PDA

View Full Version : WTS **A RELIC - SERVER FIRST MANASTONE**

Zithax
11-06-2010, 04:15 PM
FOR SALE: Server First Manastone!

That's right folks! This is the very Manastone that Magic looted from "an evil eye's corpse" deep within the paludal city of Guk, which the party of noble adventurers elected to NBG it to the cleric, Zexa. This party of heroes consisted of Pheersome the magician, Reiker the warrior, Magic the magican, and it's possible Keystone the wizard was also in attendance.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you purchase this Manastone, you will not only be purchasing a rare, exquisite, and valuable clicky, you will be purchasing a relic heirloom to the Project 1999 Server. This Manastone, much alike a phoenix; gave birth to the first "Manastone Death," whereby the user of the Manastone miscalculates his or her HP to clicks necessary to maximize mana regeneration, and essentially causes an accidental suicidal death. That's right. The first ever. This death was celebrated by a server-wide GM message of which screenshots still exist.

You think that's fucking crazy enough? Hold the fuck onto your hat right there, mister or miss. People have been banned over this Manastone. That is right folks, in the early days there was much a storm of controversy surrounding the love triangle created by this Manastone between itself the the two players entwined with its fate. Zexa as you know, and Magic. It is a tragic tale that is not to be told here, only mentioned in hindsight...

Now I present to you your chance to own this piece of P99 history.

Bidding begins at 70k. PM me for your bids, I will update this post accordingly:

Current Bid: 70k

Zyth
11-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I may be interested in this item, but first I need to know.

Does it come with a certificate of authenticity?

Zithax
11-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I may be interested in this item, but first I need to know.

Does it come with a certificate of authenticity?

I will most certainly draft one; with a serious bid and inquiry.

Badmartigan
11-06-2010, 08:40 PM
FOR SALE: Server First Manastone!

That's right folks! This is the very Manastone that Magic looted from "an evil eye's corpse" deep within the paludal city of Guk, which the party of noble adventurers elected to NBG it to the cleric, Zexa. This party of heroes consisted of Pheersome the magician, Reiker the warrior, Magic the magican, and it's possible Keystone the wizard was also in attendance.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you purchase this Manastone, you will not only be purchasing a rare, exquisite, and valuable clicky, you will be purchasing a relic heirloom to the Project 1999 Server. This Manastone, much alike a phoenix; gave birth to the first "Manastone Death," whereby the user of the Manastone miscalculates his or her HP to clicks necessary to maximize mana regeneration, and essentially causes an accidental suicidal death. That's right. The first ever. This death was celebrated by a server-wide GM message of which screenshots still exist.

You think that's fucking crazy enough? Hold the fuck onto your hat right there, mister or miss. People have been banned over this Manastone. That is right folks, in the early days there was much a storm of controversy surrounding the love triangle created by this Manastone between itself the the two players entwined with its fate. Zexa as you know, and Magic. It is a tragic tale that is not to be told here, only mentioned in hindsight...

Now I present to you your chance to own this piece of P99 history.

Bidding begins at 80k. PM me for your bids, I will update this post accordingly:

Current Bid:80k

What's the story behind the Manastone ? That seems to be the make it or break it when it comes to buying this.

do tell

Wenai
11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
What's the story behind the Manastone ? That seems to be the make it or break it when it comes to buying this.

do tell
When there was a bunch of low-mid twenties characters (Fine Steel Long Swords I think?) they went to LGuk to camp the EE. The manastone was dropped and given to Zexa.

That manastone was then lent to Magic who was banned temporarily.

Zexa ended up demanding that the GMs reimburse the manastone as it belonged to them. We LOL'd and didn't return the Manastone.

Magic eventually came back and the Manastone was returned to Zexa (I believe).

The history of the manastone is there but it really isn't significant at all.

Zexa
11-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Just to elaborate/clarify on what Zithax said about the banning(I used a little hyperbole today when talking to him about it's history), Magic was banned for something unrelated shortly after letting him use the stone when I went off to bed. Magic didn't hesitate to agree to let me keep the stone without a roll in the group, nor did Pheersome who was also there, which was pretty awesome of them both since they were the only two people in the group not in FSLS and it didn't serve them to help out our guild.

So I had loaned Magic the Manastone while I was out of town for a few days and very shortly after he was permanently banned.

Zexa ended up demanding that the GMs reimburse the manastone as it belonged to them. We LOL'd and didn't return the Manastone.

I feel like this makes me sound rather foolish, as if I were some unreasonable player demanding that the GM staff give me my loot back, which I willingly loaned to someone. I wouldn't expect it to be done on Live so I didn't expect it to be done here, but some of the people that were in the group that helped get it petitioned on my behalf and told me that Nilbog was considering it so I asked in PMs if it was a possibility. (See the following)

Originally Posted by Zexa
Hey,

Keystone was speaking with Nilbog about this while I was gone, but he's out of town now and I didn't hear anything so I wanted to see about it myself. The Manastone I had was on the character Magic when he was banned. The last I heard Nilbog was going to discuss returning it to me with the other GMs since he didn't believe that someone would loan a manastone. I wanted to PM you about this since not only were you there in Guk while I was showing it off to Sol Ro and Rogean, I was hoping you remembered me discussing it in group chat in our Unrest group before the ban.

Do you know if there has been a decision on this?

Thanks in advance. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help out.

Regards,

Zexa

Apparently(according to Wenai) the GMs just wanted to troll me for more laughs and responded that they asked Magic for his side of the story and that he didn't want the manastone on me because he was he was afraid I would be banned for cheating and it would be lost(relost?) forever. Thankfully I had AIM set to save chat logs on my work computer and sent Xzerion a conversation Magic and I had about it basically backing up my story. Xzerion said don't get your hopes up but they would talk about it.

*My hopes were indeed low*

Then there was a twist! This was during the time that the non-stop DDOS attacks caused Rogean to have to shut the server down, and the e-terrorist's only demand was for the staff to completely reverse all bans and forgive all offenders. The server is back and Magic is too!

To my surprise, Magic just asks me to meet him in Neriak so that he can return the manastone to me. I gate to our mutual home city and am rewarded with the manastone I feared was lost forever. Magic and I part ways and I'm left feeling perplexed yet thankful.

Thank you for letting me tell you a tale. And finally, the real reason I hit the "Reply" button...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/Muppet213/Sig.jpg

Buyer beware. This is indeed the first manastone to drop on the server, but it can be deadly.

Pheer
11-06-2010, 11:43 PM
WTS server first dragoon dirk 10k

oldhead
11-07-2010, 01:06 AM
What did magic get banned for?

Taluvill
11-07-2010, 04:23 AM
What did magic get banned for?

One of the most enjoyable - from a viewers standpoint - forum tirades this server has seen.

Was on the old forums, and although it wasn't nice, or acceptable in any way, it was funny to see the events unfold and watch the fight fest.

jarooneh
11-07-2010, 07:47 AM
5cp for it. useless in kunark unless your a dru or wiz....bahahaha waste ur plat!

Zithax
11-07-2010, 12:32 PM
5cp for it. useless in kunark unless your a dru or wiz....bahahaha waste ur plat!

It's useless in kunark because it can't be used there. Now get your shit out of my thread.

ransom16
11-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe he's thinking the druid/wiz can port to the old world, use the mana stone, then gate back? It's feasible !

Zithax
11-07-2010, 06:46 PM
bump. reduced price, lets get rid of this thing pals!

Wenai
11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I feel like this makes me sound rather foolish, as if I were some unreasonable player demanding that the GM staff give me my loot back, which I willingly loaned to someone. I wouldn't expect it to be done on Live so I didn't expect it to be done here, but some of the people that were in the group that helped get it petitioned on my behalf and told me that Nilbog was considering it so I asked in PMs if it was a possibility. (See the following)
You were unreasonable. You traded the item to someone. :p

I actually remember when it happened because we had a group in Gukbottom:

Wenai
Xzerion
Otto
Hasbinbad
Kutles
Olympia

Otto was leaving and Maximus came to join the group which led to another great moment in P1999 history in which Maximus joined the group replacing Otto and it resulted in the ghoul supplier spawning like 45 seconds later and dropping Thick Banded Belt. That was the first real loot dispute I was a part of on P1999 but it was pretty funny and memorable listening to Hasbinbad bitch over vent.

Ahhhh. So many memories.

Trademaster
11-08-2010, 12:04 AM
I would love to bid on this piece of history, however I've only been here a couple of months and cannot imagine having the coin required to own such an exclusive (and dangerous) artifact.

Olympia
11-08-2010, 12:47 AM
You were unreasonable. You traded the item to someone. :p

I actually remember when it happened because we had a group in Gukbottom:

Wenai
Xzerion
Otto
Hasbinbad
Kutles
Olympia

Otto was leaving and Maximus came to join the group which led to another great moment in P1999 history in which Maximus joined the group replacing Otto and it resulted in the ghoul supplier spawning like 45 seconds later and dropping Thick Banded Belt. That was the first real loot dispute I was a part of on P1999 but it was pretty funny and memorable listening to Hasbinbad bitch over vent.

Ahhhh. So many memories.

That was a fun night.

quido
11-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Somebody buy this so Zithax the Deadbeat can pay me the plat he's owed me for five months.

Zithax
11-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Somebody buy this so Zithax the Deadbeat can pay me the plat he's owed me for five months.

Don't listen to this guy, he's crazy. He's like a crazy little sociopath hehe.

quido
11-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Don't listen to this guy, he's crazy. He's like a crazy little sociopath hehe.

Why wouldn't you want them to listen to me? I'm telling them to buy your manastone so you can stop being such a deadbeat. Isn't this also what you want?

Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't need the plat from this manastone to stop being a deadbeat; I think you're very simply just a passive-aggressive, dysfunctional little bitch of a deadbeat. Prove me wrong, please.

wrxBRAH
11-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Im more interested in knowing whether its the same Keystone from FoH. Anyone know?

Zithax
11-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Why wouldn't you want them to listen to me? I'm telling them to buy your manastone so you can stop being such a deadbeat. Isn't this also what you want?

Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't need the plat from this manastone to stop being a deadbeat; I think you're very simply just a passive-aggressive, dysfunctional little bitch of a deadbeat. Prove me wrong, please.

Who's got two thumbs and thinks he's getting paid back after being such a whiny bitch about it? THIS GUY!

karsten
11-12-2010, 04:45 AM
yah its the same keystone. and he BETTER be coming back for kunark so he can port me to emerald jungle after he joins < Emo Kids >

Taluvill
11-12-2010, 05:27 AM
< Emo Kids >

Emo kids better run this server or they aren't the real Emo Kids from P99.

Yoite
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
server was so much fun when we were all originally lvling up from scratch. Cant wait till kunark comes out. Hopefully some of that fun will return with us lvling again and gearing up in new kunark loots.

Taluvill
11-12-2010, 04:11 PM
server was so much fun when we were all originally lvling up from scratch. Cant wait till kunark comes out. Hopefully some of that fun will return with us lvling again and gearing up in new kunark loots.

And back then, No one wanted to kill leach other, you know? Now its like you sneeze one way and this guy in that guild or whatever wants to behead you -_-

wrxBRAH
11-13-2010, 12:25 AM
yah its the same keystone. and he BETTER be coming back for kunark so he can port me to emerald jungle after he joins < Emo Kids >

Good to know hes still alive. I played with him and a few others back on Bristlebane before they xfered to play with smarter people.

quido
11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I offer 7k.

Zithax
11-15-2010, 01:48 AM
bump, asking 70k, taking other offers via PM.

quido
11-16-2010, 01:43 AM
I feel like doing some cyberbullying...

Zithax, please kill yourself. You are a pathetic piece of shit and a scoundrel!

If you eat 20 raw potato skins I'll give you another mith2hander. Bitch.

Zithax
11-16-2010, 03:47 AM
I feel like doing some cyberbullying...

Zithax, please kill yourself. You are a pathetic piece of shit and a scoundrel!

If you eat 20 raw potato skins I'll give you another mith2hander. Bitch.

DONE

quido
11-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Rest In Poop, Zithax!

Nuggie
08-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Bump for nostalgia and good p99 history read. Also, anyone know if this manastone was banned again?

Wtb for 75k

citizen1080
08-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Holy Necro'd thread!

Nuggie
08-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Necro-ing is what I do. Maybe move this to server chat for good reads?

citizen1080
08-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I vote you find the orginal love triangle thread he references!

Happyfeet
08-08-2013, 12:08 AM

citizen1080
08-08-2013, 12:15 AM

newsmurf
08-08-2013, 12:16 AM
this shit made me lol hard. solid threat with all the drama, 95k.

Penoy
08-08-2013, 12:20 AM
is this a troll????
I still have 10 Manastones in my bank...
They are manastones number 2-11

Thulack
08-08-2013, 12:55 AM
is this a troll????
I still have 10 Manastones in my bank...
They are manastones number 2-11

Look at the date of the post.

Shinko
08-08-2013, 11:24 PM