PDA

View Full Version : Macro Bard

dragolyche
11-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Hellop everybody,

I started a bard and i don't know much this class. I have one question with the songs. Fisrt time, i seen that Command melody is not avaible in classic.

I try to make some macros for my songs. So, actually i do that:

/cast 1
/cast 1
/pause 80
/cast 2
/cast 2

With one macro, i cast two different songs.

Anyone have a best solution ?

If any bard could tell me how he did it ? :eek:

Ty, peace.:D

guineapig
11-09-2010, 12:49 PM
macros are for the weak.

You should be twisting 4-5 songs at all times by hand unless you are AFK or dead.

(Exception to the rule if you are the puller or CC).

Extunarian
11-09-2010, 12:56 PM
use /stopsong. Put pauses on the same line as casts (they should go BEFORE the cast command even though the pause is executed after...don't ask why). Use a delay of just over 30....80 is too long.

/stopsong
/pause 35, /cast 1
/stopsong
/cast 2

However I agree with guinea...you shouldn't rely on multi-song macros. The only thing I would suggest is make a hotbutton for each of your songs that is simply

/stopsong
/cast #

That way you won't have to double-tap your keys to stop singing and then start a new song.

Dr4z3r
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
/stopsong
/cast #

Make one for each song, 1-8. These are the ones you will use 9 times out of 10, if you're actually paying attention (and when you're the group's puller/cc/tank, you damn well better be paying attention).

You can macro up 2 songs by doing:

/stopsong
/cast 1
/pause 30
/stopsong
/cast 2

You can use a pause of 30. As it stands, it works every time.

You can combine some of the commands onto one line, but never enough to do 3 songs correctly with one macro, so it's there's no real advantage to gain from it. Additionally, the more songs you have per macro the less reliable it will be, and the more work you'll have to do every time you change the songs you have memmed.

Tork
11-09-2010, 03:23 PM
I actually find 'slurring' between keys easiest:

So, 1---12---23---34---41

I know it's more key presses, but muscle memory is hard to overcome. ><

Lyrik
11-09-2010, 03:25 PM
I actually find 'slurring' between keys easiest:

So, 1---12---23---34---41

I know it's more key presses, but muscle memory is hard to overcome. ><

I'm definitely a 1---22---33---44---11 person. (or in my case, 6---77---88---99---66)

dragolyche
11-09-2010, 04:55 PM
ty guys.

Mcbard
11-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Hellop everybody,

I started a bard and i don't know much this class. I have one question with the songs. Fisrt time, i seen that Command melody is not avaible in classic.

I try to make some macros for my songs. So, actually i do that:

/cast 1
/cast 1
/pause 80
/cast 2
/cast 2

With one macro, i cast two different songs.

Anyone have a best solution ?

If any bard could tell me how he did it ? :eek:

Ty, peace.:D

http://pro1999.com/macros.html

Extunarian
11-09-2010, 05:21 PM
It looks like people are still not making use of the ability to combine /pause commands with /cast commands on one line! Look at the possibilities!

Macro:
/stopsong
/pause 35, /cast 1
/stopsong
/cast 2
/gsay Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you.

Mcbard
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
It looks like people are still not making use of the ability to combine /pause commands with /cast commands on one line! Look at the possibilities!

Macro:

If you follow the article I linked that is noted. :P

Also for my own use I generally leave off the second /pause in all of my macros in case songs fail so that I don't have to sit around with my thumb up my ass waiting 3 seconds to cast another.

Extunarian
11-09-2010, 05:31 PM
If you follow the article I linked that is noted. :P

Also for my own use I generally leave off the second /pause in all of my macros in case songs fail so that I don't have to sit around with my thumb up my ass waiting 3 seconds to cast another.

Yeah I was kind of joking because there isn't a heck of a lot to do with that last line. On as caster I'd probably /sit.

Maybe sense heading? :cool:

Dr4z3r
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah I was kind of joking because there isn't a heck of a lot to do with that last line. On as caster I'd probably /sit.

O_O

Sense heading is going on EVERY MACRO as soon as I get home.

Mcbard
11-09-2010, 05:34 PM

Brilliant!

I usually have sense heading maxed by level 5 or so because I just bind it to 'D' (I used WASD to move) :P. I think forage is there now.. but it's annoying sometimes maybe I'll make one of those fancy forage macros that puts the item on your cursor into your inventory.

HMM

dragolyche
11-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Another question.

I get my fist instrument skill: Percussion.

So i bought an instrument, but i can t use it. I need to have instrument skill at lvl 18.

So how i could up my skill, if i can t use this instrument ?

Do i spend my skill points that i get each lvl ?

TY

Extunarian
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Another question.

I get my fist instrument skill: Percussion.

So i bought an instrument, but i can t use it. I need to have instrument skill at lvl 18.

So how i could up my skill, if i can t use this instrument ?

Do i spend my skill points that i get each lvl ?

TY

Umm...I think you're really missing something here.

Put a point into training Percussion. Buy a drum. Equip the drum in your secondary slot, and start playing Selo's. You should notice you're running much faster than you would playing selos without the drum.

dragolyche
11-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Umm...I think you're really missing something here.

Put a point into training Percussion. Buy a drum. Equip the drum in your secondary slot, and start playing Selo's. You should notice you're running much faster than you would playing selos without the drum.

yeah i bought a hand drum, but i can t equip it. My percussion skill is not enough higher. I need 18 into Skill to equip and i have 5.

So how io could up to 18 if i can t equip instrument ?

Twotone
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Uhm, the 18 you're seeing on the instrument is the modifier and not the skill required. You have to unequip your weapons and put the instrument into your secondary slot...

Dr4z3r
11-09-2010, 11:58 PM
yeah i bought a hand drum, but i can t equip it. My percussion skill is not enough higher. I need 18 into Skill to equip and i have 5.

You need to train percussion at the Bard trainer.

guineapig
11-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Just link sense heading to a&D. You will be at 200 sense heading in a day or two max.

You could also do the same thing with forage/ sense traps, etc. I never bother to add these to macros. But to each his own.

Droxx
11-10-2010, 01:47 PM

You can't have any items in primary or secondary, just the instrument, until much later on.

dragolyche
11-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Ok Ty all. It work now.

Trademaster
11-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Macro:/stopsong
/pause 35, /cast 1
/stopsong
/cast 2
/gsay Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you.

Oh the irony - while you run around knocking them down, and hurting them. You are my new hero.