PDA

View Full Version : Discord server recap

Oleris
09-18-2015, 11:07 PM
RECAP: Some stuff might change

Classic only (no kunark/velious/planes).

full character loot including no trade.

anon/role will be on for health of the server.

300-500% xp bonus.

no beastlords/iksars.

top 5-6 win. free title and maybe a couple winners get free xfer with full items. Will check items so no 10x manastones etc will be transferred.

no level cap on player kill.

training is allowed

no cheats allowed

minimal csr support

maybe random load in spots for new characters.

maybe disable pvp until level 2.

unsure if disabling guards to assist when players attack players nearby.

hybrid xp penalty will be in since classic era.

might disable grp xp bonus to prevent from too much teaming.

no global OOC

zone name on/level when person dies.

hoping for October release

legacy drops in

no safe zones

Swish
09-18-2015, 11:13 PM
Also some of that was just ideas, not "bringing stones down from the mountain" as Sirken put it... so consider it a solid blueprint rather than 100% "this is happening" stuff.

iruinedyourday
09-18-2015, 11:31 PM
this is gonna be a fuckn blast guys omg

Visual
09-18-2015, 11:54 PM
step 1 aoe with bard to 40 on day 1
step 2 grind out 40-50 on day 2
step 3 wait to collect prize

?

jcr4990
09-18-2015, 11:54 PM
this is gonna be a fuckn blast guys omgWill be fun for 1-2 days til neckbeards zerg team their way to 10+ lvl leads on the rest of the server and massacre everyone. Then it'll stop being fun. Only part I don't like about this server is the no lvl cap on PvP. You have literally no chance if you can't play 18 hrs a day.

?
Step 1.5 Get rooted cause u have no MR
Step 2 Die

Oleris
09-18-2015, 11:55 PM

?

1 death on bard trying to swarm and you start over....

iruinedyourday
09-18-2015, 11:58 PM
If you are playing to win, and upset that a zerg does then /shrug you already have lost.

Im just going to have a fucking blast in my own world trying to stay alive in this twisted norrathian zombie apocalypse

Try to stay as far away from the zergzombies as you can. Build a home for yourself in the outskirts, hidden, protected, safe.

jcr4990
09-18-2015, 11:58 PM
I will literally make it my life mission to root any bard that even attempts to AoE kite anything ever. I'm sure I'm not alone. Good luck Bards. You might have to play your class the way it was intended to be played :P

iruinedyourday
09-19-2015, 12:01 AM
Since legacy items will be in, how many folks u think are going to be feelin good, in the lead, makin gains and then manastone themselves to death and then:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/59479496/large.gif

Oleris
09-19-2015, 12:07 AM
If you are playing to win, and upset that a zerg does then /shrug you already have lost.

Im just going to have a fucking blast in my own world trying to stay alive in this twisted norrathian zombie apocalypse

Try to stay as far away from the zergzombies as you can. Build a home for yourself in the outskirts, hidden, protected, safe.

I will camp in your hut in freeport and wait for you to gate or log in there.

kaev
09-19-2015, 12:10 AM

I will take deep satisfaction in knowing your attention is focussed on this special needs server and not anyplace I'm playing.

iruinedyourday
09-19-2015, 12:12 AM

just please dont roll an enchanter charm my wife!

Bristlebaner
09-19-2015, 01:11 AM
Training in...can't wait.

Tasslehofp99
09-19-2015, 02:14 AM
This is gonna be good.

captnamazing
09-19-2015, 02:34 AM
Since legacy items will be in, how many folks u think are going to be feelin good, in the lead, makin gains and then manastone themselves to death and then:

LOL

I'm pretty excited for this. Too bad I can't take a bunch of time off to really go Hard!

Clark
09-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Any death needs to be permadeath. PVE death has to count, don't set this up just for zerg nerds to win. Keep it classic don't custom spin it bad.

Skillslam
09-19-2015, 10:05 AM
What are the employment/obesity requirements to stand a chance here?

Manticmuse
09-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Disable /who would be good right?

Champion_Standing
09-19-2015, 10:29 AM
A 300-500% bonus but hybrid penalty still in? That is just pointless.

Champion_Standing
09-19-2015, 10:37 AM

I can't wait to get a guise!

Calibix
09-19-2015, 11:31 AM
I will literally make it my life mission to root any bard that even attempts to AoE kite anything ever. I'm sure I'm not alone. Good luck Bards. You might have to play your class the way it was intended to be played :P

You jelly bro?

redhorse
09-19-2015, 01:39 PM
This sounds like everything I would not want in a server. Is this supposed to be temporary? If it's perpetual it sounds horrible. If its temporary it sounds like a waste of time. However, for you's that wish to play on such, enjoy!

Oleris
09-19-2015, 01:52 PM
This sounds like everything I would not want in a server. Is this supposed to be temporary? If it's perpetual it sounds horrible. If its temporary it sounds like a waste of time. However, for you's that wish to play on such, enjoy!

It will be temporary and the staff said they might have a couple different resets with rewards depending if stuff needs fixed or changed.

fiveeauxfour
09-19-2015, 05:38 PM
We should all agree to RP this server! Omg how awesome would it be to defend qeynos, wage battles across the karanas, dominate faydwer!

meh or we could just train everyone

Nefarum
09-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Hybrid penalty really just screws over those classes, both in terms of their ability to progress and also to find allies. For the sake of the game I hope they remove it.

astronaut
09-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Winner of live discord server is the founder of League of Legends. The server was very fun. But brutally challenging. It's not for permanent enjoyment. Just a test of pvp prowess.

Oleris
09-19-2015, 10:38 PM
Hybrid penalty really just screws over those classes, both in terms of their ability to progress and also to find allies. For the sake of the game I hope they remove it.

I asked if there was any chance that casters would get less XP hit and melee's would get more XP due to this server type and they said no. I'd expect ton of casters and druids/shaman's.

Swish
09-19-2015, 11:20 PM

I'd expect to see some hybrids in group set ups, play what you like.

astronaut
09-20-2015, 12:13 AM
I asked if there was any chance that casters would get less XP hit and melee's would get more XP due to this server type and they said no. I'd expect ton of casters and druids/shaman's.

Lowbie shaman. The pvp powerhouse. Hahaha

Sirken
09-22-2015, 01:18 AM
in case anyone missed the discussion with Rogean and Nilbog, heres the link: https://youtu.be/mMZLka0sGhE

jcr4990
09-22-2015, 02:57 AM
Winner of live discord server is the founder of League of Legends. The server was very fun. But brutally challenging. It's not for permanent enjoyment. Just a test of pvp prowess.Really? Source? Surprised I never heard about that.

Edit: Found an old P99 thread archive where somebody was talking about it as well. I guess Tryndamere was one of the 5 winners. Pretty cool :)

hillgiantchamp
09-22-2015, 01:22 PM
I can't wait to get a guise!

I played back when this server first opened and when guises dropped. I personally refused to get one because I thought there was nothing lamer then seeing all 40 people in your raid as a DE. There was no purpose in creating a DE was just bad for the image of the game. Happy they nerf this quick.

Swish
09-22-2015, 01:43 PM
I played back when this server first opened and when guises dropped. I personally refused to get one because I thought there was nothing lamer then seeing all 40 people in your raid as a DE. There was no purpose in creating a DE was just bad for the image of the game. Happy they nerf this quick.

The player mindset now is different though, you don't camp it because you want it... you camp it because it sells for a lot of plat and allows you to twink 5 alts and then solo content designed for groups :p

Gooch
09-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Really? Source? Surprised I never heard about that.

Edit: Found an old P99 thread archive where somebody was talking about it as well. I guess Tryndamere was one of the 5 winners. Pretty cool :)

Tryn was 5th or 6th. Searyx won and was from TZ too. I believe the rest of the winners were from the same guild. Last I heard (2013?) they never got their rewards.

Gooch
09-22-2015, 02:14 PM
Also, should not allow roleplay/anon. People should be encouraged to hunt each other and hunt the top people.

Happy
09-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Should make it so that when people die, they respawn as a zombie first, before resetting.

Teppler
09-22-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm in for this. Discord server might be the most fun I had in classic EQ even though I don't think I made it past level 10 ever and I got buttraped by hackers.