Gorgetrapper
05-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Well until you edited your post, what you said contributed nothing to the thread which made it a useless bump.