PDA

View Full Version : Why do people claim Server Policy doesn't apply?

ezri
08-07-2015, 06:01 AM
2. You must comply with arbitration for contested spawns.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders cleared. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. It should also be noted that if you camp out or leave the zone, you have forfeited a camp. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Can a GM please tell my why this does not apply to Garadain Glacierbane - which is HIGHLY CONTESTED.

These two points stand out.

if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it.
It should also be noted that if you camp out or leave the zone, you have forfeited a camp.

And why people who set a timer, go off and do other things, often in other zones, say they have a claim over someone who stayed and camped the spawn? Why does the server policy not apply?

Sallan
08-07-2015, 06:26 AM
I'm guessing you are rreferring to Gloradin (8th ring) not Garadain. Since she's a static spawn, static timer, camp rules should apply to give you first right to turn in and initiate the quest as long as you keep presence at the spot. That's my understanding

ezri
08-07-2015, 06:38 AM
I'm guessing you are rreferring to Gloradin (8th ring) not Garadain. Since she's a static spawn, static timer, camp rules should apply to give you first right to turn in and initiate the quest as long as you keep presence at the spot. That's my understanding
2nd ring but yes same thing.

Class-C guilds show up and say that the FFA dragon/raid mob rules apply and that it cannot be camped and that the GMs have logged in and backed them up on this

dnatabar
08-07-2015, 06:42 AM
Well, most Class-C guilds are full of shit.
Wether or not they are this time, i dont know.

But the server policy is against what they say, but that doesnt mean a GM havent backed them up on it.

Also, you can always ignore their claims, because the server policy backs you up.
And no matter what they say a GM have told them, is irelevant, as a GM havent told you.

Efwan
08-07-2015, 06:42 AM
It doesn't apply to me so I don't know

Sallan
08-07-2015, 06:48 AM
2nd ring but yes same thing.

Class-C guilds show up and say that the FFA dragon/raid mob rules apply and that it cannot be camped and that the GMs have logged in and backed them up on this

Yeah that shouldn't be the case. My experiences so far have been camp and queues for these npcs have been followed and respected because those are the rules

Sallan
08-07-2015, 06:31 PM
bump. Would like some others to feedback and comment on these coldain ring npc's. Since they are static timers and static spawn spots, people have been camping and queueing for them that I'm aware. Is that the general consensus?