PDA

View Full Version : stormfeather question...

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 11:57 AM
camp or fte? has variance... is the rule of thumb that static spawns with variance are fte just like VT? Or can people really afk camp it till the window opens?

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 02:55 PM
So the same goes for Lodi? Lodi is FTE as well?

Troxx
08-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Would bet both Lodi and stormfeather are FTE.

Wandering mind in open zone?

Say no to 'lists' 97 people deep.

Cyrano
08-05-2015, 03:00 PM
I'd respect the people camping it. It's not a turn in like RF.

Bilbik
08-05-2015, 03:18 PM
I'd respect the people camping it. It's not a turn in like RF.

It shouldn't be a list, every camp in this game shouldn't be some shitty list that can't regulated. Especially something that has a variable spawn WITH A CHANCE TO SKIP SPAWNS

Daldaen
08-05-2015, 03:30 PM
It shouldn't be a list, every camp in this game shouldn't be some shitty list that can't regulated. Especially something that has a variable spawn WITH A CHANCE TO SKIP SPAWNS

I tend to agree with this. Make it FTE and randomize spawn points to AFK-Daliant type folk aren't getting all of these mobs. Also FTE prevents the Blitzkragg's of the world from shitting on a spawn for 4 months monopilizing it.

Kagey
08-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Stormfeather is a list, its a camp, not FTE. why? cause I will come and pwn you with my 43ms ping.

Lodi is a force mob (yes shammy can solo it what ever) but you will see guilds racing to kill him. so its FTE.

I dont know why it so hard for people to understand that if it has yellow emote text its FTE, if it doesnt its a fucking camp. Smarten up.

Troxx
08-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Quill mane has no yellow text yet it is considered FTE. There are literally thousands of mobs in this game that are FTE without yellow text.

Wandering mobs in open zones - FTE.

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Stormfeather is a list, its a camp, not FTE. why? cause I will come and pwn you with my 43ms ping.

Lodi is a force mob (yes shammy can solo it what ever) but you will see guilds racing to kill him. so its FTE.

I dont know why it so hard for people to understand that if it has yellow emote text its FTE, if it doesnt its a fucking camp. Smarten up.

Uhh I don't see the difference? It's pretty much the same exact spawn.

Kagey
08-05-2015, 03:53 PM
sf spawns in 1 spot on a hill.. quill spawns out of 4 spots all around karana.. not the same . give me an example of a FTE group single soloable mob that does not path out of a 50 yard distance.

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 03:57 PM
sf spawns in 1 spot on a hill.. quill spawns out of 4 spots all around karana.. not the same . give me an example of a FTE group single soloable mob that does not path out of a 50 yard distance.

I'm referring to Lodi and SF.

Kagey
08-05-2015, 03:58 PM
quill is also fte because you can have 2 different groups of people claiming a trigger spawn. so who lays claim?.

stormfeather has 1 ph thats it.

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 04:00 PM
A static spawn with a long respawn window that has variance and roams after spawning but can also skip spawns. Describes both Lodi and SF yet you say SF is a camp because the mob is level 30? Hmmm ;)

Itap
08-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Braknar will tell you straight up that outside static or wandering mobs are FTE. No ifs ands our buts

Kagey
08-05-2015, 04:05 PM
lodi v.s sf

lodi
-paths over most of first island.
-meant to be a elite mob
-need a force to drop him (not soloable unless your a high end shammy)
-has very valuable loot table 2+ drops at a time. 3 with map.

sf
-stays on hill,
-single ph spawn
-lower lvl mob, can be soloed.
-1 piece of a quest map.

like in your head what sounds more like a camp and what is more of a fte.

arsenalpow
08-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Braknar will tell you straight up that outside static or wandering mobs are FTE. No ifs ands our buts

Ok Hadden is an outdoor spawn, is he FTE? No, of course he fucking isn't.

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 04:14 PM
sf
-stays on hill,
-single ph spawn
-lower lvl mob, can be soloed.
-1 piece of a quest map.

There is no PH. I watched it spawn the other day.

Kagey
08-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Im sorry yes I was wrong, there is no ph. Was trying to remember from live. Thought I was killing 1 pathing cougar that walked up hill from tree.

Itap
08-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Ok Hadden is an outdoor spawn, is he FTE? No, of course he fucking isn't.

Don't get mad at the messenger chest, I'm simply stating what I have been told by Braknar himself after petitioning. I was "camping" static mobs and I was told they are FTE.

arsenalpow
08-05-2015, 04:35 PM
FTE is for raid mobs, from the play nice policy

All raid mobs provide an "FTE Shout" that show what guild has engaged. Kill stealing will be severely disciplined.

Stormfeather has a fixed spawn point, doesn't have an FTE shout, thus it's a camp.

Itap
08-05-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm agreeing with you, and I was told I was wrong. Not sure what to tell you

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Stormfeather has a fixed spawn point, doesn't have an FTE shout, thus it's a camp.

Lodi has a fixed spawn point. Lodi has a FTE shout?

If it does I am wondering why is it considered a raid mob?

Chrysus
08-05-2015, 05:16 PM
I tend to agree with this. Make it FTE and randomize spawn points to AFK-Daliant type folk aren't getting all of these mobs. Also FTE prevents the Blitzkragg's of the world from shitting on a spawn for 4 months monopilizing it.

I think this is the best solution to the problems surrounding Iceclad's most famous denizens.

arsenalpow
08-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Lodi has a fixed spawn point. Lodi has a FTE shout?

If it does I am wondering why is it considered a raid mob?

because it has an FTE shout which is a distinguishing factor of a raid mob

if your argument that if something has a fixed location it shouldn't be FTE then you'd have to alter that for every single other raid target that spawns in a fixed location

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 05:22 PM

if your argument that if something has a fixed location it shouldn't be FTE then you'd have to alter that for every single other raid target that spawns in a fixed location

Nah, that isn't what I'm saying.

I am just wondering why Lodi would be FTE but not SF when the function on how it spawns is exactly the same.

I haven't seen an FTE message for Lodi so if there is one I am not sure.

Man0warr
08-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Lodi doesn't have an FTE right now, but probably should.

captnamazing
08-05-2015, 05:25 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/p58ts.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/p58ts)[url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Lodi doesn't have an FTE right now, but probably should.

Then this would make Lodi a camp? :)

/facepalm

Cyrano
08-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Nah, that isn't what I'm saying.

I am just wondering why Lodi would be FTE but not SF when the function on how it spawns is exactly the same.

I haven't seen an FTE message for Lodi so if there is one I am not sure.

Just give up, you're not gonna convince anyone that KS'ing SF from the person camping it is ok. If you want to be a dick and do it fine, but to try rationalizing it as fair play or something is pointless.

Bill Tetley
08-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Just give up, you're not gonna convince anyone that KS'ing SF from the person camping it is ok. If you want to be a dick and do it fine, but to try rationalizing it as fair play or something is pointless.

Sir, that isn't the point of the thread. The point is to get clarification.

I'm not going to camp (claim) at Lodi or SF for 15 hours to have people stroll in once it's in window and beat me to FTE.

That's why I was looking to have us hash this out...

arsenalpow
08-05-2015, 05:51 PM
lucan should be a camp too #boggle

captnamazing
08-05-2015, 06:14 PM
this brings up a great question RL-related

if a woman has been camping a baby in her belly for 9 months
but her doctor gets FTE

to whom does the baby truly belong??? questions mattter

Lojik
08-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Velious solves all content problems

indiscriminate_hater
08-05-2015, 06:57 PM

symptoms of a person whose general views of life and the world are inflexible

captnamazing
08-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Velious solves all content problems

laughed out loud

Hijiri
08-05-2015, 08:53 PM

LOL what a tool. Hey nancy, it's never been a list. Stop asking the server staff to hold your hand

Zinyen
08-06-2015, 01:04 AM

wonder what that list looks like. lol

webrunner5
08-06-2015, 04:17 AM
If I had been sitting, camping Stromfeather for like 30 hours, and some douche came along and killed it under my nose, I would track them down in RL and cut their Johnson off. :mad: Piss on your FTE shit. :eek: