PDA

View Full Version : Future plans to split the server?

Akito
08-18-2015, 06:42 PM
I'm just curious, is there any plan to create a second blue p1999 server? It seems there are more people than ever playing (which is awesome!) but it also means that everything is camped, and I've heard it only gets worse as you get to higher levels. I love p1999 and am grateful for everything the staff has done. Just wondering. :)

Thanks!

Swish
08-18-2015, 06:58 PM
If only half the people jumped Akito we can speculate that they might have done it. I think the reality is that the majority would all jump and leave the current one as a ghost town which the casuals wouldn't enjoy because suddenly they'd be forced to jump as well to be able to find groups again.

There's a Recycle progression server in the pipeline but don't expect it "soon". Also I heard of a Discord server they want to try before that.... 1-60 lawless permadeath pvp with full loot, sounds like a good time <3

myriverse
08-19-2015, 06:43 AM
I'm just curious, is there any plan to create a second blue p1999 server? It seems there are more people than ever playing (which is awesome!) but it also means that everything is camped, and I've heard it only gets worse as you get to higher levels. I love p1999 and am grateful for everything the staff has done. Just wondering. :)
There are not more people than ever playing.
Everything is not camped.

Thiefboy777
08-19-2015, 07:31 AM
Lets have:

Poopsock server

Normal server (must show proof of employment)

Khaleesi
08-19-2015, 07:38 AM
Akito, keep in mind that(and this may not be relevant to your past experience with EverQuest) this server is far from overcrowded if we contrast it to populations from the original servers many years ago.

More or less I believe the current attendance is active enough to accomplish things, yet not strangle the server. Yes, there are times where it seems 'everything is camped,' and it's true, you do get top heavy situations - yet you should be very specific about what areas you are focusing on and what their purpose is.

Solo, Group, Raid etc.
Outdoor, dungeon, planes etc.
Level range?

Karnors is often busy, meanwhile City of Mist is semi busy, and Kedge Keep/The Hole is rarely holding more than 10 players at any given time.

There are plenty of open areas. Have you ever been through the Karanas? There are countless mobs and little spots that you rarely encounter other players. And years ago, these were highly used areas. You would see scores of people lining the hillsides in East Karana, pulling wolves, spiders, snakes and Evil Eyes. Now you see virtually none.

Agreed, this freedom of space and choice starts to dissipate once you get to higher levels, yet with the release of Velious, it inherently assuages that issue to some degree as it provides more content. And subsequently opens up pre existing areas like Kunark, to be less populated.

In the past several days I've counted no more than eight people in Sebilis at the same time.

Swish
08-19-2015, 10:49 AM
There are not more people than ever playing.
Everything is not camped.

Most of the good stuff is taken though.

joppykid
08-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Most of the good stuff is taken though.

Is this a Taken guild pun?

Swish
08-19-2015, 10:58 AM
No but I expect Catherin in here any minute to try and dunk on me for slating the guild (again).

Khaleesi
08-19-2015, 11:27 AM
No but I expect Catherin in here any minute to try and dunk on me for slating the guild (again).

Nah, probably too busy rebuilding her Sprinkler MQ stock.

Charlievox
08-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Even if the new server were no transfer and everyone had to start from scratch, I suspect that, as it was on Live, by the end of the first week there would be a full guild of 60's camping all the sweet spots and all the "First Kills" would be gone.

Monty405
08-19-2015, 12:42 PM
There should be 2,000 servers so we can all play on our own personal server.

Charlievox
08-19-2015, 12:44 PM
There should be 2,000 servers so we can all play on our own personal server.

NOW yer talkin'!

mgellan
08-19-2015, 01:03 PM
NOW yer talkin'!

You can have your own server super easy...

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38836

Regards,
Mg

milsorgen
08-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Also I heard of a Discord server they want to try before that.... 1-60 lawless permadeath pvp with full loot, sounds like a good time <3

My body is ready.

Monty405
08-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Also I heard of a Discord server they want to try before that.... 1-60 lawless permadeath pvp with full loot, sounds like a good time <3

Replace all newbie zone music to Yakety_Sax.mp3

Issar
08-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Lets have:

Poopsock server

Normal server (must show proof of employment)

I feel this post did not get the respect it deserves.

Charlievox
08-19-2015, 01:37 PM
You can have your own server super easy...

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38836

Regards,
Mg

Oh dear! If I only had the time....

milsorgen
08-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Replace all newbie zone music to Yakety_Sax.mp3

And the Wilhelm Scream plays upoun death.

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-19-2015, 11:09 PM
imo with the opening of velious there is plenty of high end (40-60) content right now. Splitting the server would mess with a server community that is many years old at this point. A fresh server is another issue, but splitting w/ server xfers is not needed and would break up the p99 continuum.

Must not break the continuum

Monty405
08-20-2015, 07:30 AM
Recycle 99

Doors
08-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Blue should definitely be split into two servers.

untergang
08-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Recycle will be the new blue.