PDA

View Full Version : AC and AGI

Rooj
08-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Been playing around with my stat window a bit, removing and re-equiping items. Notice when I remove an item I lose more AC on the stat window than what the item is supposed to give me.

Have also noticed when my AGI is higher, I start getting 1 AGI = 1 AC, maybe even more. When my AGI is lower, it takes more AGI to = 1 AC.

I've been told that these are just visual bugs. Is there any way around this to see what my AC really is? And what is the actual AGI:AC ratio?

joppykid
08-24-2015, 10:32 AM
I thought they higher AGI the more bonus AC you get from it? I don't know, that's what it seems like.

maskedmelon
08-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Displayed AC is a combination of mitigation and avoidance. AGI increases avoidance and the value of the associated bonus is determined by a table, so it stands to reason that you might see differing AC values from different AGI values. Below 75 things really start getting wonky and monks have their own special rules with regards to AGI.

Rooj
08-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Displayed AC is a combination of mitigation and avoidance. AGI increases avoidance and the value of the associated bonus is determined by a table, so it stands to reason that you might see differing AC values from different AGI values. Below 75 things really start getting wonky and monks have their own special rules with regards to AGI.

Does having higher AGI increase the stat weight of AC? I can understand if I remove an item with AC and AGI I'm gonna lose more AC than normal, but if it's just an item with AC, I don't get it.

maskedmelon
08-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Does having higher AGI increase the stat weight of AC? I can understand if I remove an item with AC and AGI I'm gonna lose more AC than normal, but if it's just an item with AC, I don't get it.

It should not based on the formulae for AC unless it is incorporated into the AGI tables which I've never seen. Anecdotally my experience suggests any displayed differential is by of the displayed AC only. I had the same question back in my teens/20's and after some testing that is the conclusion I drew. Sorry it's not more conclusive! ^^

WolfsongReborn
08-24-2015, 12:52 PM
I have definitely noticed when my "feet like cat" buff ( + agi ) drops. I'll take quite a bit more dmg. Oddly enough I can put on a few items with much more AC (Tolan's gear) than my regular gear and really not notice a difference one way or the other.

Agi does seem to do quite a bit...at least for me, over raw AC.

maskedmelon
08-24-2015, 12:59 PM
I have definitely noticed when my "feet like cat" buff ( + agi ) drops. I'll take quite a bit more dmg. Oddly enough I can put on a few items with much more AC (Tolan's gear) than my regular gear and really not notice a difference one way or the other.

Agi does seem to do quite a bit...at least for me, over raw AC.

Provided you are not at max level (and under certain conditions even then) this makes sense because AC from items is supposed to be hardcapped by level even though the displayed AC increases. Another reason why the displayed AC is unreliable.

Pyrocat
08-24-2015, 03:58 PM
anyone have the link to the thread where AC/AGI was heavily parsed?

Rooj
08-24-2015, 04:21 PM
I was always told that AGI was really bad on this server, but I've been messing with it lately, in hopes that it was ninja patched at some point. Might do some parsing soon.

jcr4990
08-25-2015, 02:21 AM
I was always told that AGI was really bad on this server, but I've been messing with it lately, in hopes that it was ninja patched at some point. Might do some parsing soon.As a 60 Shaman main in one of the major raiding guilds I can tell you that I'm pretty sure I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've been asked for AGI buff. I think it's pretty universally seen as completely useless aside from the 75pt minimum.

Danth
08-25-2015, 02:43 AM
I ask for agility when I have space on my buff bar, but with a 15 buff limit choices have to be made.....

Danth

titanshub
08-25-2015, 04:25 AM
anyone have the link to the thread where AC/AGI was heavily parsed?

If anyone has this then I would be very interested to read it, thanks.