PDA

View Full Version : Where are my EQ music files? I cant hear music on p99

Herp
08-12-2015, 09:19 PM
I want to hear EQ music in-game, and the only zone where I hear music is Neriak or Nektulos.

Here is my EQ directory, sorted by file type. It shows only 70 mp3 files, almost all are from later expansions.

http://i.imgur.com/1T72kYr.png

I just want to hear music. I didnt delete anything in my Titanium install.

Thanks

Casey VII
08-12-2015, 10:07 PM
see if music is turned on via your in game options menu (alt o)

also open up eqclient with notepad and see if music is turned on

Herp
08-13-2015, 07:07 PM
like I mentioned I hear it in some zones, nektulus, lavastorm etc where a .mp3 file exists. If there's no .MP3 of the zone in my main directory, it isnt playing music.

utenan
08-13-2015, 10:01 PM
I've always wondered wher the music files were. I know you have to delete the modern versions of the combat music, eq theme, the death music to hear the old versions. Can you hear the theme when you're logging in?

JackFlash
08-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Pretty sure the mp3 versions are the revamp stuff. Old eq music/sound was midi. My best guess is somehow midi playback is borked on your system.

utenan
08-13-2015, 10:48 PM
back on windows XP I had a setting in my audio software called " SW MIDI " and sometimes it would get turned off, and all it would effect was eq music... so maybe it's something like that then

razzulx
08-15-2015, 02:05 AM
The music in the game before they moved to MP3s are saved as .XMI files. I think they are a special EQ sound file you would need a special program to unpack and listen to them(I remember using a program called SSplayer.exe). Each file has 1-10+ sound tracks in them for the zone.

If you want to hear the old music files in the game I think you need the Environment Sounds turned on inside the General tab in the options menu. When I have this turned off , I do not hear any in game music.