PDA

View Full Version : Fungi's

Extunarian
11-11-2010, 05:09 PM
I was just thinking about this as I looked at the pricing data on Alla vs what we buy/sell for on p1999:

What did fungi tunics go for on your server during kunark/velious/luclin?

And what do you think they'll sell for here on p1999? (allowing several months for prices to normalize a bit....god knows what they'll go for in the first few weeks)

go.

soulzek
11-11-2010, 05:17 PM
when will we expect them to be nerfed? or will that not happen on this server

Twotone
11-11-2010, 05:57 PM
He's asking about tunic, not staff.

I want to say they went for around 60k on Povar when prices normalized.

azeth
11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Fungi's went for 30k on Rodcet when Velious was fresh. cannot at all remember the starting price when kunark dropped.

Ponden
11-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I remember seeing Fungis range from 75k-300k between Kunark and Luclin.

Toehammer
11-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I remember seeing Fungis range from 75k-300k between Kunark and Luclin.

Wow, that seems really high. I would find people selling them for ~45k and then find someone buying for about 60. Was never able to sell one above 60. After doing that 3 times or so I bought my own (and an incarnadine bp for my war). I personally bought and sold at least 5-6 fungis, erollisi marr server, and stopped playing at the start of PoP. Going rate was always about 60k (the cheaper ones were people unloading quick). However, I expect them to be higher on this server, as FBSS was 5k, yak was about 3k... prices on this server are nuts

Extunarian
11-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I expect them to be higher on this server, as FBSS was 5k, yak was about 3k... prices on this server are nuts

Yeah that is what I'm thinking... but it's easier (in my mind) for a Yak to jump up to 7-9k since it isn't *too* difficult to get another 3k or so. But I just don't know if something already as expensive as a fungi will be able to make the 200-300% jump in price that FBSS/Yaks did compared to their live prices.

Toehammer
11-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah that is what I'm thinking... but it's easier (in my mind) for a Yak to jump up to 7-9k since it isn't *too* difficult to get another 3k or so. But I just don't know if something already as expensive as a fungi will be able to make the 200-300% jump in price that FBSS/Yaks did compared to their live prices.

yeah, i agree... also i guess prices on yaks went way down too... remember around velious/luclin i would see em anywhere from 800-1.5k since kunark and velious weapons had flooded the market

my personal expectation is that it stays under 100 once people actually sell them; i fully believe that they won't even sell the first couple months, since people will be gearing up twinks with fungis, lamentations, kunark class armor etc...

with kunark, i am mostly interested to see the KC trains :) "Oh no our AoE group has 50 mobs... mage down mage down... choo choo... zone wipe" KC was certainly high risk high reward when i played

SirAlvarex
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM
On Tunare, a little bit after Velious was released (when I played), the Tunic sold for between 10-20k. I remember getting one for 10k on a twink troll Warrior.

Other items I remember:
SSoY ran for about 800
Lamenation was 1-2k
Cloak of Flames I remember being 60k+

That's all I can remember. Makes me feel like they were uber cheap on Tunare, though...

ShivanAngel
11-11-2010, 07:34 PM
On Fennin Ro they ran about 20-25k once velious had come out.

Remember that until luclin it was the kings common drop.

oldhead
11-11-2010, 07:48 PM
On Cazic Thule they ran 150k ish when they first came out... by Velious they were just starting to drop from 75k standard to 55k. By PoP they where.... 30k ish.

I would expect them to follow same suit here... perhaps with a lower starting price cus everyone one knows they arnt REALLY worth 150k so nobody except the "very rich" will be willing to pay the top dollar for the convenience of getting it first. They should flat line at about 30k ish relatively quickly which should be about their true value

Can never tell 100% tho... the market is driven by supply and player demand.

oldhead
11-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Wow, that seems really high. I would find people selling them for ~45k and then find someone buying for about 60. Was never able to sell one above 60. After doing that 3 times or so I bought my own (and an incarnadine bp for my war). I personally bought and sold at least 5-6 fungis, erollisi marr server, and stopped playing at the start of PoP. Going rate was always about 60k (the cheaper ones were people unloading quick). However, I expect them to be higher on this server, as FBSS was 5k, yak was about 3k... prices on this server are nuts

you neglect to mention the era...

Prices on yaks and FBSS are lower on this server than they were in classic of the same time period on Cazic Thule.

FBSS is getting close to 10k now. It didnt hit 10k till well past kunark when everyone was getting alternative and better haste items from raids.

Extunarian
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
On Tunare, a little bit after Velious was released (when I played), the Tunic sold for between 10-20k. I remember getting one for 10k on a twink troll Warrior.

Other items I remember:
SSoY ran for about 800
Lamenation was 1-2k
Cloak of Flames I remember being 60k+

That's all I can remember. Makes me feel like they were uber cheap on Tunare, though...

I also played on tunare around that time, and I remember lower prices like that. I didn't want to post them because I thought my memory was playing tricks on me. I'm betting we won't see much priced around those levels on this server.

Deezie
11-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Pretty sure standard price on The Nameless during Velious was 18k

SirAlvarex
11-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I also played on tunare around that time, and I remember lower prices like that. I didn't want to post them because I thought my memory was playing tricks on me. I'm betting we won't see much priced around those levels on this server.

Haha, glad someone else remembers like I did. I was hesitant to post for the exact same reason you gave.

Was Tunare a newer server post-velious? Newer-server, less PP in fluctuation. I mean, I don't ever recall seeing a manastone for sale...

Sparkin
11-11-2010, 11:24 PM
No Tunare wasn't a newer server, and fungis were much higher priced there during Kunark. I don't remember exactly, I'm sure in the 50-75k range at least.

Darkrainhunter
11-12-2010, 01:29 AM
I remember 60k for the fungi tunic during Kunark on Tunare. Ahh to be back in Gbay on old Tunare, seems so odd to buy and sell in EC.

Extunarian
11-12-2010, 01:35 AM
I remember 60k for the fungi tunic during Kunark on Tunare. Ahh to be back in Gbay on old Tunare, seems so odd to buy and sell in EC.

No kidding, though as an evil race I prefer EC.

citizen1080
11-12-2010, 02:53 AM
65kish in velious era on both luclin and FV iirc...been awhile

yaeger
11-12-2010, 03:33 AM
I expect the price to be much higher.

A guild will probably set up a perma-camp at the drop, just rotate members in and out to hold the camp until they have a stockpile of em.

Then another guild will eventually take over and repeat.

Jenni D
11-12-2010, 03:43 AM
I played Tunare also, and i always remember the tunic being 25k - and that was before Velious was released.

RKromwell
11-12-2010, 03:50 AM
I honestly don't remember how much they were on Xegony. I was always poor and stayed out of the trade zone unless I had reason to go there. I do remember paying 4k for a FBSS. A guild mate gave me a couple Yaks so I never paid for them.

nickyboy1981
11-12-2010, 04:24 AM
i played on tunare and also miss gbay as a market, can never be arsed running to fp bank.

Lagaidh
11-12-2010, 09:57 AM
On the Rathe, the common price through Kunark was 60k. In Velious it became a standard unit of currency at about 50k.

Other observations of classic on my live server the Rathe:
- FBSS was another standard unit of currency: 8k.
- GEBS were not quite a currency unit. They could fluctuate betwee 8-10k with 8 being uncommon.
- A Yak was in the 5-6k range.
- AoN were always 200k+ with 250k not being uncommon. Man I wish I could xfer my amulet from live. I loved being a skeleton paladin.
- CoF usually ran 50-75k. I saw a person auctioning for one here in the past week willing to pay 600k. Hory chit, mang!

I think prices on this server run higher because folks know how to squeeze platinum out of the land coming into the game. In live, it took the general population a while to learn how to earn enough pp to engage in the purchase of highly sought after items. I didn't get my FBSS until the launch of Kunark.

Vonkaar
11-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Pretty sure standard price on The Nameless during Velious was 18k

that sounds about right to me

SirAlvarex
11-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I miss GBay too... EC Tunnel is nice and all, but it still feels kinda weird after all those years doing my buying and selling in GFay. In fact, my WE Druid has hardly even returned to Kelethin since heading to Qeynos.

Less homely without all that spam :(

Messianic
11-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Fungi's went for 30k on Rodcet when Velious was fresh. cannot at all remember the starting price when kunark dropped.

This is accurate.

Mcbard
11-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Around 40-60k from what I remember on Tarew Marr.