PDA

View Full Version : Green99 - Are you ready to go green?

maskedmelon
09-08-2015, 08:18 AM
With the infrequent talk of a potential recycle server (Green99™) over the past year or so and Velious now fully upon us, I thought it a prudent time to gauge community interest/readiness for such a server ^^

Varren
09-08-2015, 08:59 AM
I want a recycle server because I'd like to experience classic from the start, not for the above reasons. Would love to see a recycle red server. Red+green=? Brown?

maskedmelon
09-08-2015, 09:10 AM
I want a recycle server because I'd like to experience classic from the start, not for the above reasons. Would love to see a recycle red server. Red+green=? Brown?

Yeah, I realized I could have included another couple of options after I submitted the poll. Fortunately, we have Bush to help us out with that ^^

I think a recycle red server sounds interesting, but could suffer from population deficiency. I included purple99 as an option though for those awaiting a teams server ^^

jaybone
09-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Can't take this seriously since you decided to joke about something where thousands of people died. OP is a huge fire giant.

Swish
09-08-2015, 09:41 AM

All in on brown 99, I'd play a culturally enriched erudite paladin.

Expediency
09-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Why would anyone want a new server right now? Velious just dropped. On live there was a year before a new expansion after that. Ask again in 11 months.

Laugher
09-08-2015, 10:06 AM
#99purplebrowngreen2019

It would be cool if a different ruleset might be considered since it's not permanent anyway but will probably end up playing regardless.

maskedmelon
09-08-2015, 10:29 AM
#99purplebrowngreen2019

It would be cool if a different ruleset might be considered since it's not permanent anyway but will probably end up playing regardless.

I'd like to see a FV teams style server personally ^^, but would be happy w/ Green if it's what comes next ^^

Swish
09-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Heard a whisper that they want to put a discord server in for a while before Recycle comes around... just a whisper but from an interesting source.

1-60 no range limit pvp, full item loot, perma death!

https://media.giphy.com/media/PchB2WgP1aKc0/giphy.gif

captnamazing
09-08-2015, 12:05 PM
I only play like a couple of times a month so it really doesn't matter to me. I'd probably have fun rolling on a fresh server though!

applesauce25r624
09-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Red+green=?

= christmas = more velious for everybody ! even you heathens !

Daldaen
09-08-2015, 01:13 PM
What color 99 involves Luclin and PoP?

Gold99? For the Golden Age of EQ?

Such glorious raid mechanics, Tradeskills, quests and group zones. WTB PoP.

baalzy
09-08-2015, 02:31 PM
It'll be 2 years easy before a recycle server is viable lol. What with all the planar revamps & Stonebrunt ect?

Not to say I won't be happy when it happens, but I'm good with things the way they are now.

Gumbo
09-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Can't take this seriously since you decided to joke about something where thousands of people died. OP is a huge fire giant.

I agree...

What does a server recycle have to do with "Bush's jet steel doesn't melt towers?"

baalzy
09-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Gumbo / Jaybone.

It's a long standing p99 boards tradition whenever a Poll is created to include a 'Bush / Towers' reference (seen much more commonly in R&F threads).

Welcome to the boards.

indiscriminate_hater
09-08-2015, 03:03 PM
i thought this was about Greengrocer's imminent Tupac-style resurrection

myriverse
09-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Green sounds too tree-hugger to me. Do not want.

Ele
09-08-2015, 03:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FSZOg9I.gif

http://i.imgur.com/55IMyk5.gif

Issar
09-08-2015, 03:23 PM
I enjoy blue and even red to some extent, but I am really excited about green since I was like 5 years late to the P99 party. Playing in twinkless groups and progressing toons in a pre Kunark world was my favorite part on live.

jarshale
09-08-2015, 03:27 PM
If you make a joke about 9/11 the terrorists win.

myriverse
09-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Why interrupt my fun here with fun over there? Just don't get it. The economy of a server never really influences my fun.

Wiery
09-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Why interrupt my fun here with fun over there? Just don't get it. The economy of a server never really influences my fun.

EconomyQuest? No thanks.

iruinedyourday
09-08-2015, 06:19 PM
I'd like to see a FV teams style server personally ^^, but would be happy w/ Green if it's what comes next ^^

I prey that green will be teams!

and yes Id like to wait a little longer and enjoy velious for a year before we go green.

Fanguru
09-09-2015, 08:52 AM
So red already has low population, and you want another pvp server to spread out that population? /boggle

*waits for the 2 people about to jump and say "we're on blue and would play teams-pvp", grabs popcorn*

Toodles
09-09-2015, 11:07 AM
It's pretty obvious a lot of players want a reboot and that it's possible to happen,

Real question(s) is, what exactly will it be ?

No MQ
No pre equipping epics
No recharge items
No variance
Proper hit boxes
Proper AC (including weight penalties)
Proper flat damage aggro/proc threat generation

And the rest like blue ...

Maybe I overlooked a few things, though that's what I'd want to play.

am0n
09-09-2015, 11:11 AM
My hope is that green is a day 1 blue with all of the things they've managed to work into blue and that they do it soon. If I invest much more time on the current blue server I'd be much less likely to swap to a fresh server.

wormed
09-09-2015, 01:22 PM
It's pretty obvious a lot of players want a reboot and that it's possible to happen,

Real question(s) is, what exactly will it be ?

No MQ
No pre equipping epics
No recharge items
No variance
Proper hit boxes
Proper AC (including weight penalties)
Proper flat damage aggro/proc threat generation

And the rest like blue ...

Maybe I overlooked a few things, though that's what I'd want to play.

Unfortunately, some of those changes aren't classic. I think they'd be great though. Would love all of that except maybe recharges. As a Paladin, comon! I can't be buying Larrikan's Masks and Ring of Shadows all day!! :mad:

Shrubwise
09-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Heard a whisper that they want to put a discord server in for a while before Recycle comes around... just a whisper but from an interesting source.

1-60 no range limit pvp, full item loot, perma death!

fully erect rn

azeth
09-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Green interests me only on the assumption that we will have a good long time of current blue99 for the purpose of outing even the most hidden and minuscule of bugs and any non-classic ness. Then green would be released to follow the exact live timeline.

maskedmelon
09-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Green interests me only on the assumption that we will have a good long time of current blue99 for the purpose of outing even the most hidden and minuscule of bugs and any non-classic ness. Then green would be released to follow the exact live timeline.

That was the implied intent of Green ^^ and I don't expect it to be out anytime soon, since there are still issues to be resolved and along with the original discussion of a potential Green, it was indicated that Velious would have its time first ^^

Dac321
09-10-2015, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't mind rerolling on a server like Sullon Zek.

JurisDictum
09-10-2015, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't mind rerolling on a server like Sullon Zek.

TBH, I would be far more interested in starting a fresh PvP server than a PvE server. I never played a PvP server from launch in EQ. I have on other games and I got to tell you, the experience is night and day from starting when the server is years old.
I think if the "green 99" idea was implemented for the PvP server every 4-6 years or so, we would eventially see a full and lively Red 99 main server. It is better to get outplayed by another undergeared character, than it is to get plowed by someone with a huge stat advantage because they played the server far more than you.

Issar
09-11-2015, 02:39 PM
TBH, I would be far more interested in starting a fresh PvP server than a PvE server. I never played a PvP server from launch in EQ. I have on other games and I got to tell you, the experience is night and day from starting when the server is years old.
I think if the "green 99" idea was implemented for the PvP server every 4-6 years or so, we would eventially see a full and lively Red 99 main server. It is better to get outplayed by another undergeared character, than it is to get plowed by someone with a huge stat advantage because they played the server far more than you.

It seems to me that EQ pvp is better in a teams format. While I'm a huge mmo pvp fan in general, I never got into it in EQ. So, that's more of an outside observation. Weren't the devs contemplating a teams server at one point?

Swish
09-11-2015, 02:54 PM
It seems to me that EQ pvp is better in a teams format. While I'm a huge mmo pvp fan in general, I never got into it in EQ. So, that's more of an outside observation. Weren't the devs contemplating a teams server at one point?

Yes its in the distant distance...a discord server is closer, 1-60 pvp, full item loot, perma death, training allowed, etc etc.

KasaderSZ
09-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Sullon Zek style team PvP FTW. Add in the PvP coins too, but keep them useless just like in classic. A bank full of deity coins is the only bank I have use for.

maskedmelon
09-12-2015, 07:52 PM
Yes its in the distant distance...a discord server is closer, 1-60 pvp, full item loot, perma death, training allowed, etc etc.

Is this Secrets' server, or something Rogean/Nilbog were planning?

Swish
09-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Is this Secrets' server, or something Rogean/Nilbog were planning?

Definitely something under the P99 banner, I'm hoping something official appears in the announcements section at some point :)