PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 and still no luck

FlipisWin
08-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Going on my 3rd day of trying to get in game. Would be extremely grateful is someone could try and help me figure this out. I have read several post of people having same problem, and i see some of them figure it out. I guess I am just not that good at these kind of things cause im still lost in the woods. Did the devs intentionally break the use of luclin models? I have read that a few times, was wondering if anyone knew for certain. Or is there a way to still use them?
At this point I am completely lost and the more I read the more confused I am lol

PDX0621
08-03-2015, 10:56 AM
You didn't say what your problem was. If it is the inability to use Luclin models, that is the same for everyone. The Velious patch disabled the ability to run them. I feel for ya. I'm thinking of starting a support group.

FlipisWin
08-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Oh sorry ><, I guess that answers my question though. If I can't use luclin graphics then there is no need to fix =) I refuse to play on just classic models. Did the devs do this on purpose to force everyone to use classic models? Or is it just a mix up with a fresh patch and it should get sorted with a little time?

Would love to join that support group. I was in love with p99, gave me the oldschool play style but with the models I liked. It was the perfect home =(.

I really appreciate the feeback!

FlipisWin
08-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Saw your profile pic, and had to ask but..... 13fox?

Roguejm11
08-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Yes, they did force the classic models upon us, for both Blue and Red servers.

They have yet to explain to us why. Just speculation from P99 players.

am0n
08-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Yes, they did force the classic models upon us, for both Blue and Red servers.

They have yet to explain to us why. Just speculation from P99 players.

Because it's "not classic." Developers have already stated that the first chance they figure out how to force us to use the classic UI, they will. If it's not classic, they will remove it first chance they get. Luclin models are not classic.

(Personally I'd rather the option, but I'm not the one developing this)

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1315689&postcount=19

PDX0621
08-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Saw your profile pic, and had to ask but..... 13fox?

PDX as in Portland, OR. 0621 - Marine Corps MOS code for Field Radio Operator.

PDX0621
08-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Because it's "not classic." Developers have already stated that the first chance they figure out how to force us to use the classic UI, they will. If it's not classic, they will remove it first chance they get. Luclin models are not classic.

(Personally I'd rather the option, but I'm not the one developing this)

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1315689&postcount=19

I think the majority of it had to do with the power hungy, insane 2nd job territory level neckbeards who used the Luclin models to exploit various aspects of the game. If people would just chill the f*ck out and stop trying to cheat or blur the lines of rules to get any possibly conceivable advantage over others in a chase for pixels, it probably wouldn't have been a big deal. But, I digress...