PDA

View Full Version : Harsh Battering & Harassment

Kesselring
08-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Tonight I was in east commonlands asking people for any support at all they could give me because of my situation. I told them I was just bed-side with my mother for 8 months because she had a stroke and then found a malignant tumor in her breasts. Right now she is doing okay for those wondering. So when I shout this in ECommons the response I get is nothing but harassement, people calling me a beggar, telling me to f*ck off (literally) and calling me a troll, now I know this is a video game but P99 server I remember there would never be this sort of harshness.

The worst part about it was everyone was against me too. I mean maybe 1 or 2 people said stop he even posted on forums hes not trolling but people wouldn't let up. So for asking people for support (in the form of kind words, friendship, maybe a community I could've joined) I was shunned and called a beggar. There were a few people who even offered me items & money to which I refused right away and said "that post is not asking for money, its asking for humanity".

Now I know this is the internet and I'm in no way letting this get to me but when did the community become like this? I know individuals don't speak for the whole but people just sat there watching me get harassed by everyone in OCC.

Thanks for all those who PMed me and didnt make it a public matter by trying to break me down in OCC, and for their kind words it really made my night. I hope I can get my corpse back soon! :)

wormed
08-05-2015, 10:55 PM
:rolleyes:

Rararboker
08-05-2015, 10:57 PM
You seem lost.

Kesselring
08-05-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm not lost, I had a problem, came back to the server. I asked people how to fix the problem and they were overly nice about how to do it. Then I come to ecommons to wait for a GM to respond and in the mean time since I have no IRL friends I ask people if they could offer me a kind word or support. Never did I say money or gear, I even turned down like 3 people who did offer saying "I don't want gear or money" EXCEPT one guy who would not let me refuse, but fact is I don't even need it, it was just the guys way of offering support because maybe he didn't know what to say or how to convey his sympathies.

I'm not looking for attention I just want to know why the server turned into a cesspool who says "troll" at everything when this actually happened to someone and to be called a troll is actually pretty offending. I don't know why those people said those words instead of just ignoring and they claimed it was because I was "flooding OOC in a trade zone". Well sorry that the trade zone has the highest amount of players in it, and sorry that scrolling is so much of an issue for you. All I was asking for was support which humans need from time to time. And still people are gonna "roll their eyes" at me. I honestly don't care because you're being nothing but toxic af.

Mojo24
08-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Hey man, I know where you're coming from as my mother is about to start six months of chemotherapy.

That being said when you ask for support in EC and tell that story many people will see it as a sob story asking for handouts. It's P99 the vast majority of people that play here have the mindset of an adolescent child.

Best keep your personal life personal, and if you do need outside support there are cancer group meetings that you can attend AFAIK.

Barkingturtle
08-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Have you considered Red?

It's basically one big support group for men.

captnamazing
08-06-2015, 12:03 AM
This is a rant. This should be posted in the Rants & Flames section of project1999.com/forums

I don't know what story you were telling or asking for help with, but EC is filled with trolls and bored people looking for a laugh. I would suggest at a personal level it is not always best to lead with your painful story, as it evokes equal parts sympathy and distrust in a wide audience.

Good day, sir.

jsre2
08-06-2015, 12:06 AM
I told them I was just bed-side with my mother for 8 months because she had a stroke and then found a malignant tumor in her breasts. Right now she is doing okay for those wondering.

Earlier this month.. http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204897

I had to fly all the way out to the west coast to help take care and show my moral & physical support, and of course over beyond emotional support for her. I was there by her side for 6 months until she passed and then had to take care of all the legal proceedings and she put me in successor to her will and didn't went a lawyer in the middle of it (I am a fair guy and my family knows so). It was such an emtional time during the funeral, and we had lost our dog not even 7 months before she had passsed, and it was truly her best companion and loved by all the family.

Barkingturtle
08-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Now I have to wonder if he ever even had a dog.

Quientus
08-06-2015, 12:24 AM
I am confused /boggle

So which is it ?

jarshale
08-06-2015, 12:25 AM
You wanted to chat with jaded tunnel rats about your mothers cancer?

Troxx
08-06-2015, 12:33 AM
They found breast cancer in your dead mother? Your mother, who died from a stroke, has malignant breast cancer? Your dead mother ... whose will you arbitrated ... is dead ... but now she's doing ok? And you want in game support?

Wait, what?

milsorgen
08-06-2015, 12:33 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/g57vtCnpnEuYM/giphy.gif

Chai
08-06-2015, 12:36 AM
AH hah.

I thought it was super over-sharing to the point of being unsettling to hear these graphic details in OOC in GFay tonight from this guy, but jsre2s sleuthing pretty much answers the questions I had.

Thulghor
08-06-2015, 12:38 AM
You're not going to get any sympathy here, sadly. This server is dark and full of terrors.

Thulack
08-06-2015, 01:00 AM
Now I have to wonder if he ever even had a dog.

The dog had cancer. People in EC kicked it and it died.

Riotgirl
08-06-2015, 02:00 AM
OP, there is a large degree of sarcasm and cynicism on P99, and not just due to the autism of nerds (us included ;)) playing a 16 year old game, when there are gems such as a camp dispute where the petitioner had a family emergency yet his non-playing girlfriend logged on his character to hold (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203590) the camp :rolleyes:

/OOC is not the best medium to over-share, and /OOC in EC was never going to get anything other than the response that you received. If players are prepared to RMT, swap pixels for drugs, wedding gifts for pixels, and ask partners to log on and hold camp during a family emergency, then you start to appreciate the high level of sarcasm and cynicism exhibited by some players.

There are people willing to lend an ear on the 'net, even on EQ. However, /OOC in EC was never going to end well.

Arkanjil
08-06-2015, 02:04 AM

Woow....what are you pulling here OP? Want some RL money for your fake troubles?

Riotgirl
08-06-2015, 02:07 AM

^ My response posted before I read the above thread. Perhaps players in EC remember reading this thread :confused:

blondeattk
08-06-2015, 04:22 AM
your issues have nothing to do with norrath. spam your woes elsewhere.

if you want to beg for sympathy, go find a local church.

Monty405
08-06-2015, 07:27 AM
I only post high quality posts in high quality threads.

McBenz
08-06-2015, 07:58 AM
You'd bring in the money on twitch or any of those other crooked donation sites. Since you have no conscience, go for it!

Ranndom
08-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Tonight I was in east commonlands asking people for any support at all they could give me because of my situation. I told them I was just bed-side with my mother for 8 months because she had a stroke and then found a malignant tumor in her breasts. Right now she is doing okay for those wondering. So when I shout this in ECommons the response I get is nothing but harassement, people calling me a beggar, telling me to f*ck off (literally) and calling me a troll, now I know this is a video game but P99 server I remember there would never be this sort of harshness.

The worst part about it was everyone was against me too. I mean maybe 1 or 2 people said stop he even posted on forums hes not trolling but people wouldn't let up. So for asking people for support (in the form of kind words, friendship, maybe a community I could've joined) I was shunned and called a beggar. There were a few people who even offered me items & money to which I refused right away and said "that post is not asking for money, its asking for humanity".

Now I know this is the internet and I'm in no way letting this get to me but when did the community become like this? I know individuals don't speak for the whole but people just sat there watching me get harassed by everyone in OCC.

Thanks for all those who PMed me and didnt make it a public matter by trying to break me down in OCC, and for their kind words it really made my night. I hope I can get my corpse back soon! :)
You ask for help, you get offered help, you deny the help.....i'm sorry what exactly is the problem here?

Portasaurus
08-06-2015, 08:19 AM
You asked for humanity.

Sounds like you got exactly what you were looking for!

A bunch of humans acting like, well, humans.

??? are you surprised?

Ranndom
08-06-2015, 08:35 AM
You asked for humanity.

Sounds like you got exactly what you were looking for!

A bunch of humans acting like, well, humans.

??? are you surprised?

I think the only way to get free stuff in EQ would be to claim your returning from rehab to get back your old EQ addiction because Rehabs internet was too slow to play EQ...And for some icing on the cake, you originally went to rehab for your EQ addiction.

Zoesha
08-06-2015, 08:47 AM
This is a rant. This should be posted in the Rants & Flames section of project1999.com/forums

Good day, sir.

^

Tenlaar
08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
I'm not looking for attention

http://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Nothing+but+an+attention+whore+_6be91a9c98349486ff ea84fd8eda7a7a.gif

myriverse
08-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Hey... it's possible he's got two moms.

Still... dbaggery to beg for elf pixels because of a mom's illness, especially if it's a lie.

Shrubwise
08-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Lol THREAD GOLD

zanderklocke
08-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Voted 5 stars.

Swish
08-06-2015, 09:51 AM
is Sikorsky dead?

DevGrousis
08-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Have you considered Red?

It's basically one big support group for men.

this

Lamil
08-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Where did he go?! I need more elf welfare/mom cancer stories to make me feel better while i sit at work.

Tiewon Shu
08-06-2015, 10:17 AM
The OP has left the building. Probably to find a new mom to exploit.

B4EQWASCOOL
08-06-2015, 10:21 AM
What a fucking piece of shit.

Shrubwise
08-06-2015, 10:40 AM
You're right. He could have two moms.
Mom #1 has cancer.
Mom #2 ded.
Dog #1 ded.

Can't wait to hear how dog #2 got hit by a car, quadruple amputee and you need EQ items to help pay the vet bills. Thread also voted 5 stars. Keep the story going!

ObooReturns
08-06-2015, 11:00 AM
thread delivers

PDX0621
08-06-2015, 11:01 AM
I heard somewhere that Fungi tunic actually reverses cancer.

Loke
08-06-2015, 11:18 AM

OP, dick heads like you who make up sob stories on the internet are exactly why people default to skepticism when confronted with situations like this. You're essentially complaining about an atmosphere of mistrust online that you and people like you are responsible for creating.

Additionally, expecting strangers to share the burden of your misfortune is ridiculous. Accepting the unsolicited kindness of strangers is one thing, but expecting it is quite another.

And finally, as tragic as a loss of a parent is, it happens to literally almost everyone. That doesnt mean you arent deserving of sympathy (assuming it is even true), but it also doesnt make you the victim of some exceptional and horrible tragedy. Getting support and talking it out is good, but know your audience. There are literally hundreds of places you can go online and receive support from strangers who are there specifically to give support to people dealing with emotional trauma - p99 is not one of those places.

Maybe if you werent such an emotionally manipulative douche who tries to solicit sympathy from random people you'd have some people in your life who would be willing to talk this out with you.

Kutsumo
08-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Has to be a troll. Saw this gem in another thread.

We should be able to run trains too, I remember back playing live I would run trains on newbies all the time and GM's would come over because the newbies would petition and they'd sit there and laugh with me and be like "this is actually the best game mechanic ever" and one time a GM egged me on to train a party because they were being dicks when we petitioned saying so. He showed up and said "well just train that party, they'll wipe and prolly not come back due to extreme frustration".

The live GM's were all players too, but they never told anybody which players they were, it was good times back on EQ Live.

curtischoy
08-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Confirmed zombie.

joppykid
08-06-2015, 01:47 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAPPaQzWNElF7CIkwJ0DbekwNzsuTTs PV0mMLviB9s03RzxJB5Mw

Portasaurus
08-06-2015, 01:48 PM
woah

this user was banned
08-06-2015, 02:10 PM

Anyone else not seeing the continuity here? OP never mentioned missing a corpse. Am I missing something or is OP a troll? Or is this a hint about the first dead mother?!

milsorgen
08-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Anyone else not seeing the continuity here? OP never mentioned missing a corpse. Am I missing something or is OP a troll? Or is this a hint about the first dead mother?!

I think it has something to do with this post:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204897

Kesselring
08-06-2015, 09:52 PM
I was a bit emotionally unstable when I originally wrote the post. Once again I never asked for items I just wanted someone to talk to, a community. I wanted a guild. I needed to be around people.

My mother had a stroke which she almost died, and during that they ran cat-scans and found a malignant tumor in her chest. She was treated in hospital for 5 months, let go and she has to get checked up twice a week. I stayed with her for 3 months at her house setting everything up and helping her with whatever.

I admit I was very emotional and I don't know why I said she died but I was by her bed and I had the funeral (that it was coming and it was inevitable on my mind A LOT). I must've alrady thought in my mind she was gone and I had already lost her... and honestly part of that is true. I still pray for her everyday that she may not suffer, that she gets through it (it's not going into remission but she is getting better), and that she lives a peaceful day, day by day.

I can't believe this all went from "hey guys I've come back to the server & community, I had a bit of bad news but I was looking to see if anybody would offer support as in talk to me or accept me into their click. Instead people automatically assumed I wanted items and money and everything in the sky.

Some nice guuy which his name will remain anonymous came up to me and said "hey man, I'm a lawyer and honestly I've heard a lot of bullshit in my time but I'm almost 100% you are telling the truth". He tried to give me an item, I declined, he did give me some money for travel for later. He took me back to cab so I could check my bank to see if I had anything in there and I even did a transfer for him from one char to another and he blindly trusted me.... because guess what... I was telling the truth.

Sorry but it really sucks to be the people who doubted me, not only did you insult someone who has breast cancer, but you insulted a fellow EQ member who is just a regular EQ player, not a scammer or a thief or train maker. Hell way back during live I used to do ports for free. So I don't see why you guys all want to gang up against me and think that your opinion that I am fishy must be true because its YOUR opinion. LMAO. Your opinion is just that... an opinion.

Thanks to all who helped and to all those who ddin't thanks for making me realize what some of the people on this server are like.

Wfrench1234
08-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Op is a turd burgling scum sucker who should take a job as a professional speed bump

jarshale
08-06-2015, 10:07 PM
This is the shadiest shit I've read in a while.

captnamazing
08-06-2015, 10:08 PM
someone add this to the compilation of backfire threads please and thank you!

Kender
08-06-2015, 10:19 PM
saying a lawyer believes you are telling the truth lol. 100% troll

Modus
08-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Any chance of a pic of your mom's tumor ?

Just like any reddit AMA, we need proof.. then I'll offer support..

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-06-2015, 10:42 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/63921329.jpg

Zulzephur - Tarew Marr
08-06-2015, 10:57 PM
So you lied and took his money.

Nicely done.

Lojik
08-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Forum handle is the name of a Nazi convicted of war crimes, dafuq you guys expect

Troxx
08-07-2015, 12:53 AM
Forum handle is the name of a Nazi convicted of war crimes, dafuq you guys expect

Thulghor
08-07-2015, 12:55 AM
This should be moved to rants and flames.

jcr4990
08-07-2015, 01:13 AM
This is one of the best threads I've seen in a while

8/10

Daldolma
08-07-2015, 05:21 AM
poor woman came back from the dead and got cancer and none of you even care

p99 community so jaded

Portasaurus
08-07-2015, 08:32 AM
poor woman came back from the dead

zombie mom!

Lamil
08-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Keeps getting better!

curtischoy
08-07-2015, 10:33 AM
poor woman came back from the dead and got cancer and none of you even care

p99 community so jaded

lol

Lagaidh
08-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Now this is old-school P99 forum entertainment right here.

unsunghero
08-07-2015, 01:03 PM
You can set up a Gofundme, I hear scamming with fake family ailments in Gofundme is all the raze these days