PDA

View Full Version : The Runnyeye Report

captnamazing
09-09-2015, 02:38 PM
The Runnyeye Report

http://i.imgur.com/mdbo7ES.jpg

It is well known that the Clan Runnyeye is the most powerful goblin clan of Antonica. For decades they have issued forth from their dark citadel to raze the surrounding lands. Only by the strength of the halflings has their destruction been stopped. Thousands have died along the ancient wall in the Thicket.

My own attempts to parlay with the Goblin King, seeking restitution and treaties, have always ended poorly. At first, I assumed he just hated me… but even when I came bearing great treasures from my personal coffers, hoping to buy peace for even a year, the Goblin King and his elite bodyguards would attack me.

How many times have I staggered from the Citadel, carrying the bodies of those brave halflings who went by my side?

In the Erudin Library I found an interesting tome titled The Story of Ankexfen. From these musty pages I discovered the truth about the goblin race. They are a broken species, once great in might of magic and sorcery. It is said that they were responsible for tearing open great portals between the Planes when Rallos Zek led his army. But, as we all know, Zek was defeated. The ogres were crippled by idiocy, the giants rendered dumb, and swept across the face of Norrath… the goblins however… they lost the most. Their stature was diminished – their minds broken – from a glorious race they were reduced to a hunchbacked species of rat-eaters.

The victorious gods split the Ankexfen (named as they were after their progenitor, Hazed Ankfexen) into the four goblin clans. They were placed carefully across Antonica. Their minds were shattered in the Light of the Gods and in the autism of terror, they forgot their powerful history, forgot that there were other goblin clans…

But the gods, having some mercy, bestowed to the goblins the shattered staff of the Ankexfen. Each clan received one part of this once great weapon. And, just like the race of goblins, the last artifact of their greatness was reduced to petty magics.

In my travels I have seen two of these staves. In the castle of Solusek’s Eye, I slew a goblin and took from him the staff of fire. In the ice of Permafrost, I examined the ice staff of a freshly slain alchemist. But, not knowing their true history, I tossed them on the ground, as they are little more than sticks of prestidigitation.

So why hadn’t I seen the slime crystal staff? My adventures pursuing this weapon are worthy of another Report, which I will send in only if requested…

I found my answer at the end of a long and bloody road. The midday sun over the Gorge of King Xorbb found me with an Evil Eye Lord in my thralldom, thanks to the Puppet Strings I had acquired from the corpse of Cazic-Thule. Here is what I learned…

In their earliest emergence, the Goblin King commanded raiding parties to attack both Rivervale as well as venture through the Gorge to the west and raid the farms of Eastern Karana.

King Xorbb took notice, watchful as he is. He sent emissaries to parlay with the Goblin King. Beguiling the foolish monarch, the Evil Eyes convinced the King to part with his slime crystal staff, convincing him that they would restore it to its full power, and thus make him a Great and Powerful Warlock.

With the slime crystal staff in his possession, King Xorbb bent his will upon the Citadel. The magical properties of the artifact made Xorbb’s task rather easy – and within a matter of days he had dazed and confused the entire Clan Runnyeye. He then sent in three of his trusted acolytes, who dwell still in a private chamber in the Citadel. These evil eyes keep the Clan deep under a spell of thralldom, erasing their minds and even convincing them they are free of the will of the evil eyes, by giving the goblins one of their own to “imprison.”

What King Xorbb intends to do with this dangerous weapon is unbeknownst to me. The charm spell I had cast upon the evil eye faded, and it boiled and popped like a piece of corn. However, as long as the Clan Runnyeye is under the spell of King Xorbb, we must expect continued assaults on Rivervale. It is possible that Xorbb will refocus his efforts on the Karanas – or perhaps his designs are to keep the Clan in check, disallowing them to increase their might - but we must plan for the worst.

And so it is that the Clan Runnyeye, once the greatest and most feared of all goblins, fell twice – first to the will of the gods – and then to their own foolish hubris to reclaim the greatness of their past.

Caladbolg
09-09-2015, 03:14 PM
10/10 nice jerb m8

phacemeltar
09-09-2015, 03:18 PM
rip greengrocer

Evia
09-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Man are really good at this! You should do one for the 'unknown ' lore mobs in qeynos hills(Hadden/Pyjin or whatever the gnome necro) while utilizing strange quest items that nobody has found uses for. Please fix my broken immersion! =p

Kekephee
09-09-2015, 04:32 PM
rip greengrocer

http://i.imgur.com/ybiQcT0.jpg

seaneseor
09-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Love it, great job.

captnamazing
09-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Man are really good at this! You should do one for the 'unknown ' lore mobs in qeynos hills(Hadden/Pyjin or whatever the gnome necro) while utilizing strange quest items that nobody has found uses for. Please fix my broken immersion! =p

Yes, give me more suggestions like this. Both Nillipuss and Runnyeye were asked for by a forumquester. Otherwise I'll just write about how Rivervale is the best society on the face of Norrath for seven thousand pages

Slayerofalot
09-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Awesome stuff

Something on splitpaw and something on the dwarves in CC would be my requests

Kekephee
09-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Yes, give me more suggestions like this. Both Nillipuss and Runnyeye were asked for by a forumquester. Otherwise I'll just write about how Rivervale is the best society on the face of Norrath for seven thousand pages

After we finish Filbus in the Underworld can we write a utopian Rivervale story

And a dystopian Erudin story to balance it out or something

kaev
09-10-2015, 01:50 AM
After we finish Filbus in the Underworld can we write a utopian Rivervale story

Plastering over the dank corruption that seeps thru the very veins of Rivervale with your utopian fairytales cannot save you. Filbus' throne of pretension will collapse, its rotted supports unable to bear even his diminutive weight. Who then will hold the minions of Innoruuk in check? That handful of half-grown scouts quaking in fear at the least of unexpected sounds as they skulk in the shadows of Nektulos?

You must face the creeping darkness. Already the corruption that moves within so many of those who claim to be your allies and supporters begins to sap your own strength. The web of lies spun by the Greengrocer touches more than you yet imagine. How long have you ignored the simple truth that it is not a grocer who renders meat? That is the work of a butcher! A butcher so brazen that he openly recruits minions to fetch him halfling carcasses to render into repasts for his lieutenants! Can Filbus really have explored the horrors of Najena without seeing the gory connection? Whose eyes are being dazzled and confused by what dark magics here?

Shjade
09-10-2015, 03:29 AM
Yes, give me more suggestions like this.

Allizewsaur.

Kekephee
09-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Plastering over the dank corruption that seeps thru the very veins of Rivervale with your utopian fairytales cannot save you. Filbus' throne of pretension will collapse, its rotted supports unable to bear even his diminutive weight. Who then will hold the minions of Innoruuk in check? That handful of half-grown scouts quaking in fear at the least of unexpected sounds as they skulk in the shadows of Nektulos?

You must face the creeping darkness. Already the corruption that moves within so many of those who claim to be your allies and supporters begins to sap your own strength. The web of lies spun by the Greengrocer touches more than you yet imagine. How long have you ignored the simple truth that it is not a grocer who renders meat? That is the work of a butcher! A butcher so brazen that he openly recruits minions to fetch him halfling carcasses to render into repasts for his lieutenants! Can Filbus really have explored the horrors of Najena without seeing the gory connection? Whose eyes are being dazzled and confused by what dark magics here?

I hope you don't mind if I put "selling meat is not the work of a grocer- it is the work of a BUTCHER" into Greengrocer's file for future use, because god damn do I love that

Kekephee
09-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Allizewsaur.

Yes please

Roguejm11
09-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Well done sir, well done.