PDA

View Full Version : eqgame.exe crashes after selecting server

bloodkingg
08-01-2015, 05:21 PM
So like many others I went from p99filesv36 to p99files37 because my character wasn't being displayed telling me I had old files (I've been playing just fine for a while including yesterday). Now I get an eqgame.exe was forced to crash error which references dsetup.dll after selecting the server and right before it goes to the server loading screen. If I stay in the version 37 but replace the dsetup.dll I can get through but only to the characters telling me to update again. Seems like the dsetup.dll isn't working like it's supposed to or something or maybe it upgraded out of my computer specs I don't know.

Windows XP SP3
Radeon 9500 pro
AMD Athlon XP 3200+

Thanks

Thulack
08-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Your antivirus probably deleted the dsetup.dll file thinking it was a virus. Set a exclusion in your anti virus for your EQ folder then try extracting the v37 files again.

bloodkingg
08-01-2015, 06:29 PM
I don't think so. I see the .dll in the zipped, unzipped, and in the Project99 directory. The one in my P99 directory now has a currently modified date of today and is the same size as the one I downloaded. Have disabled both Norton and Windows firewall and checked for blocking but neither seem to matter.

Here's the error fwiw:

AppName: eqgame.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: dsetup.dll
ModVer: 1.9.0.0 Offset: 00005f90

Edit: I've also reinstalled titanium now into a fresh directory and followed the startup steps and I get to the same exact place with the same error.

4225necro
08-01-2015, 07:08 PM
hi, I was thinking about reinstalling too... I don't know what else im supposed to do... if you find a solution can you post it... I will do the same... I cant wait to get in and play

Coeur
08-02-2015, 05:17 AM
BUMP

I have a very similar ancient computer with the same problem...can't get past server select for p99 blue or red but the other servers work.

http://i.imgur.com/G7cnmln.png