PDA

View Full Version : Question about summuning

REMEZ
08-25-2015, 01:44 PM
I am an enchanter in duo with a cleric, we have been killing some mobs that summon, and when charm breaks that can turn out to a really bad day. The summoning mob is usaly a no go to mez, and with charm beeing a long cast time I usaly get summoned before I can land it on the pet.

My question is if it will help using cleric as meatshield until I can resummon the pet considering Golem is rooted. Will he always summon top hate even if he has someone else to hit?

Daldaen
08-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Your cleric friend can stun the summoner on charm breaks and that should make it summon him instead of you.

What are you killing that you can't mez? Kael Giants or something?

Summon should be a 10 second recharge. If the summoning mob is rooted you can get out of range and cast a Boltrans or Allure before getting resummoned, you just have to be quick about moving just out of melee range after summon and casting immediately. It's best for the cleric to stun your former pet here so that you don't have anything beating on you as you try to cast.

REMEZ
08-25-2015, 02:31 PM
We are killing golems in the hole and some are yellow/red to me. My cleric partner is 5 levels below me so stun for him may be hard.

Knowing about his 10 sec recast on summon will help alot tho!

Daldaen
08-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Those golems are extremely magic resistant. Not a fantastic choice for that particular duo.

Also the cleric's stun actually hitting isn't relevant. The stun landing would be nice but the primary purpose of the stun is to redirect the mobs attention onto the cleric so that the enchanter can cast charm without getting interrupted by push or a bash.

Thulack
08-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Those golems are extremely magic resistant. Not a fantastic choice for that particular duo.

Also the cleric's stun actually hitting isn't relevant. The stun landing would be nice but the primary purpose of the stun is to redirect the mobs attention onto the cleric so that the enchanter can cast charm without getting interrupted by push or a bash.

and a cleric thats 5 levels below you to mobs thats are conning you red/yellow are going to eat that cleric alive rather quickly i would presume. Maybe find a better hunting ground.

Messie
08-25-2015, 02:55 PM
I duo'd enchanter cleric a lot 40-54, if you are in that level range hit me up in game ill give ya hunting ground tips

REMEZ
08-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Not complaining about my huntinground in the hole, It fills a hole in my wallet and in my XP bar very well.

However I am always open to new spots for 50+!

captnamazing
08-25-2015, 03:10 PM
have up your Damage Absorb spell and your Rune. Get summoned. Eat a couple of hits. move away. AE stun. cleric stun as you start casting. ez.

the problem is you're fighting rock golems, which are extremely MR. so mezzes/roots are out of the question a lot of the time. I'm not sure they can even be mezzed, truth be told.

Daldaen
08-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Yea that combination is fantastic however they are very weak against high magic resistance mobs because they cannot be CC'd by enchanter via mez, stun, root, or slow OR by cleric via stun or root. You basically have to charm and hope charm holds until the mob is dead.

That's a fine strategy for trying to clear down for a quest or named mob, but as far as charming for exp goes, it is more risky than other methods.

I have a 51 chanter who I've duoed from basically 30-51 on with a cleric (who also happens to be 5 levels lower than myself).

We did Unrest in the 30s, Lower Guk in 40s, Kedge Keep in 40s, and now we are in Wakening Lands doing Geonids.

The camp we are at currently is great for this duo. The geonids are quite vulnerable to magic, most are melee and you can give them weapons to force dual wielding, the geonid shamans provide a nice target for Theft of Thought, the respawn is quick so it's rare the entire cave is camped, we usually can kill 15~ before respawned start, that's about 1 full room.

Also the drops are pretty decent. Quest Armor gems (most except BP) drop here. I've also gotten 2 Diamonds and 2 Black Sapphires. As well as tons of vendor gems (Rubies, Sapphires, Fire Emeralds + Fake Quest Armor Gems), in addition to the vendor fodder jewelry (Ruby Crown, Sapphire Necklace, Star Ruby Earring).

I had one mob drop Ruby Crown, Sapphire Necklace and Star Ruby Earring. That's around 450~ platinum. Granted it's only happened once but it was cool to see.

Between all the vendor trash I'm sure we've pulled in 3-4k platinum on top of about 15-20 Quest Armor gems, plus the Diamonds/Black Sapphires which I turned into jewelry. In about 1 level of killing there, probably 120~ Mobs.

Mobs are a steady blue con from 49-58~ I would imagine. EXP tends to be about 1 blue (4%) every 6 or so mobs in a duo at level 51.