PDA

View Full Version : Fact or fiction...?

Axlrose
08-04-2015, 07:45 AM
I heard something about Velious that Sony wanted to implement with the weapons but could not remember if it was considered and not was possible or just a wild idea that ran rampant as a "too bad". But the various weapons made from Velium (sp?) were supposed to have melted and been rendered destroyed if they left that continent. That the cold surroundings were keeping them frozen and the rest of Norrath was too warm.

Fact or fiction...?

Thanks!

4WOFURY
08-04-2015, 08:12 AM
Definitely seems like something they could have easily implemented. They already had the mechanic there for PoSky keys (Would stay on your character indefinitely while you were in PoSky, even if you camped; but would poof as soon as you left)

falkun
08-04-2015, 08:22 AM
That's for a single zone though. Velious has multiple zones, so it would have been a more difficult mechanic for them to implement circa 2000.

webrunner5
08-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Fact or Fiction that they NEVER dreamed we would still be playing a Kids Game 16 years later either. :o

Kender
08-04-2015, 06:25 PM
they would have dreamed it but they wouldnt have believed it

Danth
08-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Fact or Fiction that they NEVER dreamed we would still be playing a Kids Game 16 years later either. :o

Odd thought, that. I've never thought of this as a kids game, and (like you) was adult when it launched. I consider kids games things like Super Mario Bros. or whatnot. EQ, in spite of its terrible name, has a number of decidedly un-childish features, ranging from alcohol consumption to dismembered corpses littering bloody torture chambers. If not for the limited graphic tech of the time some areas would be outright horrific.

Danth

bulbousaur
08-05-2015, 01:59 PM
I remember this rumor, but was relieved when it was just that at Velious launch.

Ele
08-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Odd thought, that. I've never thought of this as a kids game, and (like you) was adult when it launched. I consider kids games things like Super Mario Bros. or whatnot. EQ, in spite of its terrible name, has a number of decidedly un-childish features, ranging from alcohol consumption to dismembered corpses littering bloody torture chambers. If not for the limited graphic tech of the time some areas would be outright horrific.

Danth

Don't forget elf trafficking and prostitution occurring within Hagglebaron's house!

myriverse
08-05-2015, 02:30 PM
^ Dancers at Maiden's Fancy. :)