PDA

View Full Version : 39 cleric gear questions...

hedbonker
11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I need to upgrade the following:

BP, waist, back, arms, feet, fingers

My wis is currently 176 (not sure if that is good at my level or not...)

I ain't rich. Any reasonable suggestions would be great :)

TIA!

Shiftin
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
that's excellent wisdom for your level imo.

you need to be thinking about long term upgrades as you move into your 40s, not a ton of scattered marginal upgrades.

I don't know your financial situation, but i would save for some golden efreeti boots as you basically won't ever replace those, even with ethereal mist.

ethereal mist BP and legs are very much best in slot for a long time, so unless you have banded on or something, i wouldn't go crazy trying to find an inbetween item.

platinum jasper rings are great and relatively cheap for your fingers.

You'll want a reed belt or girdle of the diligent for your waist.

I went straight from plat armband to ethereal mist arms on live, so i don't know what there really is inbetween. I wouldn't stress about them if you have plat armband already.

have you done the aegis of life quest? if you haven't, it makes a great back slot item if you already have a good secondary. otherwise, molten cloak works.

hedbonker
11-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I have half of the Aegis of life done but I need the undead part now and no way I can solo that dude.

OK so Ethereal Mist BP and arms - GEBS are a long ways off unless I get in that camp I suspect as they are very pricey... I have bronze on feet and arms now. Feathered leggings that were given to me...

Thanks for the suggestions - VERY useful! Ethereal mist is a ways off too since I am not planar capable...

Shiftin
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
You're 39, people will be donating for resses. Also, you'll be hunting in sol b where fine steel rains from the sky. Get in there and get your fair share, vendor it, and save up for the stuff you need.

It's just a fact of the game that certain items are best in slot and there is very little that compares (GEBs for example).

If you have bronze arms, grab a platinum armband from EC - should be a cheap upgrade.

You should absolutely be able to solo undead grimrot with root and your undead nukes at 39 or 40.

If you dont' expect to be in a guild that clears hate, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1301 gatorscale legs are reasonable.

Feel free to chat me up in game if you don't have an older cleric friend in your guild to mentor you. I played a cleric from release through PoP on live.

SVentura
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Not sure if you're one of the three races that can use these (Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome), but the quest for Acolyte's Anklet is fairly easy and quick if you've got a druid/wizard buddy.

It's not an amazing upgrade, but +2 wis in my mind is better than no wis.

The quest starts in Rivervale and just in case it wasn't obvious - they go on your feets.

~Olly the Druid~

hedbonker
11-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks a ton!

I played a cleric on live from 2003 to 2008 but I was in a raiding guild...

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/705546

All the low level stuff has long faded from this halfler's memory. She was 85 and had a ton more AA when I retired her. I think her final mana pool was around 20K or so... Go go mudflation!

hedbonker
11-10-2010, 05:05 PM
On the anklet quest - has anyone done this on P1999? I followed this text:

You say, 'Hail, Gapeers Johhanis'

Gapeers Johhanis jumps at your voice, he's obviously very focused on a set of beakers on the table. They seem to be holding samples of rotted flesh. Gapeers says, 'Oh my heart! You could have stopped it! Please be careful when entering these chambers. It would be unfortunate if I had dropped and broken these [specimens].'

You say, 'What specimens?'

Gapeers Johhanis turns to explain the specimens when he accidentally knocks over the beakers. He sucks in a short breath as the beakers crash to the ground, ruining the samples. As Gapeers's skin loses color he says, 'OH NO!! No, not my specimens!! Now what am I to do?! I needed those badly! You did this! You [owe] me now!'

You say, 'Owe What?'

Gapeers Johhanis says 'You bet you do! You big clumsy Half Elf! These were the remains of unfortunates who were drowned. Not only were they drowned but their bodies clung to life and refused to settle. Products of the horrendous curse of unlife. I'll need you to find three [special samples] of drowned and cursed flesh.'

You say, 'What special samples?'

Gapeers Johhanis's eyes widen as he realizes you actually might intend to help him. His voice becomes raspy with desperation as he says, 'Oh! Wonderful....uuhhmmm.... well ....You'll need to find undead creatures found in the waters of three different climates. One from a tropical ocean. One from the muddy and slow moving river of a jungle. And one from the stagnate and polluted water of a city's sewer, Freeport would be ideal. Will you really [do this for me]?'

You say, 'I will do this for you.'

Gapeers Johhanis says 'Oh thank goodness! Thank you so much, ______! Those old specimens were much to ancient anyway, fresh ones will help in my mission to heal those who were unfortunate enough to drown and become cursed. If you bring back the three samples I have a little something you might like. Although it will only fit and be of use to one who heals as a profession and is small of stature like myself. Good luck!'

But he does not respond to the second text "Owe What" in any incarnation that I can think of...

Shiftin
11-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Just turn in the 3 items..? It's not like you're trying to get him to give you a container to put them in.

hedbonker
11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
k will do

Thanks again.