PDA

View Full Version : Custom Content Idea Thread?

NovaSeven
08-29-2015, 11:36 AM
If there is even a possibility that there is going to be custom content added to the game instead of continuing into Luclin, is there any idea what this might be? New continents, or smaller dungeons only? I was thinking of a few ideas...

Class specific mounts? I know mounts were done in later Everquest, which I never played, but it seems like a fun idea.
Necromancer burning skeleton pet? With a fire damage shield? Either a line of pets or one at higher levels.
51+ class titles, such as Heretic, Warlock, Champion, Pathfinder etc, added as pre-name titles? So your name would be Warlock Soandso Surname, visible to others in the game.
No Luclin models, but slight twinks, maybe more faces, to existing models?

Is there another thread like this? I think it could be fun to explore...

khanable
08-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Mounts would require luclin models. :(

Tobius
08-29-2015, 12:01 PM
A mini expansion consisting of later 'classic' zones.

E.g. Stonebrunt/Warrens, SolC and Veksar but slightly toned down from Live in terms of loot and so on.

Quests like the Qeynos investigators badge and Froglok crown, as well as the Warrior epic scale dye quest.

Foxfire
08-29-2015, 12:03 PM
No Luclin models, but slight twinks, maybe more faces, to existing models?

I would love to be able to select the bearded human face already in the game: http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Npc_marlin_shirtov.png

Jaleth
08-29-2015, 01:54 PM
New zones added that were based on the classic map of Norrath but were never implemented, or implemented later (but redone to the classic graphic feel).

The Dead Hills
Unkempt Wood
Winters Deep
Loping Plains
Frigid Plains
Rujarkian Hills
Barren Coast
Lake Neriuss
The Northland
Serpent's Spine
Dragonscale Hills
Hills of Shade
Jaggedpine Forest

Etc..etc.

Nilbog also mentioned perhaps some quests that could give class specific AA's, as well as some we get from just experience. This could keep the classic feel of p1999 but add content and a few AA'S to keep us going within the already existing realm of Norrath, more importantly the original 1st three land masses.

webrunner5
08-29-2015, 02:13 PM
New zones added that were based on the classic map of Norrath but were never implemented, or implemented later (but redone to the classic graphic feel).

The Dead Hills
Unkempt Wood
Winters Deep
Loping Plains
Frigid Plains
Rujarkian Hills
Barren Coast
Lake Neriuss
The Northland
Serpent's Spine
Dragonscale Hills
Hills of Shade
Jaggedpine Forest

Etc..etc.

Nilbog also mentioned perhaps some quests that could give class specific AA's, as well as some we get from just experience. This could keep the classic feel of p1999 but add content and a few AA'S to keep us going within the already existing realm of Norrath, more importantly the original 1st three land masses.

I thought Rogean and Nilbog ripped out all the code for AA's years ago. Was NEVER going to happen what I remember?

Pringles
08-29-2015, 03:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/289JSGs.gif

Danyelle
08-29-2015, 03:58 PM
The Dead Hills
Unkempt Wood
Winters Deep
Loping Plains
Frigid Plains
Rujarkian Hills
Barren Coast
Lake Neriuss
The Northland
Serpent's Spine
Dragonscale Hills
Hills of Shade
Jaggedpine Forest

Etc..etc.

Serpent's Spine is not really a zone, it's an entire expansion. with several zones inside it. Unkempt Woods, Winter's Deep, Frigid Plains, Lake Neriuss, and the Northland are still not in EQ today (On Live).

The zones that are in, most of them would require a more modern client than Titanium (Dragonscale Hills/Hills of Shade/Loping Plains = Secrets of Faydwer, Anything Serpent's Spine = ... The Serpent's Spine, Barren Coast/The Buried Sea = ...The Buried Sea, The Dead Hills/Neriak 4th Gate = Call of The Forsaken). you can hack the client to enable them, but then the devs would have to distribute the zone files (bad). Or tell people to download the Live client and drag them from them (No one would, too much effort).

If there is even a possibility that there is going to be custom content added to the game instead of continuing into Luclin

Herp

indiscriminate_hater
08-29-2015, 04:27 PM
i like lake zones. we could use more lakes. also, dragons in lake rathe. tree fiddy

wormed
08-29-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be dead and buried before there's custom content on P99.

Jaleth
08-29-2015, 04:33 PM
From what I understand, Nilbog would create these zones from scratch, if at all possible, keeping to the classic feel of the original server. So Serpent's Spine would be a unique zone on the custom server. Jagged Pine Forest and The Barren Coast would look different from live, unique in itself here on P1999 Yellow, or whatever it could be called. Blue and red would remain how they are, forever fixed in time to this classic era.

For example, Umkempt Wood would be created here, if legalities allowed it, and the staff could put it bordering on West Karana's northern edge. It keeps to the spirit of classic, but expands custom content. But taking names of zones now owned by DBG'S could be a touchy subject. The custom server might just make fresh new zones instead.

Again, it's what I think "could" happen, not will or should.

Secrets
08-29-2015, 04:52 PM
The Vasty Deep or go home. Just sayin'.

jarshale
08-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Maybe 10 years down the line. Also yes we have a million of these threads did you actually search?

phacemeltar
08-29-2015, 06:26 PM
id like to see some current zones expanded. hhk is too small, cb keep is disapointing, etc...

i know its not classic, but i think thats the theme of this thread?

Swish
08-29-2015, 06:55 PM
Maybe 10 years down the line. Also yes we have a million of these threads did you actually search?

Old ones are probably locked :/

Oleris
08-29-2015, 07:01 PM
A GIANT ICE SKATING RINK SO WE CAN SLIP AND SLIDE ALL THE TIME
GAMBLING MERCHANTS THAT HAVE 55/45 HOUSE ODDS
BAZAAR STYLE AUCTION HOUSE. I HATE DEALING WITH HUSTLERS

Danyelle
08-29-2015, 08:12 PM
From what I understand, Nilbog would create these zones from scratch, if at all possible, keeping to the classic feel of the original server. So Serpent's Spine would be a unique zone on the custom server. Jagged Pine Forest and The Barren Coast would look different from live, unique in itself here on P1999 Yellow, or whatever it could be called. Blue and red would remain how they are, forever fixed in time to this classic era.

For example, Umkempt Wood would be created here, if legalities allowed it, and the staff could put it bordering on West Karana's northern edge. It keeps to the spirit of classic, but expands custom content. But taking names of zones now owned by DBG'S could be a touchy subject. The custom server might just make fresh new zones instead.

Again, it's what I think "could" happen, not will or should.

Unkempt would actually be attacked to Jaggedpine which would be attached to Surefall Glade (and possibly through a tunnel system to Everfrost/Blackburrow). It's displayed that way on the 1999 map, not just because that's how Jaggedpine is on Live, btw.

ClubnRed
08-29-2015, 10:20 PM
continuing into Luclin,

What 0.o Thought this ended at velious.

Cherry23
08-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Adding custom content makes the game un-classic, I'm here for nostalgia and would quit ...

Swish
08-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Adding custom content makes the game un-classic, I'm here for nostalgia and would quit ...

I hope you don't duck cancel spells or kill mobs with variance.

Jigawatts
08-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Item linking says hello.

wormed
08-29-2015, 10:56 PM

lol.

Jaleth
08-30-2015, 09:25 AM

Again, no one is saying this server. It would be another server, many, many, many years down the road.

NovaSeven
08-30-2015, 10:48 AM
There's room for lots of little cosmetic changes that would enhance the game. Like giving Iksar necormancers Iksar skeleton pets instead of human looking skeleton pets.

milsorgen
08-30-2015, 01:23 PM
Blackburrow forces occupying large parts of Qeynos. Maye as an event of some kind for various reasons.

Gandite
08-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Can Nilbog actually make entire zones? I don't think he can do that.

edit: or any of the devs for that matter

heartbrand
08-30-2015, 02:36 PM

Champion_Standing
08-30-2015, 03:05 PM
If there was ever custom content I doubt it would be in the form of lower end leveling zones and such. It would probably end up being raid zones, maybe planes from later expansions etc with little loot just to give people more to do at the end game.

Rooj
08-30-2015, 03:44 PM
My idea for custom content:

No custom content. No one on this server plays for that. There are other servers for custom content, we're here for classic EQ. If anything there is a desire to continue the timeline a bit, maybe up to PoP.

I've never really heard the staff say anything about custom content other than that time like half a dozen years ago they said they MIGHT do it someday. It's kind of hard to be excited about something we know nothing about (and don't want to begin with). Oh and like others have said, I too would probably quit if custom content is added.

heartbrand
08-30-2015, 04:01 PM
My idea for custom content:

No custom content. No one on this server plays for that. There are other servers for custom content, we're here for classic EQ. If anything there is a desire to continue the timeline a bit, maybe up to PoP.

I've never really heard the staff say anything about custom content other than that time like half a dozen years ago they said they MIGHT do it someday. It's kind of hard to be excited about something we know nothing about (and don't want to begin with). Oh and like others have said, I too would probably quit if custom content is added.

"No one on this server plays for that"

I do.

Swish
08-30-2015, 04:14 PM

www.eqemulator.org

There's a whole forum dedicated to that kind of thing. I have faith <3

keysmash
08-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Classic is a state of mind. The problem with eqlive isn't that it those darn new expansions need to get off my lawn, it's that they have diverted from what made classic EQ unique and trivialized classic content.

Stormfists
08-30-2015, 06:14 PM

*clears throat - Ahem*

VAAAARIAAANNNCCEEEEEEEE.
ITTEMMMM LIIIIINKKKKKSSSS.
4 YEAAAARRR KKUUUNNNARRK.

ClubnRed
08-30-2015, 07:11 PM
Blackburrow forces occupying large parts of Qeynos. Maye as an event of some kind for various reasons.

Wow alot of you have some really nice ideas to this, that follow with story and whatnot.

Would freaking pay 30$ a month to play something like this in a second.

REMEZ
08-30-2015, 09:13 PM
What I would LOVE too see is that they changed around on what ZEM different zones had. It would bring life to alot of abandonded zones and force players to explore.

Sorn
08-30-2015, 09:17 PM
The Crushbone orcs invade Kelethin and have to be beaten back by an army of newbies, only in-zone NPCs and people under level 15 can participate because everyone with more experience is in far away lands!

Zaela
08-30-2015, 09:32 PM

Low-quality 3D modelling is easier to get into than you might think. I know I was surprised how easy making half-decent weapon models was once I got a hang of the basics, speaking as someone with zero creative ability. Zones would definitely take some effort, but classic-style zones tend to have fairly simple geometry, and ultimately they'd probably just need one person to really get into it and become the zone design guru. Texturing is the only really "arty" part of the process, but those don't need to be very good quality either...

Actually getting custom models into the game is not too hard. Zones have some restrictions, but nothing the devs couldn't fix with the injector.