PDA

View Full Version : i can't get my firefox browser to open, how do i get my bookmarks??

Zaphyer
08-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Well I've got a big problem here. Even after restarting several times... my Firefox won't open, when I click it... nothing happens.

I've tried looking in the Mozilla folder for any file relating to my bookmarks so I can import them to internet explorer. but I can't find anything.

im not sure if unistalling and reinstalling will erase my bookmarks.

If anyone could help, that sure would be appreciated! thanks....

Champion_Standing
08-29-2015, 10:08 AM
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data

"All of the changes you make in Firefox, like your home page, what toolbars you use, saved passwords and your bookmarks, are all stored in a special folder, called a profile. Your profile folder is stored in a separate place from the Firefox program so that, if something ever goes wrong with Firefox, your information will still be there."

Thulack
08-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Also can try downloading Mozbackup and using that to backup stuff. Not sure if that still works as i havent used firefox in like 3 years.

Saylord
08-29-2015, 11:02 AM
That is odd, I had the same exact problem you did a few days ago. When you click on Mozilla does it slow the computer down also? I just restored the computer to an earlier date btw. What is strange I had downloaded nothing for weeks, it just came out of nowhere.

Huggz
08-30-2015, 01:30 AM
Shut down your PC.

Buy a Mac.

Problem solved forever.

Swish
08-30-2015, 07:56 AM
Shut down your PC.

Buy a Mac.

Problem solved forever.

Perfect for EQ on the go, make sure you flash that Apple logo off to everyone else in the coffee shop... its important they know you're one of them, and don't have just any type of computer.

http://www.themonolith.com/wp-content/uploads/Hipster-coffee-shop-picture1.jpg

Huggz
08-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Swish confirmed unable to afford a Mac, therefor must only be for hipsters.

Get a job, homy.

Swish
08-30-2015, 11:05 AM
I don't like Apple products, sorry if that makes you jump to conclusions.

Issar
08-30-2015, 01:46 PM
I don't like Apple products, sorry if that makes you jump to conclusions.

Now that we're off of the topic, I'm not a huge fan of apple products either. IOS devices in particular, just don't do it for me. However, I did just pickup an iMac Pro last week for working on art when I'm traveling on business (the two are not related) and it has been amazing thus far. I worked on Macs like 12 years ago and the new OS, as one would assume, is much better. The hardware is great, everything is zippy fast, and most importantly for its use, the screen is second to none. That being said, the iPhones that my work forces on us can burn in hell.