PDA

View Full Version : Best class for intro to Velious

voni
08-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Hey guys.. wondering if you can advise me on which character is best to take into Velious first and roughly the steps I should take (i.e. Take necro, go to iceclad, and look for group)

My playtime situation has changed and I have about 1-2 hours/night at this point, and like to be able to kill a few things solo or play where I can quickly get a group.

I also don't remember anything from Velious from back in the day so I don't really know how to even enter or where I should go with any of my characters.

My characters are:

55 Cleric
53 Shaman
56 Necro
51 Druid
46 Wizard
35 Warrior
32 Monk

Thanks in advance!

rciv
08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Necro pretty sucky right now. They broke splurt, won't let you memorize the spell.

mr_jon3s
08-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Druids have a lot of options right now if you like charming or quading.

Ele
08-05-2015, 10:49 AM
If you only have 1-2 hours at a time to explore and do stuff, use your druid.

Eventually move your cleric to Kael or Velks and jump in and out of xp groups if you enjoy playing your cleric.

Evia
08-05-2015, 10:54 AM
35 Warrior and 32 monk - Crystal Caverns or Rygorr Orc Camp in Eastern Wastes. CC among the most fun dungeons to me. Interesting loots too.

voni
08-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys.

In terms of travel, is it a requirement that I run over there at first through the NRo boat or is there a nicer way of getting to those places (Kael, Velk, Crystal Caverns).

Ele
08-05-2015, 01:54 PM
You can get ported to Iceclad ring, which is a lot faster than taking the boat from Nro, then switching to the big boat.

To get ported to the other portals however you must travel by foot to those locations and pick up a tooth (ground spawn) inside of the portal walls before you can be ported there via a druid or wizard.