PDA

View Full Version : BoB Quest - Scout Charisa

Calibix
08-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Wiki says she is south of SG on a hill, but I'm there and I don't see her on track or otherwise. Does she despawn, and if so what is her timer?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Leuz's_Task

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ele
08-27-2015, 10:37 AM
10 hour timer, despawns a few minutes after a turn in, expect 12 other people to log in 5 minutes before she spawns and have auto fire spam going.

Calibix
08-27-2015, 10:38 AM
10 hour timer, despawns a few minutes after a turn in, expect 12 other people to log in 5 minutes before she spawns and have auto fire spam going.

Thanks.

Not what I wanted to hear, but nonetheless thanks.

Ele
08-27-2015, 10:39 AM
at least she announces the person who turned in their tools first. Need to have crew ready to go because it won't be up long enough to mobilize after the spawn.

Calibix
08-27-2015, 10:42 AM
at least she announces the person who turned in their tools first. Need to have crew ready to go because it won't be up long enough to mobilize after the spawn.

What if I pulled some ninja bard like stuff?! Like super slowy dot it down while kiting the whole group?

Daldaen
08-27-2015, 10:47 AM
The last few times I've been at Scout there have been like 20~ people huddled around the spawn. Usually it's 90% one guild.

But it's honestly not that bad if you have friends who can get over to you in 5-10~ minutes if you get the turnin.

You show up for 3 minutes, spam click your mouse and if you lose, oh well you lost 3 minutes. That's half a run across WKarana.

Far better than some variance bullshit where you have to stare at the spawn for 8 hours hoping it spawns.

I think I showed up 3-4 times before I figured out where to spam click and I got the turnin.

Daldaen
08-27-2015, 10:50 AM
What if I pulled some ninja bard like stuff?! Like super slowy dot it down while kiting the whole group?

The captain is level 58, very high magic resist and summons. He also has about 100k HP. Or maybe it's less, it seems really high.

You cannot kite him down. You will need a tank, cleric, some DPS.

We did it with 4 Druids and a Warrior once and 3 Druids 2 clerics and a warrior another time.

Druids just harmonied and snare parked the adds then egressed while someone aggroed Captain once he was single and brought him in to tank.

I would be extremely impressed if you could solo him as a bard. Even sending charmed pets in he takes forever to die.

Calibix
08-27-2015, 10:53 AM
The captain is level 58, very high magic resist and summons. He also has about 100k HP. Or maybe it's less, it seems really high.

You cannot kite him down. You will need a tank, cleric, some DPS.

We did it with 4 Druids and a Warrior once and 3 Druids 2 clerics and a warrior another time.

Druids just harmonied and snare parked the adds then egressed while someone aggroed Captain once he was single and brought him in to tank.

I would be extremely impressed if you could solo him as a bard. Even sending charmed pets in he takes forever to die.

If he summons, no way I can solo him then. Maybe some bard greater than me, but I haven't figured that one out yet lol.

Edit: wiki says 16k hp, unstunabble, but not unfearable. The high MR makes me nervous but if I can fear it I can kill it (in theory).

Daldaen
08-27-2015, 10:57 AM
I will be bold enough to say no bard will solo him.

I could *maybe* see a cleric with puppet strings pull it off give they have an extra pet parked and help with the split.

Most people do this with a 3-4 man group or a raid.

Spyder73
08-27-2015, 11:04 AM
The last few times I've been at Scout there have been like 20~ people huddled around the spawn. Usually it's 90% one guild.

I think there were 45 <BDA> at the last scout I went to, and Florid still won.

But yea, your not going to get a Scout anytime soon unless you dedicate yourself to going, and you need a group to kill the mob, cant solo.

Calibix
08-27-2015, 11:06 AM
I will be bold enough to say no bard will solo him.

I could *maybe* see a cleric with puppet strings pull it off give they have an extra pet parked and help with the split.

Most people do this with a 3-4 man group or a raid.

Your probably right. Was a nice upgrade in both slots, but I guess I'll shelve this until I uhhh.... make some friends :p.

Fairly confident I could get him solo if I could lull the other adds without issue. I'd have to run with like 3, land a snare on him, zone, and catch him as he paths back but after that idk. The high MR makes it too risky.

Erati
08-27-2015, 11:40 AM
Below is pretty much what the quest looks like

http://i.imgur.com/TqsqZqj.jpg

GL !

surron
08-27-2015, 11:41 AM
^ lmao

come play red if you want to relive classic eq without standing in line for 10 hours

Ele
08-27-2015, 11:49 AM
And to think melees get to do the quest twice!

Swish
08-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Below is pretty much what the quest looks like

http://i.imgur.com/TqsqZqj.jpg

GL !

https://media.giphy.com/media/T6QOv7Vw24IU0/giphy.gif

Nirgon
08-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Mob is up on red when I checked

Ele
08-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Mob is up on red when I checked

Is anyone even on CoV faction?

Daldaen
08-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Love these quests on blue.

Show up for 2-3 minutes, test your luck. If you don't get it, no problem, Winter will be here for a long time, no reason to rush. Check again in 20 hours.

If you get it, call in some friends and casually kill the mob.

No need to worry about a group coming by and killing your cleric at 20% or ever having to worry about being killed by a random guy while you're AFK medding. Being able to be in one of 7-8 different guilds and all having options for raiding is neat too, you don't have to just join the lone Zerg guild on the server in order to raid on blue, it's great.

Surprise surprise with knowledge people camp the highest reward for lowest risk quests pretty heavily! Who would've guessed.

Swish
08-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Being in a zerg guild and being at the top of the DKP list is great for me, I couldn't handle it on a pvp server

Daldaen
08-27-2015, 12:31 PM
If only I were in a massive Zerg guild and on top of DKP :(. I may have purchased a raid mob drop for my main.

Swish
08-27-2015, 12:36 PM
If only I were in a massive Zerg guild and on top of DKP :(. I may have purchased a raid mob drop for my main.

More than any Taken trialist got, I bet.

topgun1027
08-27-2015, 12:42 PM
No bard will be soloing this unless they round up 20 mobs to charm and keep throwing them at the captain.. which would still require some sort of heals soulfire/reaper probably.

Calibix
08-27-2015, 12:43 PM
No bard will be soloing this unless they round up 20 mobs to charm and keep throwing them at the captain.. which would still require some sort of heals soulfire/reaper probably.

He would summon when the charm broke so that wouldn't work either.

ArumTP
08-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Yeah pretty much expect 20 bda ogres sitting on the spawn. Recent Leuz been getting killed by divinity to block it like that.

Swish
08-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Yeah pretty much expect 20 bda ogres sitting on the spawn. Recent Leuz been getting killed by divinity to block it like that.

That's terrible.

Erati
08-27-2015, 01:24 PM

if ogres wouldnt sit on the spawn - its really not all that horrible

but when theres 20+ there and everyone is crouching around the exact spawn point so no one can even see her pop - thats when its a mess n you prob shouldnt even try

However, I have noticed that everyone has been very polite with whoever does get the tools in, no one maliciously yelling "timer" and trying to snipe the mob etc

So thats been very pleasant - btw ty BDA for helping with the Captain last night !

Man0warr
08-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Yeah I'm glad Nilbog got the turn in text changed quickly with the first patch - lots of other quest turn ins in Velious could use the same treatment.

HowlingMad
08-27-2015, 04:05 PM
This kind of stuff makes me excited for the new content ideas from the developers. Hopefully it's quests that require complication more than poopsockery.

I am just glad that even with the chaos there is some order or extensions of kindness when the mobs are spawned.