PDA

View Full Version : Drop Transfer Story, lesson...uhh, Thing.

Ranndom
08-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Had a guy in FoB surprise me as i was logging onto the receiving char of a drop transfer earlier. He ended up picking up the 3 items, 2 Wu's fighting pieces and yellow headband.
My initial message was "really now" as i was kind of startled/annoyed that someone managed to pop into the spot at the worst possible time for me. He was a cool dude though, returned the items, and i gave him the 5 stacks of bone chips i had on me. Noticed he was level 3 nec(also seemed like someone completely new to p99) so i gave him the info about Trooper Mozo so he could get off that horrible level in FoB and where he could pick up some bristle silk armor.
When it comes down to it, i cant thank the guy enough. You don't find many selfless people around anymore, at least not in the real world...Err fake world, EQ is the only real world.

captnamazing
08-08-2015, 05:52 PM
good lesson

Swish
08-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Don't do drop transfers near the bank or popular vendors. Find a quiet building nobody ever goes in :p

Ranndom
08-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Don't do drop transfers near the bank or popular vendors. Find a quiet building nobody ever goes in :p

Well up until now i always used the ruins next to noob ramp...20+ transfers without a bump...lol

gekkonidae
08-08-2015, 08:13 PM
a year ago i found a twink monk wearing a fungi sitting afk near Cab with a little baggy under his feet. turned out it was a hardened clay bracelet. i typed in "i think you dropped something" then linked the item. his character moved then asked if he could have it back, so i did. he didnt even say thanks. pffffft.

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Was he guilded? Sounds like a Taken thing.

gekkonidae
08-08-2015, 08:16 PM
i dont remember

Joyelle
08-08-2015, 08:21 PM

really? fuck you.

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:22 PM
really? fuck you.

Sounds like a Taken thing.

http://i.imgur.com/959nS8h.gif

Joyelle
08-08-2015, 08:22 PM
go back to red

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:25 PM
really? fuck you.

http://www.takenguild.com/charter-and-policies/

Rules that MUST be followed

3. No abusiveness, meanness, vulgarity, or cussing at anyone, especially guildies.

5. Avoid posting in the Rants, Flames, and NSFW on the Project 1999 forum if possible. If you must post there, do not attack other players or guilds or contribute to flame wars and trolls against other people. It reflects poorly upon the guild (and can result in your removal from the guild). If you must participate in such things, use an anonymous account with no ties to Taken.

Who do I speak to, is Daldaen an officer?

Joyelle
08-08-2015, 08:27 PM
no he isn't but feel free

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:29 PM
You sound confident that nothing should be done. Is it time to shred the Taken charter of values?

Sorry for the derail, OP :(

indiscriminate_hater
really? fuck you.

typical Taken community poisoning

Joyelle
whatever.

It's too bad I have no code of conduct to quote for you because you obviously have none. RnF is a few forums below this.

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:36 PM
I'm not the one with the bad language. If you want to rant, do it there.

Joyelle
08-08-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm not the one with the bad language. If you want to rant, do it there.

seems like you already started, let's finish it

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:40 PM
http://www.transcendencegaming.org/forums/showthread.php?23835-Hello-Taken-friends-a-sad-matter-for-your-attention&p=191450#post191450

I'll leave it in your officer's hands. I don't feel the need to further clog up this thread with any tit for tat.

Personally my experiences of drop transfers have been very good (or very lucky to put it another way). In Gfay I always used to run behind a tree nearish a wall to drop a bag or two.

The best thing to do if you're guilded is ask a guildie to make a level 1 character in whichever city you're nearest and do the transfer with him. Super safe, and no chance of losing your items.

Joyelle
08-08-2015, 08:45 PM
http://www.transcendencegaming.org/forums/showthread.php?23835-Hello-Taken-friends-a-sad-matter-for-your-attention&p=191450#post191450

I'll leave it in your officer's hands. I don't feel the need to further clog up this thread with any tit for tat.

thanks for your input!

indiscriminate_hater
08-08-2015, 08:45 PM

Personally my experiences of drop transfers have been very good (or very lucky to put it another way). In Gfay I always used to run behind a tree nearish a wall to drop a bag or two.

The best thing to do if you're guilded is ask a guildie to make a level 1 character in whichever city you're nearest and do the transfer with him. Super safe, and no chance of losing your items.

lol, first response to Swish's message: "go eat a dick swish"

typical lack of class from Taken members

-Catherin-
08-08-2015, 08:49 PM
If you are going to namedrop an entire guild with no provocation, in a thread that has nothing to do with that guild then...

Yeah, fuck you too. :p

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:52 PM
lol, first response to Swish's message: "go eat a dick swish"

typical lack of class from Taken members

They're really selling the guild to me here.

If you are going to namedrop an entire guild with no provocation, in a thread that has nothing to do with that guild then...

Yeah, fuck you. :p

How come you never got banned for using third party programs? Shall we dig that thread up again?

...and after I let you loot a Light Burlap Sack in Lower Guk 18 months or so ago. I thought you had some class.

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Apologies again to the OP, I tried to steer this thread back on topic.

-Catherin-
08-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Because im untouchable. See, I can twist the facts too.

Have a nice evening!

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Nice edit rofl

Joyelle
08-08-2015, 08:59 PM
If this was on red we could just kill each other.. too bad for me.

indiscriminate_hater
08-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Because im untouchable. See, I can twist the facts too.

Have a nice evening!

you can twist your voice, too

Maelstrom
08-08-2015, 09:23 PM
My favorite drop xfer spot in FoB: There is a hill to the far left of WW zone (by the shore) that looks inaccessible to most players and is obscured in view. It's perfect.

If nervous about that, zone into EJ, check how many are in zone (usually near empty) and move a bit along the wall and drop there. One in a thousand chance any random player will even be up on the upper level portion of the zone there.

I just did this recently myself to get my SK some of those Velious 65+ HP rings for CoM.

4WOFURY
08-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Lmao. There are some really jealous and insecure people in the world...

jarshale
08-08-2015, 09:59 PM
I do my Cab drop transfers in the warrior guild. It's big and mazey and no one really plays iksar warriors anyway.

Lojik
08-08-2015, 10:52 PM

Yes the bracelet was taken, but given back...not sure why this comment stirred bad blood?

Nooxy
08-09-2015, 03:39 AM
Hey, I am that necromancer that gave you your items back. Thank you for those shard stacks I really appreciated that extra level.
I am completely new to the game by the way, Im considering re-rolling the Iksar into something less challenging for a new player to settle into. I ended up finding the gear trader across from the monks guild you sent me to.

Thanks for the help!
-Nooxy :cool:

Nooxy
08-09-2015, 03:46 AM
Had a guy in FoB surprise me as i was logging onto the receiving char of a drop transfer earlier. He ended up picking up the 3 items, 2 Wu's fighting pieces and yellow headband.

That necromancer was me!

I was that Iksar necromancer that picked up your loot on that staircase in the random building northwest of the gate point. I don't want you to get the impression that I am the odd few that would give you your things back... Instead i'd like to think I am just a normal person who, when someone wants their things back in a game, there is no discussion to be had about it.

P.S.
I found that trader across from the monks guild that you told me to go to,
Thanks for the help.
-Nooxy :cool:

Uuruk
08-09-2015, 03:52 AM

Yeah, fuck you too. :p

Catherin Killin it with the autofire response. Pras cheaters

4WOFURY
08-09-2015, 03:58 AM
Yes the bracelet was taken, but given back...not sure why this comment stirred bad blood?

There's some really interesting people playing a 16 year old elf emulator.

shimonuh
08-09-2015, 04:04 AM
If this was on red we could just kill each other.. too bad for me.

Come on over

Swish
08-09-2015, 04:09 AM
Catherin Killin it with the autofire response. Pras cheaters

You should have seen the pre-edit :rolleyes:

Ranndom
08-09-2015, 04:12 AM
Apologies again to the OP, I tried to steer this thread back on topic.

Well its hard to control Mr and Mrs sensitive :P