PDA

View Full Version : Bard kiting: an offer

DarthMartigan
08-31-2015, 09:19 AM
To all the druids and wizards out there: If you are leveling in Cobalt Scar and I come make a pull and you feel like I'm taking too many mobs, send me a quick tell then pull 4 off. I'll let you and I'll help you do it.

This morning someone got mad in CS and raged because I pulled a bunch of wyvs in the zone. There were three people in the zone when I started and one was kiting otters. There were still 4 drakes up and 4 wyverns, and i didn't take 4 more that popped while I was pulling. Even with the other mobs the person was very mad. They said that bards ruin Everquest. I get why this person was mad, even if I don't agree with all of it. I am sorry that I ruined their morning, even thought it was unintentional.

Bards suck sometimes. I've had times where I start a kite in BW and another bard starts in when I'm halfway done, but I'm just getting to the densely populated part of the map and the other bard came in and took it without even sending a tell asking if I was AE kiting (I know as a bard no one feels sorry for me for this). I try really hard not to impose on other players, even bards, while kiting. I didn't roll a bard with the knowledge of AE kiting, I rolled a bard because when I was fourteen I played a bard named Bartholomew that never made it past his first hell level. AE kiting has helped me level quick and I enjoy the challenge of it, but I don't want to do it at the cost of other players.

This is a long post to say that if you see me, Martygan, running around and I am taking mobs that you feel are yours while I am kiting, send me a tell and say "stop it" or ask to pull mobs off. I will gladly zone or run around you until you are ready to pull 4 off. If you are a PB AE person, I'd love to group up and take them all down together with you. The one thing I don't want to do is steal your mobs or ruin your mornings.

Swish
08-31-2015, 09:41 AM
This morning someone got mad in CS and raged because I pulled a bunch of wyvs in the zone. There were three people in the zone when I started and one was kiting otters. There were still 4 drakes up and 4 wyverns, and i didn't take 4 more that popped while I was pulling. Even with the other mobs the person was very mad. They said that bards ruin Everquest. I get why this person was mad, even if I don't agree with all of it. I am sorry that I ruined their morning, even thought it was unintentional.

People melting down over mobs :rolleyes: ...its just a game. OP seems like a good guy, stop trying to drag him down with you.

indiscriminate_hater
08-31-2015, 09:58 AM
Druids aren't real players anyways don't sweat it