PDA

View Full Version : NPC's Reaction to the Sleeper's Awakening.

Thulghor
08-25-2015, 07:54 AM
This was a neat thread to find. I had forgotten how this all worked out.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-sleeper-npcs-reaction-to-his-awakening.3299/

Messie
08-25-2015, 08:41 AM
This is great. A post in this thread lead to this post about the lore in Everquest that is nicely laid out and put into a timeline.

Good resource!!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/beimeiths-lore-guide-1-the-history-of-norrath.2959/

Edit: I just remembered a really good site with lots of screenshots and information about a Kerafym fight. Here is the link ! It's a great read if you have the time to take a walk down nostalgia lane. Lots of Screenshots lots of Links, it's great!

http://tesuji.org/old_news/kerafyrm_the_sleeper_re-revisited.html

Thulghor
08-25-2015, 05:59 PM
This part I found really neat (especially since it was posted by a developer), but I kinda remember Trakannon mentioning something as well...

When Kerafyrm awakes many dragons throughout Norrath have something to say about it:

Residents of Skyshrine can be heard shouting:
BEWARE! BEWARE! The Sleeper has been awakened! He means death for all who remain here! Time is short, flee the Skyshrine now if you value your life!

Outside of Skyshrine Wuoshi can be heard shouting:
The Sleeper has been awakened! Shun the Skyshrine if you value your lives, for he shall be here soon!

In the depths of Dragon Necropolis Jaled Dar's Shade will say:
HAHAHAHA! Those fools believed me! Revenge is mine, and destruction is visited upon the world! Ware The Sleeper, fools, for he is AWAKE!

Klandicar in the icy Western Wastes will shout:
Damnation and doom! Some fool has awakened The Sleeper! Avoid those places where Dragons dwell, for Kerafyrm shall surely seek revenge upon us!

Lord Nagafen will say:
Ha! The Ring and Claws are doomed! The Sleeper has been awakened, what a glorious day! Lady Vox, I will see you soon, our long delayed nuptials can now proceed!

While Lady Vox will say:
The Sleeper stirs! A glorious new age for Norrath is about to begin, and my exile is about to end!

Phara Dar from atop Veeshan's Peak can be heard saying:
Attend me, members of the Ring. The Sleeper is free of his prison, and will surely be seeking revenge!

Swish
08-25-2015, 06:08 PM
I wonder if the Ragefire/Lockjaw server NPCs will talk about the latest Daybreak Cash implementations - maybe something unlocks in the cash shop when it's awake?

Outside of Skyshrine Wuoshi can be heard shouting:
The Sleeper has been awakened! Pick up the latest progression server pixels at the store for 20% off!

Thulghor
08-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Ha!

Rararboker
08-25-2015, 06:51 PM
So Vox + Naggy being together was a thing. Someone tried to tell me before that they weren't.

Is there somewhere where the Lore behind the dragons in EQ is written?

Messie
08-26-2015, 01:23 AM
This part I found really neat (especially since it was posted by a developer), but I kinda remember Trakannon mentioning something as well...

Yea, so cool. Did you check out the second link with all the plane history and links? You seem to be a fellow lore and event nerd, I found that one to be really a great read !

captnamazing
08-26-2015, 02:01 AM
SUPER cool, thank you Thulghor!! More dragon lore please :)

Llodd
08-26-2015, 03:24 AM
Where the sleeper awakes here, the world will be silent.

LGraves
08-26-2015, 05:57 AM
yep very cool stuff!

Thiefboy777
08-26-2015, 07:31 AM
Ya we would never get those emotes on this server, all dragons dead within 30 seconds of spawning.

Pyrocat
08-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Ya we would never get those emotes on this server, all dragons dead within 30 seconds of spawning.

Or the GMs could make them all respawn when Sleeper is awoken.

Icecometus
08-26-2015, 08:31 PM
My guess is on this server, if the sleeper is awakened, all the dragons will repop and then be killed by the sleeper never to spawn again.

Expediency
08-27-2015, 08:19 PM

Thats a lot of named mobs. Certainly many of them would not be spawned (already dead) when the sleeper was originally woken; can anyone confirm whether or not they repopped live? Or maybe they were the only ones alive to talk, and other NPCs would have spoken had they been alive?

torriadore
08-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Dzarn is love. He carries the spirit of the old game over there.