PDA

View Full Version : Siren's Grotto

Shizgnat
08-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Is charm soloing in this zone viable? It seems too densely packed with 50+ mobs for any chance of anything going smoothly with less than a few people. I'd like to work on getting a Neriad Shawl.

Tecmos Deception
08-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Is charm soloing in this zone viable? It seems too densely packed with 50+ mobs for any chance of anything going smoothly with less than a few people. I'd like to work on getting a Neriad Shawl.

Summons in and of themselves shouldn't be a problem for a good chanter. Much of seb and hs and chardok are full of summoners after all, and chanters solod those zones all through Kunatk.

From my experience on beta, the issue with SG is huge MR and very high (55+) levels.

mr_jon3s
08-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Enchanters really shouldn't be soloing in Velious. You can but its way more effective in Velious to duo with a Shaman.

Daldaen
08-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Summons in and of themselves shouldn't be a problem for a good chanter. Much of seb and hs and chardok are full of summoners after all, and chanters solod those zones all through Kunatk.

From my experience on beta, the issue with SG is huge MR and very high (55+) levels.

Summons are quite a substantial problem underwater with push and stun immune mobs. Enchanters get decimitated solo on charm breaks.

Swish
08-12-2015, 11:09 AM
It's a problem for landing any spells, the push from a mob is going to cancel 90% of your casts if you're getting hit.

Man0warr
08-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Didn't they nerf Siren's Grotto very early after launch? I feel like the SG we have now is still the original version.

Meanwhile, we got the updated version of Velketor's at launch when we shouldn't have. Originally all the spiders are green to 60 and had a nasty poison that kept anyone in their level range from actually grouping there.

Ciroco
08-12-2015, 12:32 PM
2 months in SG was nerfed, yes. So by the time the big hybrid spell patch goes in, it should be easier.

Swish
08-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Meanwhile, we got the updated version of Velketor's at launch when we shouldn't have. Originally all the spiders are green to 60 and had a nasty poison that kept anyone in their level range from actually grouping there.

Find me a tank that doesn't have some PR gear in their bags after so long in Kunark doing raids etc. I don't think the difference would have been too noticeable.

Pokesan
08-12-2015, 12:58 PM
but are we allowed to ghetto succor in SG?

Ele
08-12-2015, 12:59 PM
but are we allowed to ghetto succor in SG?

No. The zone geometry and the differences between the original client and the Titanium client wall collision mechanics does not allow for the corner camping to safe spot travel in SG.

xarzzardorn
08-12-2015, 01:03 PM
sounds egregiously unclassic to me

Doors
08-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Wouldn't hold my breath on the devs making anything easier here given the fact EQ is 16 years old and everyone knows everything about the game by now.

Luclin flurry drakes still roaming NToV even though we've provided concrete evidence they shouldn't be in the game.

Spyder73
08-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Asgard did some gem farming in the Helsia area yesterday....if was rough was 3 full groups...I can't even imagine solo or duoing the Neriad mermaids...they spawn in a fucked up spot that's hard to get to and the area is full of aoe Ice Servants and Enthralld's...we were killing a lot of spawn points, but SG w/o a full group seems like a death sentence because of damage/high Hp's and caster aoe

Man0warr
08-12-2015, 01:55 PM
The only thing that makes SG hard (as in 1 groupable) right now is the Icy Servants which are basically mini dragons - those were nerfed pretty quickly on.

Find me a tank that doesn't have some PR gear in their bags after so long in Kunark doing raids etc. I don't think the difference would have been too noticeable.

No tanks in the level range of the spiders (they were like level 30ish) had poison resist. Hell maybe priests in that level range couldn't cure it effectively.

Wouldn't hold my breath on the devs making anything easier here given the fact EQ is 16 years old and everyone knows everything about the game by now.

Luclin flurry drakes still roaming NToV even though we've provided concrete evidence they shouldn't be in the game.

Give Nilbog enough proof and he will change it.

Doors
08-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Give Nilbog enough proof and he will change it.

We already did and Alunova told us to basically eat shit when he was in ntov watching us.

Man0warr
08-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah well Alunova isn't the boss.

nyclin
08-12-2015, 02:07 PM
We already did and Alunova told us to basically eat shit when he was in ntov watching us.

have you donated recently?

curtischoy
08-12-2015, 02:15 PM
^ That should not be a factor.