PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new desk top

kvlt
08-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Hey my machine crashed the other day so now I"m in the market to buy a new one. I have had issues running a EQ emulator on a different machine (player/npc models would morph and expand, really trippy bugs would occur, client would crash, ect.) so I want to be sure the new desk top i purchase can still run EQ.

Can any of you out there provide some info on the machine you use to run p99? I'm curious to know how it has been working out for you, maybe one could provide a few suggestions as to what to I should buy...

I appreciate the help, thanks.

pharmakos
08-09-2015, 01:25 PM
i recommend purchasing a used 15-year-old Compaq desktop with CRT monitor.

for the truly classic experience.

Ranndom
08-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Hey my machine crashed the other day so now I"m in the market to buy a new one. I have had issues running a EQ emulator on a different machine (player/npc models would morph and expand, really trippy bugs would occur, client would crash, ect.) so I want to be sure the new desk top i purchase can still run EQ.

Can any of you out there provide some info on the machine you use to run p99? I'm curious to know how it has been working out for you, maybe one could provide a few suggestions as to what to I should buy...

I appreciate the help, thanks.
What kind of budget are you looking at?
Me personally, id say if under 500, look at prebuilt, over 500 check into building one yourself

Thulack
08-09-2015, 03:14 PM
i'm sure some of those $179 deals i see on newegg for desktops could easily run EQ.

pharmakos
08-09-2015, 03:56 PM
i run P99 on a $179 refurbished laptop that i bought from bestbuy.com

actually a pretty badass laptop for the price.