PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, Long, LONG time EQ lover here

Kesselring
08-04-2015, 01:49 AM
I just want to first off say, I love EQ. It shaped my childhood & adulthood alike. It was such an immerseful game. I've played for a total of almmost 18 years!. I still remember my first iksar monk and kurns tower, and the old shouts of TRAIN!.

Anyways I am coming back to play as I have a bit of free time but I dont want to spend long grinding because last I came to the server although there were some very friendly people it took me a while to get the gear I had and then an accident happened. I was pulling for a group in a group zone around mid 20's to mid 30's. I was pulling for my group and I suddenly died, now we had noone to teleport me there and being an iksar I was bound somewhere near a zone in Gfaydark, so there I was running back to my corpse and all of the sudden I get this phone call. My Mother had a stroke.

I had to fly all the way out to the west coast to help take care and show my moral & physical support, and of course over beyond emotional support for her. I was there by her side for 6 months until she passed and then had to take care of all the legal proceedings and she put me in successor to her will and didn't went a lawyer in the middle of it (I am a fair guy and my family knows so). It was such an emtional time during the funeral, and we had lost our dog not even 7 months before she had passsed, and it was truly her best companion and loved by all the family.

I want to come back and play with you guys but I think I lost my corpse and I do have some time to play I think grinding will be hard to get back where I was. Listen guys this isn't a chairty case. I was actually hoping to see if maybe the admins can summon back my corpse so I could get, and if they could at least help me if they can't because I have a good guess of what I was wearing at the time.

I thank you all for still playing this game I hope to join you soon!

Kesselring
08-04-2015, 02:06 AM
heck I dont even remember how to past account credentials, I dont remember how logging on pj1999 works anymore. I think you had to do it from the website rigth?

Kesselring
08-04-2015, 02:13 AM
I know this isnt the forum for this, but I followed the instructions to the T, it looks like since my account was so old I gotta start a new account since they deleted it which is fine. I just can't log in at all. I did exactly what the startup guide said, created forum & login accounts and tried logging in with my login account and zilch.

JickFromTholuxe
08-04-2015, 02:14 AM
Try posting in the Petition / Exploit subforum (http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25) for a corpse recovery. Check out the Getting Started guide (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651) for setting up your account again. You will need a copy of Titanium, which you may remember how to get from your last experience with P99. I think I've heard they do help recover unfortunate total loss situations so it's worth asking at the very least. Welcome back and enjoy Velious!

Nuggie
08-04-2015, 03:43 AM
I believe any gm or guide can summon your last corpse. like they kept shadowrest open or something.

Swish
08-04-2015, 04:41 AM
Yep no long term timer on a corpse. They usually summon it to EC just outside Freeport, make an in game petition.

Kesselring
08-04-2015, 06:31 AM
Well is it possible that they delete inactive accounts? because when I logged onto my forum account and went to the characters tied to it, nothing came up. And I'm having problems connecting to the server, as in it will load into start screen but does not load anything when I hit connect, the other buttons worked.

I swear I followed the start up guide to the T!

Thank you all for your help! I love EQ communities!

Swish
08-04-2015, 06:54 AM
They never delete characters or accounts. If the account was banned on P99 you'll find out after trying to connect (before the character selection screen).

Some people have been struggling to connect lately, it could be related to that issue.

Morlaeth
08-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Forum accounts and game server accounts are two different things

Kesselring
08-04-2015, 05:33 PM
I still can't log in, run the thing it says to run "launch whatever" after doing exactly what it told me to do in the guide.

It takes me to EQ start up screen, can click options and such, but can't hit login, gives me some sort of error.

joppykid
08-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Did you possibly launch the Sony Launcher? You'll need to run the EQ shortcut created from the ZIP Patch Files 37 or use WinEq. If you did the sony launcher you'll have to reinstall.

Lojik
08-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Anti virus blocking dll or something? Or maybe we just don't want nazis here

Kesselring
08-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Okay so I can log in, now I am facing this error when I boot up from the server selection screen.

http://i.imgur.com/VO8ytpF.png

When I start up from server it goes into windows mode regardless of my options not being for window and then after 2-3 secnds that error pops up

Swish
08-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Not sure about that exact digit string but I've had that a few times, usually from logging out to the login screen once in the game though.

Open up your eqclient.ini file (in your EQ install) and have a play with the resolution settings. I'd really suggest setting it up for windowed mode at least to begin with - just have the resolution match your desktop resolution etc.

WindowedMode=TRUE

... or something like that in there.

Kesselring
08-06-2015, 12:31 AM
To clarify once and for all and I will stop annoying you people who have no sympathy what-so-ever if thats your wish. My mother is alive. I was drunk & distressed last night and I had just got in from the west coast and jet lag was killer. I wrote that and didn't realize I worded something wrong.

I meant: She was dying, and was probably going to die. I was her successor and executor of the will and I would be the one having to do the whole funeral and all the legal matters, I had to even meet with a lawyer a few times. When things took a turn for the better for her this was not the case anymore even though her health is still very bad.

I'm not lying about anything this is as real as it gets. I do get my words jumbled a lot especially when im inebriated, and I sometimes exagerrate. Nowhere did I ask for items or platinum. I asked for moral support & sympathy and asked if any clans/guilds would take me. Apparently that makes me a troll, so this is my final statement. I'm staying in the server. What I said was not a lie at all and honestly couldn't believe the reaction I got from the community like they were scrutinizing everything they could. And I'm not a troll, I don't care to troll, and trolling would do nothing for me.

The fact people go to batter someone so much over the fact they want some solace that they just went through 8 months of hell almost watching their mother die (yes 8 months not 6 like in my original drunk post, apparently I cant recall memory when im drunk either lol) astonishes me. How quick you were all to judge & assume and yet you're all still wrong because none of you know anything except for me and what had actually happened in my life. And that's just the facts of it and opinions don't matter so sorry guys :(. Thanks for the opinions though, but after all, they're just opinions, and the negative opinions... well after all they are just YOUR opinions (you negative people) lol. I'm stronger than you think and if you think after going through 8 months of hell and then being battered by what I once called family is going to break me (I dont know why you are even trying to break me at all in the first place), well guess what... it's not.

Troxx
08-06-2015, 12:58 AM
"I was there by her side until she passed and then had to"

"It was such an emotional time during the funeral"

Those are your words not mine.

Now it just sounds like you're backpedaling...

Wargasm
08-06-2015, 02:46 AM
This guy's pants are on fire.

DeadlyReza
08-06-2015, 03:38 AM
I was about to send this guy my email to gave a friend to talk to... I have been through almost exactly the same situation... well the cancer part with my mother and her passing away...

Anyway I hope for your sake you are not lieing mate because karma will get you...

But here is a tip if you are not, if you desperately need a friend or someone to talk to, you don't do it in an open forum for a game and then tie it to a problem related to the game.

Immediately everyone will think you are just using the problem to get hand outs.

And the best thing to do would be to all in a more personal setting, like a group or guild.

Just some tips on how I would handle it

Mojo24
08-06-2015, 03:54 AM
So you exaggerated the fact that your mother had already died and the fact that you were emotional during her funeral?

Your original beg post was on August fourth, which you stated you just got back after 6 months, and your most recent says 8.

"I think grinding will be hard to get back where I was"

Fuck you for using cancer and a dog dying as excuses to beg for free shit.

McBenz
08-06-2015, 08:00 AM
Hats off to you. If my mother was bed ridden playing a game that was 16 years old wouldn't even cross my mind. You truly deserve to be there, and here!

Welcome!

Tiewon Shu
08-06-2015, 02:19 PM
...I was there by her side for 6 months until she passed and then had to take care of all the legal proceedings and she put me in successor to her will and didn't went a lawyer in the middle of it (I am a fair guy and my family knows so). It was such an emtional time during the funeral, and we had lost our dog not even 7 months before she had passsed, and it was truly her best companion and loved by all the family.

...My mother is alive. I was drunk & distressed last night and I had just got in from the west coast and jet lag was killer. I wrote that and didn't realize I worded something wrong.

I meant: She was dying, and was probably going to die. I was her successor and executor of the will and I would be the one having to do the whole funeral and all the legal matters, I had to even meet with a lawyer a few times. When things took a turn for the better for her this was not the case anymore even though her health is still very bad.

Duuude... just... duuude. I sure hope karma does not kill you one day.

I'm not lying about anything this is as real as it gets. I do get my words jumbled a lot especially when im inebriated, and I sometimes exagerrate. Nowhere did I ask for items or platinum. I asked for moral support & sympathy and asked if any clans/guilds would take me. Apparently that makes me a troll, so this is my final statement. I'm staying in the server. What I said was not a lie at all and honestly couldn't believe the reaction I got from the community like they were scrutinizing everything they could. And I'm not a troll, I don't care to troll, and trolling would do nothing for me.

So let's just say for the sake of argument, you aren't lying. Why not just say, "Hey P99 Community, I'm having a real bad year personally and could sure use some friends to talk to right now?" Why the sob story if not to solicit charity? Secondly, if your Mom has a terminal illness, what the heck are you doing playing a game? Even if my mom was in remission, I would be spending time with her. Your mom should read this forum and reconsider who to make her new executor.

The fact people go to batter someone so much over the fact they want some solace that they just went through 8 months of hell almost watching their mother die (yes 8 months not 6 like in my original drunk post, apparently I cant recall memory when im drunk either lol) astonishes me.

You aren't alone. Most people cannot recall something that never happened either.

How quick you were all to judge & assume and yet you're all still wrong because none of you know anything except for me and what had actually happened in my life. And that's just the facts of it and opinions don't matter so sorry guys :(.

You are quick to judge and call people "wrong," without any supporting evidence of your story. Without evidence, your story is just that, an unfactual story. Why should we take your word as credible when you lied already, albeit lied while drunk. Then you have the brazen audacity to twist the situation and give everyone a guilt trip based on your unproven accounts? Seriously, I personally seen children create more convincing fabrications.

Thanks for the opinions though, but after all, they're just opinions, and the negative opinions... well after all they are just YOUR opinions (you negative people) lol.

Hypocritical no? Giving a negative opinion about the community that doesn't believe your story?

I'm stronger than you think and if you think after going through 8 months of hell and then being battered by what I once called family is going to break me (I dont know why you are even trying to break me at all in the first place), well guess what... it's not.

If we don't break you, your mom probably will if she ever read about the death story you created about her. Seriously, get professional help.

milsorgen
08-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Don't listen to the dark faction OP me and the rest of the bangin' p99ers are here for you.

Godspeed Op.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpssdOoBLGKxobu/giphy.gif

Lictor
08-06-2015, 04:56 PM
This clown admit he is ryantwin20 yet?

Lojik
08-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Uncle Albert you're 129 years old, how the hell is your mom still alive?

Kesselring
08-06-2015, 09:48 PM
I was a bit emotional when I originally wrote the post. Once again I never asked for items I just wanted someone to talk to, a community. I wanted a guild. I needed to be around people.

My mother had a stroke which she almost died, and during that they ran cat-scans and found a malignant tumor in her chest. She was treated in hospital for 5 months, let go and she has to get checked up twice a week. I stayed with her for 3 months at her house setting everything up and helping her with whatever.

I admit I was very emotional and I don't know why I said she died but I was by her bed and I had the funeral (that it was coming and it was inevitable on my mind A LOT). I must've alrady thought in my mind she was gone and I had already lost her... and honestly part of that is true. I still pray for her everyday that she may not suffer, that she gets through it (it's not going into remission but she is getting better), and that she lives a peaceful day, day by day.

I can't believe this all went from "hey guys I've come back to the server & community, I had a bit of bad news but I was looking to see if anybody would offer support as in talk to me or accept me into their click. Instead people automatically assumed I wanted items and money and everything in the sky.

Some nice guuy which his name will remain anonymous came up to me and said "hey man, I'm a lawyer and honestly I've heard a lot of bullshit in my time but I'm almost 100% you are telling the truth". He tried to give me an item, I declined, he did give me some money for travel for later. He took me back to cab so I could check my bank to see if I had anything in there and I even did a transfer for him from one char to another and he blindly trusted me.... because guess what... I was telling the truth.

Sorry but it really sucks to be the people who doubted me, not only did you insult someone who has breast cancer, but you insulted a fellow EQ member who is just a regular EQ player, not a scammer or a thief or train maker. Hell way back during live I used to do ports for free. So I don't see why you guys all want to gang up against me and think that your opinion that I am fishy must be true because its YOUR opinion. LMAO. Your opinion is just that... an opinion.

Thanks to all who helped and to all those who ddin't thanks for making me realize what some of the people on this server are like.

Zulzephur - Tarew Marr
08-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Take your copy/pasted story elsewhere.

No one insulted anyone, your made up Mother with breast cancer; you are the only insult here.

Don't ask for sympathy still even after lying. Look at the posts; you didn't "miss word" anything. You got caught in your own lie.

Also, this is why we doubt you, and people like you.

Like Tiewon Shu said; you may need to seek help. As a psychiatric nurse, I can sympathize with that... but you're not crazy. Just a liar lookin' for a hand-out.

jsre2
08-06-2015, 11:55 PM
I can't believe this all went from "hey guys I've come back to the server & community, I had a bit of bad news but I was looking to see if anybody would offer support as in talk to me or accept me into their click. Instead people automatically assumed I wanted items and money and everything in the sky.

He did say words to the effect of the above in ooc ("I don't want items/money").

However about an hour later, he returned with news from a GM that his corpse couldn't be recovered, "so can people please donate some items". Is this a violation of server policy i.e. using deception to gain items or money? I certainly thought he might have been banned when he LD'd shortly afterwards! But no, he returned an hour later with news that an "unrecoverable corpse" had blossomed into a 3 day delay for a GM assistance with a recoverable corpse, "so can people please donate items to help me out".

He also used /ooc to defend his right to beg, as "there are level 60's with tons of spare gear to hand out to people" ...who have difficult relationships with the truth. Or was it family problems, I can't remember.