PDA

View Full Version : Top weapons now?

renegadeofunk
09-01-2015, 07:25 PM
I stopped right before Velious and always wondered what the new top dps weapons are for each melee class now. Is it pretty much just primal velium all the way through?

Ele
09-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Primal you really use as a stepping stone or just for proc and swap back to better weapons.

for BIS look to:

Tunare weapons
Vulak weapons
Vyemm Fang
Claw of Lightning (Eashen) Best in slot offhand most classes.
Fist of Lightning (when they start dropping)
Wurmscale Fistwraps (when they start dropping)

fiveeauxfour
09-01-2015, 08:04 PM
I think wurmscale fistwraps are already dropping...?

Tasslehofp99
09-01-2015, 08:05 PM

Believe these dropped last week, not 100% though.

Ele
09-01-2015, 08:14 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yxvaIqI.jpg

bktroost
09-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Oh Ele found his new classic campaign!

azeth
09-02-2015, 07:06 AM
wurmscale fistwraps confirmed in game.

currently Vulaks rogue dagger is Mrylokar's Dagger of Blood (12/16)

a BIS rogue likely would wear:

Primary: Vyemm's Fang (13/17)
Secondary: Mrylokar's Dagger of Blood (12/16) or Claw of Lightning (14/18) -- it's a tossup.

Beyond the best, there's the Dragonspine Rapier (14/21) that fingerz & I use that destroys.

Once Mrylokar's dagger changes to Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance (15/19) that will clearly become the primary BIS item.

khanable
09-02-2015, 07:11 AM
Dps warriors shouldn't be a thing but if they were to be it would be Jaelens katana and probably claw of lightning (maybe golden braid of hair?). Would be fun to watch a warrior go precision with those on a 3 min+ fight

heartbrand
09-02-2015, 07:20 AM
I use Jaleans Katana main hand and blue epic off hand currently

Daldaen
09-02-2015, 09:30 AM
I use Jaleans Katana main hand and blue epic off hand currently

0 aggro procs because science? Really a shame that weapon didn't have an aggro proc.

I'm guessing warriors best combo will be Willsapper/Red Blade for the life of the server?

Vorkon
09-02-2015, 09:49 AM
I remember having a scepter of destruction that seemed to have crazy threat generation.

heartbrand
09-02-2015, 10:33 AM
0 aggro procs because science? Really a shame that weapon didn't have an aggro proc.

I'm guessing warriors best combo will be Willsapper/Red Blade for the life of the server?

I use that combo when I'm not main tanking. In PvE groups, I never have an issue with aggro. For raids, I still use the katana in off hand for stats because we dump a mallet into the Dragon. Even with 16 level 60 rogues you arent' losing aggro with WS main hand and Katana off hand after a mallet.

Daldaen
09-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Lol... 16 level 60 rogues... That makes me chuckle.

surron
09-02-2015, 10:49 AM
I remember having a scepter of destruction that seemed to have crazy threat generation.

warriors on eqmac would use double SoDs for great agro

then it would be SoD + BoC (but i guess our BoC will never have enraging blow)

bktroost
09-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Lol... 16 level 60 rogues... That makes me chuckle.

That's what I said on reading... Riiight.

Spyder73
09-02-2015, 01:30 PM
For the sake of argument lets say your not in <Rampage> - What's reasonably the best Monk weapons your going to be using? No Tunare sh!t, no North TOV.

From what I have seen the upgrades over SoS/Epic and Sky Fists are almost non-existant or so minimal its dumb

Daldaen
09-02-2015, 01:31 PM

SoDs, BoC+SoD, BoC+Hategiver, Cursed Blades, BoW, DBoW+EoE was the typical progression for tanks.

SoDs were okay but compared to BoC/Redblade or the Cursed Blades it wasn't even close. We would often lend out guild SoD/BoCs to app warriors who didn't have aggro weapons, they rarely held aggro with those loaners until they got a better aggro set (IE Cursed weaponry).

Daldaen
09-02-2015, 01:36 PM
For the sake of argument lets say your not in <Rampage> - What's reasonably the best Monk weapons your going to be using? No Tunare sh!t, no North TOV.

From what I have seen the upgrades over SoS/Epic and Sky Fists are almost non-existant or so minimal its dumb

Sky fists are it if you aren't raiding NToV, or Tunare.

In fairness those fists shouldn't even be in game. They were added halfway through Velious along with the rest of the sky upgrades. It was dumb that monks had such OP items in classic/Kunark.

burkemi5
09-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Somewhat related question-- someone told me that p99 would eventually get triple attack for monks, is that true? I'm a huge velious noob.

Daldaen
09-02-2015, 01:46 PM
At level 60 in 11 months.

koros
09-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Baton of Flame is top primary for damage for wars and rangers I believe. Braid of Golden hair does pretty nice damage over time and probably outdoes Claw of Lightning offhand.

Spyder73
09-02-2015, 01:58 PM
At level 60 in 11 months.

I wouldn't hold my breath - I think the chances of pre-luclin patch ever seeing the light of day and some of the upgrades towards the end of velious will never come.

Don't think triple attack or 2h Buff will ever get in game personally.

My bet is the last major content patch will be the fear/hate revamp, spawnable epic mobs, and the class updates to druids, ect.

They are trying to capture the spirit of Velious, not the ramp up to Luclin

Ele
09-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath - I think the chances of pre-luclin patch ever seeing the light of day and some of the upgrades towards the end of velious will never come.

Don't think triple attack or 2h Buff will ever get in game personally.

My bet is the last major content patch will be the fear/hate revamp, spawnable epic mobs, and the class updates to druids, ect.

They are trying to capture the spirit of Velious, not the ramp up to Luclin

I'll take the bet that they go all the way to the patch before Luclin drops including Chardok revamp.

khanable
09-02-2015, 02:16 PM

Isn't there a monk staff from vp? That might be decent dps?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about monk dps.

heartbrand
09-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Aggro is irrelevant for warriors. Everyone uses mallets for raid mobs.

Ele
09-02-2015, 02:26 PM

If you exclude the the Tunare/NToV loot, Monks get very little in the way of weapon upgrades in Velious and basically nothing if you have Wu's Fist of Mastery.

If you lack Sky fists:

Obtainable with arena armor farming:
Scepter of Mastery (http://wiki.project1999.com/Scepter_of_Mastery) in Kael

Obtainable with raid:
Hammer of Battle (http://wiki.project1999.com/Hammer_of_Battle) 17/25 primary only, from Statue of Rallos Zek

Good luck:
Neb's Warbone (http://wiki.project1999.com/Neb%27s_Warbone) (requires Vaniki Heart and Zlandicar's Heart)

As far as 2 handers go, if you have a Tranquil Staff, then Bo Staff of Trorsmang is only upgrade and comes from Nexona in VP/Kunark.

As Daldaen said on the previous page, Monk sky fists should have been for the last 5 years, and should still be for a few more months, 16/27 (Wu's Tranquil Fist) rather than the 16/22 (Wu's Fist of Mastery) that they have been for years.

koros
09-02-2015, 02:40 PM
If you exclude the the Tunare/NToV loot, Monks get very little in the way of weapon upgrades in Velious and basically nothing if you have Wu's Fist of Mastery.

If you lack Sky fists:

Obtainable with arena armor farming:
Scepter of Mastery (http://wiki.project1999.com/Scepter_of_Mastery) in Kael

Obtainable with raid:
Hammer of Battle (http://wiki.project1999.com/Hammer_of_Battle) 17/25 primary only, from Statue of Rallos Zek

Good luck:
Neb's Warbone (http://wiki.project1999.com/Neb%27s_Warbone) (requires Vaniki Heart and Zlandicar's Heart)

As far as 2 handers go, if you have a Tranquil Staff, then Bo Staff of Trorsmang is only upgrade and comes from Nexona in VP/Kunark.

As Daldaen said on the previous page, Monk sky fists should have been for the last 5 years, and should still be for a few more months, 16/27 (Wu's Tranquil Fist) rather than the 16/22 (Wu's Fist of Mastery) that they have been for years.

To boot, none of those outdamage epic primary hand (warbone might outdamage it with proc, but meh). Sceptre of mastery is a ridiculously marginal upgrade over SoS offhand. So yeah, there's not a lot of options outside of raid weapons.

To be fair... upgrading from epic wasn't supposed to be for casual players in Velious.

Charlievox
09-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Nothing beats my Dagger*

Mistle
09-02-2015, 02:49 PM

BoC had enraging blow on the beta server.