PDA

View Full Version : Strange Bugs Maybe

Haliyen
08-15-2015, 05:16 AM
I dl'd the emu a couple weeks ago and noticed after a while pretty much every time I get this glitch where I will start rubberbanding all over the place if I just touch wasd to move. I can literally run from crushbone to kaladim in under 60s when this bug or whatever it is starts happening. Not that I'm complaining about that, but if I'm in a group and it starts doing it's thing I need to relog or else everything starts to not animate properly like this but much worse than this because I was just turning around when I took the recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imzyz3mzv6pgnjh/eq_1.mp4?dl=0

I've been looking for a similar problem and all I've found were graphical issues that sound similar which made me believe it might be a faulty GPU but I'm not having probs w other games. I recently played swtor and ME2&3 a little and neither have any problems running on med-high settings.

I've had issues with cards going and tearing and drivers and bad sticks but never anything that seemed to effect what I think would be a latency issue like this where I can teleport all over the zones in about 5 seconds. I've dl'd and ran memtest I've stress tested my card. messed with ports, though there only seems to be one for the login server. idk what else to try and test. Is this possibly server related or can anyone confirm it's definitely a hardware prob? Any suggestions?

Thulack
08-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Do you happen to be running a processor over 4.0ghz?

Haliyen
08-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Its an older dual core amd x2 at 3.4ghz.

Haliyen
08-25-2015, 11:00 AM
I'm about to give up. Few weeks now and I still can't run the game well. I've even tried installing on my laptop and this is almost too funny and I'm not kidding.. on desktop after about 20-40 mins I will speed across maps at lightning speed and on laptop, no this is not a joke, I will go at turtle speed literally.

I did a corpse run and I thought I had accidentally hit run/walk but no. It took about 30mins to get accross each zone. And also every animation, including the character login screen is all slow, very slow. Like someome set characterSpeed = 1 as funny as it is its also frustrating as hell cause I've never had this much trouble w a game before.

I'm at wits end here. Really wanted to get to max level on this thing, but the issues I've had w this emulator are making me want to just say screw it. I've spent more time troubleshooting this thing than actual game time now. Anyone help?

I was convinced it could have been a hardware issue on my end at first even though EQ was the only game giving me probs. But when it does something even more weird on a different machine too? No no something must be wrong w this distro of emulator, some greater outside force at work, or some silly setting I've overlooked on every single post and page I've scowered to look for fixes.

Sorn
08-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Check out this thread regarding dual/quad core issues with running the game. (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327) They list the symptoms you describe. I'd try some of those solutions first if they seem like they could work.

nilbog
08-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Its an older dual core amd x2 at 3.4ghz.

Use WinEQ2.0 or AMD dual core optimizer

Haliyen
08-25-2015, 02:13 PM
I'll try both suggestions later today. Thanks for the quick responses.

And yes I have amd optimizer installed I believe but will double check.