PDA

View Full Version : I'm not addicted, definitely not - are you?

Swish
08-01-2015, 11:26 AM
So tonight one of my old work pals from Royal Mail (I used to be a postman) is retiring and having a few drinks and a night out to celebrate his retirement - been working at that place since the mid 80s.

One of the nicest people in the building, if I missed it I'd hate myself later and it'll be good to see some of the other guys and have a few beers.... but Velious launches on red tonight at some point and I want to be there so I've somehow got to get away and get home to watch the shit storm in North Ro etc.

Funny how these events collide, what's everyone else doing while Velious launches tonight/tomorrow? Why might you miss it? Will you definitely miss it? Are you mad about it?

Post below.

Varren
08-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Not going to make it. Cooking on all burners atm. Velious will be out for a while, so they'll be plenty of time to enjoy. Actually never been there...quit live before it came out.

Itap
08-01-2015, 11:42 AM
I have to work tomorrow (24 hour shift) so i'll miss the blue release. Makes me almost want to call in sick for work

Cecily
08-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I have time to play on Sat, not Sun. Then I'm gonna be busy IRL. So I'm missing Velious launch, just like every single Everquest event ever.
It'll suck without a guild anyways so w/e.

Afterburner
08-01-2015, 12:11 PM
I will be working a 10-hour shift tomorrow, as I do every Sunday. When I get home, I fully expect to take advantage of everybody ELSE jumping on the Velious bandwagon by hunting Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains until my fingers bleed.

Greengrocer
08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Cooking on all burners atm.

Will be missing out on the pixel BBQ because I'll be at a real BBQ!

I PMd Rogean asking him to push it back (among other things), but he never responds to me. It's as if he specifically ignores me and my requests.

Oh well! Whatever! Not even mad. See you in Thurgadin (next week!)

Juevento
08-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I have time to play on Sat, not Sun. Then I'm gonna be busy IRL. So I'm missing Velious launch, just like every single Everquest event ever.

Come back home; could use a good rogue =)

iruinedyourday
08-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Lol my fuckn dad scheduled a borderline suprise visit this weekend. The dudes never done anything like that before. I have to spend Sunday playing IRL sports instead of sports and it's like RU KIDDING ME UNIVERSE?!

Love all of you guys, my can't play on Sunday pals <3

B4EQWASCOOL
08-01-2015, 01:01 PM
I avoid crowds irl and in game. So probably won't log in for a day or two. Not even excited about velious. Should I be?

kaev
08-01-2015, 01:21 PM

Last edited by Cecily; Today at 3:54 PM.. edited 63 times in total

63 edits?!?! There aren't even 63 words in that post! ;)

EQ events are pretty meh anyway: lag the shit out of some zone or other and then give summoned cake to a bunch of unimaginative "will cyber for tips" types posing as RPers or maybe give a guise to some uberguilder's alt. yay

bktroost
08-01-2015, 02:16 PM

you lost your guild?

Gumbo
08-01-2015, 03:52 PM
I'll probably log on to check it out but I don't have any characters close to Velious level so not much I can do for the festivities... I'm in NRO so it should be packed tomorrow with everyone waiting to jump ship...

Waedawen
08-01-2015, 04:12 PM
63 edits?!?! There aren't even 63 words in that post! ;)

fuckin' Eagle Eyes over here, good catch.

jarshale
08-01-2015, 05:01 PM
I'm working till 6pm tomorrow =( Hopefully I don't miss the clusterfuck race to the raft. I might just log on at work.