PDA

View Full Version : server first velious

SHOWITME
08-03-2015, 08:26 AM
who got what server first?

i heard BDA got first dain / vindi ? taken got statue?

confirm/deny

Swish
08-03-2015, 08:27 AM
welcome to the next couple of years, who got the server firsts for Kunark? :p

I heard BDA got Wuoshi down?

Hezron
08-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Wuoshi, Vindi, Dain, Velk, Lord Bob before I went to bed. Tried a combined Avatar of War with Taken but had too many people in zone and all started desyncs upon incoming.

Pyrocat
08-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Rogean BROADCASTS, 'Congratulations on raid kills so far - King Tormax to Taken || Wuoshi to Bregan D`Aerth || Kelorek`Dar to Rampage'

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'Raid Kill Update - Klandicar to Rampage || Derakor the Vindicator to Bregan D`Aerth || The Statue of Rallos Zek to Taken'

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'A valiant effort by Taken, bringing Avatar of War down to 72&PCT;!'

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'Raid Kill Update - Zlandicar - Rampage || Dain Frostreaver IV - Bregan D`Aerth || Lendiniara the Keeper - Forsaken'

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'Raid Kill Update: Dozekar the Cursed - Rampage || Velketor the Sorceror - Bregan D`Aerth || Ikatiar the Venom - Rampage'

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'Raid Kill Update: Telkorenar - Divinity || Eashen of the Sky - Forsaken || Lord Yelinak - Rampage'

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'Raid Kill Update: Aaryonar - Forsaken || Sontalak - Rampage || Lord Freshlak - Forsaken'

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'Raid Kill Update: Dagarn the Destroyer - Forsaken || Lord Vyemm - Rampage || Lord Koi`Doken - Rampage'

Also Rampage: Cekenar, Zlexak, Sevalak, Jorlleag, Lady Mirenilla, Lady Nevederia, Vulak`Aerr

zanderklocke
08-03-2015, 09:09 AM
So basically everything is killable on day 1 with Kunark gear.

4WOFURY
08-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Sure, with enough people!

Koota
08-03-2015, 09:13 AM

You ever see the Rallos Zek Sleeper's encounter? NUMBERS.

Gimp
08-03-2015, 09:19 AM
So AoW and Tunare are the only two mobs that didn't die day 1?

Jimjam
08-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Death by a thousand cuts!

Ele
08-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Even with Donal's in its final form!

People saying it would take weeks of farming E/W ToV for resist armor before the biggies died probably feel silly now.

Corners are the best resist gear and are free!

Koota
08-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Last edited by Jimjam; Today at 09:21 AM.. Reason: had to remove a misplaced 'n' from one of those words

heheheheheh

Bilbik
08-03-2015, 09:48 AM

Does this mean people were exploiting the LoS bugs?

Koota
08-03-2015, 09:50 AM
LoS is a bug?

Bilbik
08-03-2015, 09:54 AM
LoS is a bug?

Or as posted in the Velious beta chat...

Exploiting Geometry/LoS for Tanks/Melee. Is this strategy allowed, where your melee or tanks can hit a raid mob though they don't have true LoS on said mob, which allows them to avoid all LoS based AEs? Is this classic? Is it kosher on the server? -- As it stands there are some locations you can tank certain dragons like Zlandicar and quite a few in ToV, where your tank isn't getting hit by any AEs... Fears, DDs, stuns, etc. But he is still capable of meleeing, proccing and holding aggro. Same deal for your entire set of melee DPS standing in this location and tank standing somewhere else. Allowing you to still DPS but not deal with the AEs at all. For healers this was certainly a strategy. Hide behind wall because heals don't require LoS. However tanks and DPS still being able to hold aggro/melee AND being able to avoid AEs...

Koota
08-03-2015, 09:57 AM
classic.

Lojik
08-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Guys can I send you some EQ action figures and have your whole guild sign for me? You guys are EQ superstars

Ele
08-03-2015, 09:59 AM
I'm talking about clerics hiding behind a corner to block LoS of the AE. Indoor zones, walls, you know smart stuff i.e. positioning.

Bilbik
08-03-2015, 10:10 AM
All I hear is Bacon Pancakes making bacon pancakes when I see your Avatar

Ele
08-03-2015, 10:12 AM
All I hear is Bacon Pancakes making bacon pancakes when I see your Avatar

Well Velious is over now, so we should all partake in Bacon Pancakes.

Daldaen
08-03-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm talking about clerics hiding behind a corner to block LoS of the AE. Indoor zones, walls, you know smart stuff i.e. positioning.

This is smart tactics.

What I speak about, which is what was quoted above is different from smart tactics. It's exploiting a bug.

Clerics who don't require line of sight to heal have always been able to hide behind walls. But on P99 Beta you were able to hide your tank under a step/hole in the ground, continue to hit with melee/hold aggro/do DPS all the while avoiding AEs because of the geometry. This wasn't classic and players trying to do this on classic would've been met with "you cannot see your target" messages. Here however you can stand underneath a step, hit a dragon with a large hitbox, so long as the center of the dragon is above you and completely avoid their AE. That is broken and should be removed.

If you want to melee or cast detrimental spells on a dragon, his AE should be hitting you, if it's not because of positioning you should receive "you cannot see your target" messages.

Making Hitboxes only function from the center of the dragon upwards would likely fix this. By requiring you be on even footing or levitating above a dragon and always in LoS to actually melee them.

But alas, I digress. It's not a big factor but pretty cheesy like burning SoulFires, Traks Teeth and Ivandyrs Hoops.

surron
08-03-2015, 10:18 AM
lol wow ntov already cleared, so are there people hanging out in PoM yet?

dafier
08-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Velk was a FUNNY fight. Wish everyone could have seen that giant moving back and forth like that. Kinda buggy though but wow that was really funny.

fishingme
08-03-2015, 10:58 AM
I hear chest got the first ban in velious

untergang
08-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Now that Velious is over, can we get Recycle 99?

Frudrura
08-03-2015, 11:08 AM

Bristlebaner
08-03-2015, 11:14 AM

Randy
08-03-2015, 11:16 AM

Nope. Got to get everything in Velious cleaned up first. While the Devs do a great job, I am guessing are still something for them to work on and some tweaking to do.

dafier
08-03-2015, 12:29 PM
I hear chest got the first ban in velious

Not banned. Suspension. It was over something silly and it was only for a couple minutes. More than anything I think it was a misunderstanding.

kined
08-03-2015, 12:35 PM

kunark last 4.5 years, but yet day 1 and velious is 'over.'.... just play the damn game. a wipe isn't gonna change anything, just give you people a chance to get to lvl 10 and realize its still the same game and you still going to be behind because it doesn't change the fact that some people don't have jobs or things to do and there are constantly going to be twins. a fresh server isn't gonna do shit.

Fiyero
08-03-2015, 12:41 PM
So since there are no future expansions, will people continue to get BiS everything from Velious? Is there still satisfaction farming NTOV for years knowing that gear will never be needed? Not surprising, but still kinda sad that Velious was cleared on day 1.

fishingme
08-03-2015, 12:56 PM
So since there are no future expansions, will people continue to get BiS everything from Velious? Is there still satisfaction farming NTOV for years knowing that gear will never be needed? Not surprising, but still kinda sad that Velious was cleared on day 1.

Well, I grouped with a lot of people from BDA/taken/rampage/forsaken the past couple of weeks who were boxing beta to practice it. If people hadn't been practicing on beta then i dont think it would of been cleared on day 1.

TarukShmaruk
08-03-2015, 01:02 PM
You ever see the Rallos Zek Sleeper's encounter? NUMBERS.

Well also remember people didn't have 4 years to farm kunark + whatever on live.

Velious came out the same year - just a little over 6 months later.

IIRC most servers didn't even have people farming VP regularly, much less Trakanon and years of epics

I don't think Rallos Zek had a single guild doing VP before Velious came out.

kunark last 4.5 years, but yet day 1 and velious is 'over.'.... just play the damn game. a wipe isn't gonna change anything, just give you people a chance to get to lvl 10 and realize its still the same game and you still going to be behind because it doesn't change the fact that some people don't have jobs or things to do and there are constantly going to be twins. a fresh server isn't gonna do shit.

Except it'll be a lot harder to get a rez, epics will be poopsocked even more than they are now, playing melee will feel awful now that you don't have access to cheap twink gear, fbss will be unattainable, etc etc etc

The only way recycle would be fun is if it was with new stuff like caster focus gear, some of the later QoL changes, and maybe knowing there was more progression than just velious coming up

pasi
08-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Special K is absent from the list, but I assume Forsaken got him as Vulak died and it looks like Forsaken went right for the arguably better loots.

Even with Donal's in its final form!

People saying it would take weeks of farming E/W ToV for resist armor before the biggies died probably feel silly now.

The last year of my posting history in a nutshell.

Tanks have enough gear to survive a single round before a CHeal. Your clerics don't need gear, they've got mod rods. You don't need better weapons, just bring more rogues. Even the baddest of dragons are just an AE to wall/dodge and a different number to count before hitting the CHeal macro.

For those disappointed with everything dying day 1: welcome to early EQ. The developers figured out how to make engaging raid content later on. For now, enjoy the game for the other hundred things that they did right.

untergang
08-03-2015, 01:41 PM

Blue 99 is an outhouse with a bucket that nobody will ever dump out.

Recycle 99 will be a fresh toilet that flushes itself every couple years or so.

milsorgen
08-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Guys can I send you some EQ action figures and have your whole guild sign for me? You guys are EQ superstars

http://i.imgur.com/ctnLF7k.jpg

http://I.imgur.com/jYAKATP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6yXruWf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kr2R1b5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M6UJYOf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WiDjDe4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mHwRTH3.jpg

They're not action figures, they are investment grade collectable figurines!!

Swish
08-03-2015, 03:16 PM
I was the first player to circle every portal 10 times clockwise then 10 times anti-clockwise... glad to have my name enshrined in server history.

"Don't forget me"

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsC/4026-6009.jpg

jarshale
08-03-2015, 05:57 PM
I just found my Iksar action figure yesterday right before the Velious event! The one above with the claw/qeynos shield.

Portasaurus
08-03-2015, 06:09 PM
I was the server first person to get excited about a scallop

Wfrench1234
08-03-2015, 06:11 PM
The fact those figurines exist is proof there are people out there with no ambition to ever touch a breast

Bboboo
08-03-2015, 06:18 PM
The fact those figurines exist is proof there are people out there with no ambition to ever touch a breast

I've held plenty bags of sand in my day good sir.

foldupmonk
08-03-2015, 07:03 PM
All I read was something about bacon. Grats to the rest of the guilds but lets talk about that bacon

Nuggie
08-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Stuff about exploits

I believe Conquest ate a ban on Lanys on live for exploiting the Z axis. Something about warders and a bridge.

Ravager
08-03-2015, 07:44 PM
All I read was something about bacon. Grats to the rest of the guilds but lets talk about that bacon

The butcher shop down the road from me sells 3/16" thick cut bacon. We put a pork rub on it and grilled it over charcoal. It was pretty amazing.

curtischoy
08-04-2015, 03:44 PM
holy shit that sounds awesome.

Byrjun
08-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Well also remember people didn't have 4 years to farm kunark + whatever on live.

Velious came out the same year - just a little over 6 months later.

IIRC most servers didn't even have people farming VP regularly, much less Trakanon and years of epics

Yeah, check the old Legacy of Steel updates. One of the top guilds of classic EQ and they had 2 Donal's BPs and the majority of their members didn't even have epics.

Or as posted in the Velious beta chat...

Exploiting Geometry/LoS for Tanks/Melee. Is this strategy allowed, where your melee or tanks can hit a raid mob though they don't have true LoS on said mob, which allows them to avoid all LoS based AEs?

No. If you're caught doing this it's a good way to get players/guilds banned/suspended. We were warned not to do this even on the beta server, so it's something the GMs take seriously.