PDA

View Full Version : Venril Sathir Remains

am0n
09-04-2015, 01:25 PM
I was looking at the walkthrough for the Ranger epic and noticed a greyed out section talking about VS remains. Sounds like they are not implemented on P99. I am curious if they will be?

From this post:

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3083

It looks like the patch around 4/2001 mentions the remains. According to:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html

Velious came out Dec 6th, 2000 and Luclin Dec 4th, 2001. So, it seems like the remains either became or at least were part of Velious. However, I only ever played Classic EQ (pre-Kunark) in release, so can anyone more knowledgeable provide any insight?

Rararboker
09-04-2015, 01:28 PM
They will be added onto p99. Revel!

Ele
09-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Plan is to run through the patches up until the release of Luclin.

Epic revamps and VSR and increased spawn time on VS should be here in about ~3-4 months, if the timeline is followed.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1034801&postcount=6

am0n
09-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Thanks both of you!

maestrom
09-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Was there a mechanic to keep epic farmers from just farming VSR for the pulsing green stone? Or could just any ranger/druid show up and pop it for free stones to sell?

Ele
09-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Was there a mechanic to keep epic farmers from just farming VSR for the pulsing green stone? Or could just any ranger/druid show up and pop it for free stones to sell?

Nope, just takes a druid or ranger to do the turn-in and he doesn't drop anything else. The VSR spawned version of VS is weaker than the normal VS, but still procs the 1500 lifetap, so it still takes some effort to kill.

am0n
09-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Just makes me happy to hear it might be here in a few months. Gives me hope to some day have an epic!

Swish
09-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Ranger epics do look good I must say.

Daldaen
09-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Nope, just takes a druid or ranger to do the turn-in and he doesn't drop anything else. The VSR spawned version of VS is weaker than the normal VS, but still procs the 1500 lifetap, so it still takes some effort to kill.

How sure are you of this? I thought he didn't lifetap or if he did, he did it at a much lower frequency. I haven't done this part of the Druid epic in 2-3 years now probably, but I recall that part being a joke.

Varren
09-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Ranger epics do look good I must say.

Especially when held by slack, lifeless fingers

maestrom
09-04-2015, 04:18 PM

So like the undead bard, where you have to turn in a mostly completed epic first to spawn trak?

Daldaen
09-04-2015, 04:22 PM
No, you need a store bought cleric spell (30 plat) and a Dance of the Fireflies globe (level 1/9 spell summoned at night). That's it.

surron
09-04-2015, 04:44 PM
How sure are you of this? I thought he didn't lifetap or if he did, he did it at a much lower frequency. I haven't done this part of the Druid epic in 2-3 years now probably, but I recall that part being a joke.

I was probably the last druid to do epic on eqmac, he definitely procs it way less.

Me and an ench were able to duo VS from VSR via the rune/wotw trick, but got slaughtered every time we tried real VS

also me and a BL duo'd faydedar, not sure if he's any easier than real faydedar because i've only ever done druid spawned faydedar

btw this is lvl 65 ~30 aa's with low end pop gear, not even full ornate.

Ssouky
09-16-2015, 08:11 AM
We 1 grouped VSR on the Combines (2006 ?) with pick up 50+. So VS from VSR is definitly much much easier than VS.

Triggered Fay was the real deal though.

iruinedyourday
11-06-2015, 02:25 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Venril_Sathir_Remains

Im bumping this thread cus he's Triggerable now.

So whats the deal? Anyone duo him yet?

come on wimps! Lets see some solo artist challenge grand-masters shake things up!

arsenalpow
11-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Triggered VS wiped our single group attempt. That lifetap is still no joke.

Triggered Trak seems like the usual full blow Trakanon encounter.

Haven't done triggered Fay yet so I'm not sure.

dafier
11-06-2015, 02:31 PM
From what I remember about Live when taking on that life tap was a ton of pet classes spamming pets on him while everyone nukes him down. Tank and spank was MUCH more difficult.

Man0warr
11-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Rune spells blocked NPC procs on Live too, which made VS/General much easier.

maestrom
11-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Does rune not block lifetap here?

arsenalpow
11-06-2015, 03:13 PM
It's ridiculous crazy absurd threat on p99 so rune is likely to rip aggro off the tank. This is why bladestoppers are so valuable on p99.

Ele
11-06-2015, 03:16 PM
NPC can proc on ripo. Make sure only the tank is in front, evasive, and runed.

Man0warr
11-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Does rune not block lifetap here?

I'm sure it blocks the damage, but on Live I'm pretty sure having Rune on prevented the proc itself. SoE mostly got rid of procs from raid bosses though and just made more AEs.

It's just one of those things that wasn't implemented here, like Fire pets being immune to fire AEs which allowed tanking of RakAshiir and Queen in Chardok.

iruinedyourday
11-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Triggered VS wiped our single group attempt. That lifetap is still no joke.

Triggered Trak seems like the usual full blow Trakanon encounter.

Haven't done triggered Fay yet so I'm not sure.

how many did you need to down him after that?

maestrom
11-06-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm sure it blocks the damage, but on Live I'm pretty sure having Rune on prevented the proc itself. SoE mostly got rid of procs from raid bosses though and just made more AEs.

It's just one of those things that wasn't implemented here, like Fire pets being immune to fire AEs which allowed tanking of RakAshiir and Queen in Chardok.

Ahh.

I was never the tank or a runer so I know if I ever knew about the damage component of it. I do know, however, that when our runers fell asleep at the wheel, VS was almost impossible to kill because his lifetap would heal him for any amount not absorbed by the rune.

Edit: That actually lines up with what you said. Maybe the rune was blocking the proc completely and I just never noticed. hmm.

arsenalpow
11-06-2015, 03:53 PM
how many did you need to down him after that?

We wiped, then he despawned like 15 minutes later. These triggered dudes operate more like Captain who despawned after a period of time, and less like Ragefire who will stand there forever once triggered.

Man0warr
11-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Ahh.

I was never the tank or a runer so I know if I ever knew about the damage component of it. I do know, however, that when our runers fell asleep at the wheel, VS was almost impossible to kill because his lifetap would heal him for any amount not absorbed by the rune.

Edit: That actually lines up with what you said. Maybe the rune was blocking the proc completely and I just never noticed. hmm.

Yeah I think a proc either needed a hit or a miss to trigger, but Runes have a different message.

You still had to keep spamming Rune because of the melee damage stripping it off.

On P99, generally you can't spam rune because it causes a ton of hate. VS usually needs a warrior running Evasive Disc and a bunch of DPS to counteract the few procs that make it through.

iruinedyourday
11-06-2015, 05:36 PM
We wiped, then he despawned like 15 minutes later. These triggered dudes operate more like Captain who despawned after a period of time, and less like Ragefire who will stand there forever once triggered.

how does the de-spawn work, after agro list is cleared a timer starts ticking down? (I am kind of asking in general.. but also wonder about this particular mob)

Man0warr
11-06-2015, 06:11 PM
As soon as the timer has passed (20 min for Triggered Trakanon/VS), if the mob isn't on someone's aggro list, it depops.