PDA

View Full Version : P99Files37 question

Mezzmurr
08-01-2015, 07:56 PM
I Recently downloaded the new patch v37 but it is still not working I currently have my EQ titanium folder and my p99files36 and P99Files37 am I missing something? Do I need to delete the v36 folder? Or does anybody know the exact folder to extract v37 too? Been trying all day

Ahnen
08-01-2015, 08:01 PM
You need to extract the contents of newest patch directly into your EverQuest directory overwriting or replacing whatever it prompts you too. This should not leave you with a P99Files folder in your EverQuest directory, you can delete any you placed there.

quido
08-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Yeah don't use the folder created within the .zip

Brawley17
08-02-2015, 01:13 PM
I've done this whole deal way too many times now and can't get the game to work. I realize how simple it is!!! Not sure why it's not working for me. SO frustrating!!

FlipisWin
08-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Im in the same boat as you bro. I have done this a million times yet i cant seem to get it to work either. I get to a thumbs data file and when i try to move it it says its currently running in windows..... wtf? I closed everything trying to switch it and so solution. Guess im gonna take a break and try again. This process has pissed me off so bad I've lost my desire to play =(

FlipisWin
08-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Should I just uninstall and try everything from scratch? if so do i just use the 37 files to patch and not worry about any of the old stuff. So I guess what im trying to say is, uninstall everything and just use the 37 files when i patch?

Brawley17
08-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Maybe this is what makes me quit playing eq....still getting client files are out of date from eqchanges.zip, errorcode dll-2. I've extracted the files doing a straight overwrite, deleted old files and replace...zipped to the desktop and moved. Anyone out there who can do a teamviewer and hook a brotha up let me know? This is really frustrating.

Thulack
08-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Maybe this is what makes me quit playing eq....still getting client files are out of date from eqchanges.zip, errorcode dll-2. I've extracted the files doing a straight overwrite, deleted old files and replace...zipped to the desktop and moved. Anyone out there who can do a teamviewer and hook a brotha up let me know? This is really frustrating.

If you want i can try and give you some help on teamviewer later tonight. Will be about 3-4 hours before i get home. If you want the help PM me and i will let you know when i'm on and ready and we can go from there.

Pulgrey
08-02-2015, 03:43 PM
For what it is worth , ran into similiar issues this morning.

Found that I needed to revert me GlobalLoad.txt file ( in the resource folder) back to original ( was modified for luclin models) or the client would error out.

Apparently this file has to exactly match what something after the Vel patch

FlipisWin
08-02-2015, 04:01 PM
So we can't use luclin graphics anymore? the entire default global txt? or just parts of it. kinda confused

Pulgrey
08-02-2015, 04:05 PM
--shrugs--

I renamed the file originally, so I had the one installed.

I tinkered around with the new global I made for luclin models.. tried different options. None seemed to work.

Looking at the thread I got the instructions from, seems we will need to use the globalload.txt file unchanged from instillation, the Dev's put in some sorta check for it.

Past that... no idea. Just mentioning reverting tot he old file fixed it so I could get back ingame ( but with old character graphics)

FlipisWin
08-02-2015, 04:18 PM
dang, thats cool. I really appreciate that feedback man. I was going crazy trying diff stuff. prolly uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times. So yea thanks again man. Ill give it a shot and see if i can get in game. Prolly wont play if I can't have my luclin graphics =( To each they're own but those graphics were part of my own lil nostalgia. Just like classic is to some of you guys.