PDA

View Full Version : WTS Ornate Velium Pendant (prenerf, unlimited charges)

Pyrocat
08-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Unlimited casting of Alliance (ench only spell), stacks with bard song faction increase. Removed from game shortly after Velious release.

Taking offers in pm, trades considered.

Ella`Ella
08-18-2015, 02:33 PM
But still in game and a common drop off the short-respawning Councilors in Ice Well, right?

Pyrocat
08-18-2015, 02:39 PM
But still in game and a common drop off the short-respawning Councilors in Ice Well, right?

Still drops in game, but not for much longer. Gets replaced by a 4-charge version, but not retroactively nerfed so unlimited charges one will stay in game. Not a common drop, and the camp isn't exactly a walk in the park.

wormed
08-18-2015, 02:40 PM
If following classic should be in game for another 5 months.

Pyrocat
08-18-2015, 02:50 PM
It gets removed in the first patch. You're probably thinking of Elder Beads, which get removed ~6 months in.

Daldaen
08-18-2015, 03:43 PM
It gets removed in the first patch. You're probably thinking of Elder Beads, which get removed ~6 months in.

False.

First mention of the charges version is in April 2001, 4-5 months after launch. The timeline was set to switch from unlimited to charged around this date.

Should you have evidence suggesting otherwise post it in the bug forum. But from the assumptions made in beta this will be in 4-5 months.

zanderklocke
08-18-2015, 03:46 PM
stacks with bard song faction increase.

Daldaen you tested this right and got different result? Anyone else that can verify to determine if I want to buy this for Zanderr?

Daldaen
08-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Tested on beta.

Used faction song, conned Thurgadin guard
Used gnome to decrease faction, 1 hit at a time.
Wait until after a single faction decrease (Nilbog confirmed to be +/-50 Hits) I clicked neck and conned again.
Stayed at same faction level

If they stacked the 100 from alliance would've bumped me back up a tier but it didn't.

Now... Whether this worked because of bard stacking in classic like Lava Diamonds/Ragefire Arms/Tash Orb procs stacked... That's another matter. But on P99 with its code, I confirmed the song + clicky do NOT stack.

Pyrocat
08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Weird, I had multiple people tell me that they do stack. I will try and get with a bard in game and check tonight.

Daldaen
08-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Feel free to test yourself. This is a bit harder to test without the gnome faction tool vendors which allowed you to manually fine tune your faction so that you're in between faction levels.

But Zanderr's brought this up once or twice before and out of curiosity I tested it out on beta and found them to not stack when I tested using the method described above.

Regarding the removal date I don't doubt it was removed earlier than April, however that's the date they're working off because that's the only evidence that people have submitted thus far. All my typical sites pull up nothing regarding this nerf.

Pyrocat
08-18-2015, 04:14 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I was working off what I had been told by other people in game. I'll do some more research tonight.