PDA

View Full Version : Are there any quiet solo areas 30-40?

DKhezu
11-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey, 31 mage here, kind of stuck at leveling. Was recently camping some spots in SK til this level but now its getting harder for me to solo.
The guide I was using (noleafclovers) said to go to unrest basement, the problem with that is that the basement is camped 90% of the time. Other places I tried was HHK guards, that place was also overcamped, PAW also seemed hard to get spots and rathe mountains, all the mobs I could take there were alittle low.
Are there any zones which arent overcamped that could be nice solo spots for a mage 30-40? looking for 2+ undercamped spawns that are white/yellow con :P

ransom16
11-06-2010, 02:22 PM
If you get the Ancient Croc spawn in UGuk, it's pretty solid XP until 34 or so. Tollbooth guards out in WC if you don't mind your faction. Yea, Unrest Basement is pretty good but dangerous at times.

Or of course, you could kill the bards. Easiest, safest, quietest kills ever.

DKhezu
11-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for your reply!
About the bards, will qeynos hate me if I kill them? And if so is there an easy way to gain faction with qeynos? its my favorite city :P

Teseer
11-06-2010, 02:31 PM
People always pick on Bards :(

ransom16
11-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Oh yes, Qeynos despises me.

Teseer
11-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Who wants to go to Qeynos anyway? Not that I condone killing Bards. Poor guys/gals are defenseless with no songs :(

ransom16
11-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Actually I recorded a video of Travis Two Tone before I killed him that evening, he had it coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7iAZQlf5_4

Teseer
11-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I just got bitched at for laughing so hard at work. That made my day, Ransom. lmfao!

krforrester
11-07-2010, 11:31 AM
If you want quiet, go to CT. There are plenty of crocs and lizards of all levels there and it is usually fairly empty.

fishingme
11-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Watchman halv and the other dude with charlotte and the clockwork in steamfont. Great xp, took me from 30-39 and they were still blue @ 39

bakkily
11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
ok, go to paw, you can lvl up to lvl 45 at this zone!

first do the entrance up to the big doors to lvl 34 or so, at lvl 34, theres about 10-12 gnolls i think

after lvl 34, go and at the first bridge jump down, this will bring you to a area of like 12-15 gnolls, you can do here up to lvl 40 and even higher to like 42

once you really are lvl 39, which i think you get your new pet, you can start to camp some nameds, which are lvl 40 i think, but dont do the ishva area till lvl 43 for the new pet, but theres 3 names way way far in, and for 3 items they drop are worth 1k+, back here is good to stick to till lvl 43 or so, may get lb's at 42, but your pet will own them all

once lvl 43 or you get your 40's pet what ever lvl, do ishva, but if you stay in paw long enough to get ishva to spawn youll hit lvl 50 easily, ive had like 4 mage friends do this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

other zones to do if paws too busy with people, lvl 30-35 can do unrest basement, the way the zones set up and if you know how to place your class right you can kill everything down there but the bottom bottom stuff, like 4 mobs all stuck by each other

cazic thule has some areas you can easily do from 30-40+, i havent been there for a long long time so i dont quite remember

hill giants in rathe mnt, theres like 12 spawns i think, but theres always at least 2-4 others there, can make good money easily

theres halflings at the wall, like 5 or so of em, drop not too bad money, the oens in misty

when lvl 42, can do seafury cycs, they'
re a bitch, but youll make money so fast

when in your 40's, can do entrance ice giants theres 4 that spawn i think, good exp and loot

at lvl 30 you can do the entrance of sol b, but some do it well when no trains, but if theres retards there, theres going to be trains, can kind of do ent area to lvl 38 or so, its a ok camp to do if you just stick LFG up

lvl 30-34ish or so isnt bad to do lguk entrance, or if you go to the dead side once lvl 34, and learn the entrance there really well and a bit of the maze, you can do lvls 34-44ish fast, minos arent that tough to kill, and they're not really grouped together, but theres like 3-4 roamers, id say pull up to the first bridge and camp there, get this all on a rotation, and pull back to that spot, when comftorable enough, on eqatlas or eqmacwiki now, shows wheres a safe spot in the maze to pull to

theres other areas but i just cant think of any other areas atm, i guess another is once lvl 40 guards by the docks in freeport, i think its east freeport? i rarely log in

audacity
11-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Oh and, if you pull from maze and somehow get a shitty pull, you are right by the zoneline. Pretty safe place.

BTW What is your race on your mage?

yraapt
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Sol A is great for mages. It may take a few deaths to learn where everything spawns and how roamers path, but once you learn it you can really churn through the mobs.

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/solusekseyemap.html

29-33 Kindle area

Start at the room labeled 6 and clear back passed the room labeled 2. This area keeps you close to the zone lines marked A and B. Make a hotkey that does a /target kindle and /target singe.

34-38 Bar room

Pretty straightforward, I would recommend making sure you have killed the roamers before breaking into the room.

39-43 Gnomes

You can do the EXG spot, but usually it is camped and there are not enough gnomes for good exp. I would recommend starting with the gnomes closest to the lavastorm zoneline. Clear back to the lava/drawbridge area. Take the right drawbridge and kill gnomes in the long corridor behind the castle. You should only get 2 at a time. There is one roamer in the area behind the castle.

Anyone have any good spots 44+ other than sea furies and specs? They always seem to be camped up. I am killing ogres in Oggok, but the respawn seems slow and I have not dared going deep for fear of getting multiple HTs...