PDA

View Full Version : Green99 - Ambitions in Norrath

maskedmelon
09-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Given the large showing of support for Green99 in our last poll, I thought I'd follow it up with a thread in which we could share what we are looking forward to most about a fresh server. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons beyond global categories listed above to be excited, so share your thoughts too!

Brut
09-12-2015, 10:02 AM
New fresh servers are always dope, just because everyone starts out in rags. Getting hype when you pick up a magic weapon is awesome.

Ele
09-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Quiting my job and locking down all the content to claim server firsts.

Tuljin
09-12-2015, 10:51 AM
The way all the nerds on this server play there will already be guilds that will carry over from the current Blue guild shitshow with strategically planned class rolls and will probably shit up a brand new server right from the get go. Gotta be "top dog" you know

myriverse
09-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Nothing whatsoever excites me about Green99, even the idea there's more Blue for me.

Why would "new" 16-year-old elf pixels excite me?

Tuljin
09-12-2015, 11:23 AM
The same way "new" 16-year old expansions that peoplle have been raiding on a beta server for over a year excite the dorks here.

Champion_Standing
09-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Quiting my job and locking down all the content to claim server firsts.

indiscriminate_hater
09-12-2015, 11:34 AM
This idea is stupid and so are you. Stop trying to make this happen. 1 star

myriverse
09-12-2015, 12:21 PM
The same way "new" 16-year old expansions that peoplle have been raiding on a beta server for over a year excite the dorks here.
Velious really isn't the same thing. And that didn't even excite me in 2000.

Green is just more of the same stuff we already got.

Messie
09-12-2015, 12:51 PM
There is far too much animosity on these forums as of late. Let's all take a step back and remember that we are why this community is a positive one. In a era of online gaming surrounded by many nasty and impersonal games and their communities, this is one of the last bastions of good vibes. Let's keep it that way.

That being said, I would play on a new server! But I'd level at a snails pace, unfortunately. I wish I had the spare time to devote to the race to 60!

Swish
09-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Corpsing 4-5 guise of the deceivers so that nobody else can have any without paying huge amounts of plat... what about you guys?

Mesenkomaha
09-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Let's get EQOA up and running before another P99 server.

maskedmelon
09-12-2015, 07:16 PM
This idea is stupid and so are you. Stop trying to make this happen. 1 star

Ohhh so that was you ^^ Sorry you feel that way IH ^^ I am not trying to make anything happen though. This was announced as a consideration a while ago. I am just excited about it since I wasn't here at launch and quite a few more classic changes have been implemented since then anyway and i am looking to generate discussion. If it gets scrapped, it gets scrapped ^^, but I'll definitely at least check it out if it happens. I am much more interested in seeing a teams server though ^^ and will be exploring that topic in the future ^^

Swish
09-12-2015, 07:40 PM
People always look ahead - I remember endless Velious threads with everyone demanding dates, timelines, etc.

NegaStoat
09-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Voted Other - I'm certain that by now the server staff have had many moments of "Man, if we could have done X differently it would have made things so much better", involving server policy, mechanics, or simply being freed from the "we MUST make this server a pristine classic experience, warts and all" fetter.

Nilbog & Rogean probably have a shitton of ideas. I'm really curious to see the things they have in mind.

SyanideGas
09-12-2015, 08:40 PM
I like most of these options, really. Wouldn't be such an awful thing with a fresh start. I'd be game.

SCB
09-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Nothing whatsoever excites me about Green99, even the idea there's more Blue for me.

Why would "new" 16-year-old elf pixels excite me?

Don't take this the wrong way but you seem like you're super depressed lately.

Huggz
09-13-2015, 03:20 AM
Wipe and go baby!

Let's have the challenges back. BiS is boring.

Origin
09-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Will play.

myriverse
09-13-2015, 07:38 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but you seem like you're super depressed lately.
Nah. I've never understood what's so special about being the first to experience something. "New servers" have always had zero appeal to me. But this is compounded by the fact I don't see what Green99 really offers that's worthwhile and can't be experienced on Blue. The economy of Blue is not something that needs to affect your play, at all.

Having a blast on Blue. Well... as big a blast as one can have playing with 16 year old pixels. And with those old funky models.