PDA

View Full Version : Geonid faction

FilthyBeaver
08-15-2015, 09:31 PM
Greetings all! Quick question on this item / faction

http://wiki.project1999.com/Phenocryst%27s_Focus

While that does look like an awesome item, from my research I have done if I lose the faction I can't make it back up. But I LOVE to farm geonids. Is that piece worth the faction to keep up for a few levels and try for it? Or just slaughter geonids and be happy? I'm a necro if that matters.
Thanks for any input!

Llodd
08-16-2015, 04:36 AM
The onyl way to raise the faction is by repeating the part of the quest where you hand in the stone to the geonid in CC. It gets trickier if you've trashed it to maybe impossible. You need to be indifferent for this part to work so if appre/dubious you can try opening trade window and have someone cast invis on you before clicking trade. If Kos have a chanter charm whilst you hand in. Repeat until amiable.

No idea if any of this works on p99. Some ppl talk about it here:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=931&p=1#comments

FilthyBeaver
08-16-2015, 06:18 PM
yeah but im wondering if that Item is even worth it? or should i just wreck geos for a few levels? :)

absol
08-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Its a really nice item. The only thing I can think of thats comparable (and reasonably attainable) is stein of moggok or hand of the reaper. I'm sure there are others.

Geonids drop gems and sure, thats nice. But you've done that before. You haven't done this quest before. I say do the quest!

gortimer
08-17-2015, 11:34 AM
i thought the ground spawn things in older kunark and classic zones were bugged. If they are, who knows when they will be fixed.

mefdinkins
08-17-2015, 11:52 AM
The quest works I did it. Can do it with one group of solid 60's. I did nothing to change faction before starting (+ or -) and finished amiable.

I think it's nice but there are a lot of side-grades (items better in diff. ways or worse than diff. ways but generally comparable.)

I didn't need a MH so I only am looking for OH's but if you're considering OH or MH it might be more valuable to you.

here are some comparable Items:
Insignia Protector - AC: 20 CHA: +5 WIS: +10 INT: +10 MANA: +20 SV FIRE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10; more ac, better resists for Vel +10Cr/Fr/Mr, more expensive (harder to get), looks cooler
Drachnyd Thixl - INT: +5 MANA: +40, SV MAGIC: +10; less int, more MR, less other resists/stats, easier to get (duoable or soloable if appropriate level), same graphic
Stein of Moggok - DEX: +5 INT: +10 HP: +10, SV DISEASE: +25; same int, less mana, less resists etc, sells for 100p.
Orb of the Infinite Void - AC: 35, WIS: +5 INT: +5 HP: +75 MANA: +75; way better AC/HP/Mana but prob. a little harder to get.

dafier
08-17-2015, 11:55 AM
I'll be working on doing this quest this week. I like the fact that it is primary and secondary.

Ele
08-17-2015, 12:01 PM
i thought the ground spawn things in older kunark and classic zones were bugged. If they are, who knows when they will be fixed.

Was fixed last week.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204988&highlight=velium+focus&page=2

FilthyBeaver
08-22-2015, 10:31 AM
Thanks everyone! I'll prolly slaughter terrors for a bit and keep my faction then work on the quest later :)