PDA

View Full Version : ToV West Wing Farming Groups/Raids?

zanderklocke
08-06-2015, 10:10 AM
I've decided to play Velious super casually due to busy real life and not experiencing Velious on Live, and I thought it would be fun to quest all the class armor.

Based on faction rewards, it seems like Kael faction makes the least sense to have unless you are turning in Yelinak or Dain's head...which I obviously won't be.

Therefore, I thought it would make the most sense to do Kael Armor quests first and then trash that faction afterwards. However, it appears like no farming groups are going on in West ToV? I was in the zone during prime time, and there was only one other person in the zone. Do you see individual groups farming or more raids farming in the future?

Also, anyone know if you only need Storm Giant faction to do the bard quests in Kael?

Ele
08-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I've decided to play Velious super casually due to busy real life and not experiencing Velious on Live, and I thought it would be fun to quest all the class armor.

Based on faction rewards, it seems like Kael faction makes the least sense to have unless you are turning in Yelinak or Dain's head...which I obviously won't be.

Therefore, I thought it would make the most sense to do Kael Armor quests first and then trash that faction afterwards. However, it appears like no farming groups are going on in West ToV? I was in the zone during prime time, and there was only one other person in the zone. Do you see individual groups farming or more raids farming in the future?

Also, anyone know if you only need Storm Giant faction to do the bard quests in Kael?

quest givers are on zek, may have to pass by some tormax faction guys to get to them though

Daldaen
08-06-2015, 10:28 AM
It's still early, most people are not even close to Ally faction to turn in quest pieces.

Wait a few months and guilds will begin to raid WToV or HoT. That being said... I wouldn't get too hopeful on an open raid doing WToV or a guild letting you roll on Plate (the most contested armor).

Either you will need to lead the raids yourself, get a group of friends to do it or a guild, buy the MQs or settle on Coldain Armor.

zanderklocke
08-06-2015, 10:34 AM
It's still early, most people are not even close to Ally faction to turn in quest pieces.

Wait a few months and guilds will begin to raid WToV or HoT. That being said... I wouldn't get too hopeful on an open raid doing WToV or a guild letting you roll on Plate (the most contested armor).

Either you will need to lead the raids yourself, get a group of friends to do it or a guild, buy the MQs or settle on Coldain Armor.

What's the respawn rate on West ToV mobs? Is it like the planes, or is it more of a place where you can constantly farm 24/7?

Ele
08-06-2015, 10:44 AM
What's the respawn rate on West ToV mobs? Is it like the planes, or is it more of a place where you can constantly farm 24/7?

I don't remember the exact times, but on live East Wing was fast enough to leave farm groups going all day. This Monkly Biz guide (http://www.monkly-business.net/index.php?pageid=Halls) says 74 minutes for East Wing.

This Monkly Biz guide (http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-8690.html)says 84 minutes on West wing and entry hallway trash.

Daldaen
08-06-2015, 11:01 AM
72min on most WToV and EToV trash.

Can be farmed 24/7, one guild cannot clear an entire wing due to HPs on mobs before respawns start. Two guilds could concurrently raid each wing and be unlikely to run out of mobs before respawns happen.

zel
08-06-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm gonna hit you up in game, I've been looking to start about 2 groups to farm WToV.

List the best chars to hit you up on.

zanderklocke
08-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Zanderr <- If I'm on, it's usually after 9:00 PM CST or on a day I have off.

I bet some A-Team people would come farm too.

RedXIII
08-06-2015, 03:00 PM
If i am not raiding on <Rampage> id come.

Henrique, 60 monk.

Badwar
08-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Badwar (60 War)
Or
Meow (60 Cleric)

+

Sorete (59 Enc)

Are down for this :-) Hi Zander

Thulghor
08-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Man, if only I was 11 levels higher and better geared. This sounds both fun and rad.

Amargura
08-07-2015, 11:41 AM
I would gladly go have some fun there 58 sham or 55 cleric (Amargura - Plata)