PDA

View Full Version : Server First Ring 8 failure?

Oreznoclaf
08-15-2015, 01:45 AM
Am I the first person to lose progress on the Coldain Ring Quest? Anyways, I was foolish enough to attempt the ring war w/o a dedicated group of help because I have always seen people help the hand in person to kill Chief Ry'gorr, I got FTE on Gloradin Coldheart and got the quest to roll, but I died when I went to pull Chief Ry'gorr. At the end of it all, Divinity got the kill on the Chief and looted his head and the person has gone on to advance the quest. Lastly, I hope that this post reminds everyone that does attempt ring 8 to not be an idiot like me and to bring a force with you so you do not fail. It looks like I will be starting this quest over, and once again, gratz to whoever looted the head.

Herp
08-15-2015, 02:10 AM
Good guys at Divinity didnt rez you up and let you loot it?

Divinity is cutthroat. I wouldnt want my kids in that guild!

Sorn
08-15-2015, 02:21 AM
I've seen a couple fails complete with giants stampeding through the zone, so you're definitely not the first.

Lesson learned! Good luck.

4WOFURY
08-15-2015, 04:26 AM
I've seen a few too - def not the first!

Kowalski
08-15-2015, 07:34 AM
Grats !

wormed
08-22-2015, 04:15 PM
Good guys at Divinity didnt rez you up and let you loot it?

Divinity is cutthroat. I wouldnt want my kids in that guild!

That's too bad. Not very nice.

Pringles
08-22-2015, 04:21 PM
So divinity let you do the turn in then looted the reward? Doesnt seem right.

eadric
08-22-2015, 04:23 PM
I've seen people fail on multiple steps of the quest, being non 60 and trying to solo things they can't possibly solo, etc. The trigger mobs have considerable respawn times, which is probably why Divinity wasn't willing to help you and let you loot. The 8th ring is where you can lose all your progress though, and you have my condolences. Everyone should do their research and be realistic about their character's abilities before they attempt to solo any part of the ring quest, but much more so for the 8th ring event.

SamwiseRed
08-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Divinity sounds red. owned.

Troxx
08-22-2015, 04:51 PM
The only purpose of this thread seems to call out Divinity ... and I do not understand why. It's a snarky passive aggressive call out but a call out nonetheless.

Had divinity not been there would you have still tried it? If they hadn't been there and the encounter rotted would you have made a thread here? You shouldn't try to FTE encounters you aren't ready to finish. If the quest starters have a long re spawn time perhaps Divinity should be complaining about you nearly blowing a spawn timer? It sounds like you jumped a group of people prepared to help their guildmate ... and then expected them to do a chunk of the work for you ... after they'd already assembled to help their friend. If you had leapfrogged my friends after we had assembled a force to help a buddy ... I would have done the same thing. I would give you your fair shot at it and if you failed would have finished the encounter to save a blown timer. If you're not ready to engage and finish ... Don't "FTE" it.

If you didn't intend this to be a call out thread and genuinely wanted to warn others to be prepared, you should have left Divinity out of your post.

Thread belongs in RnF.

indiscriminate_hater
08-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Typical BDA

wormed
08-22-2015, 05:19 PM
The only purpose of this thread seems to call out Divinity ... and I do not understand why. It's a snarky passive aggressive call out but a call out nonetheless.

Had divinity not been there would you have still tried it? If they hadn't been there and the encounter rotted would you have made a thread here? You shouldn't try to FTE encounters you aren't ready to finish. If the quest starters have a long re spawn time perhaps Divinity should be complaining about you nearly blowing a spawn timer? It sounds like you jumped a group of people prepared to help their guildmate ... and then expected them to do a chunk of the work for you ... after they'd already assembled to help their friend. If you had leapfrogged my friends after we had assembled a force to help a buddy ... I would have done the same thing. I would give you your fair shot at it and if you failed would have finished the encounter to save a blown timer. If you're not ready to engage and finish ... Don't "FTE" it.

If you didn't intend this to be a call out thread and genuinely wanted to warn others to be prepared, you should have left Divinity out of your post.

Thread belongs in RnF.

:rolleyes:

Shjade
08-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Hang on: Chief Ry'gorr only spawns as part of a quest trigger?

...so a week or two back when I saw him and his elite buddies standing around looking lonely and killed him for the heck of it I messed somebody, somewhere, up?

>.>

<.<

Uh. Oops.

azeth
08-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Hang on: Chief Ry'gorr only spawns as part of a quest trigger?

...so a week or two back when I saw him and his elite buddies standing around looking lonely and killed him for the heck of it I messed somebody, somewhere, up?

>.>

<.<

Uh. Oops.

no. a separate chief rygorr spawn that is for the quest. the one inside the building has nothing to do with it.