PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics of mob resistances & Level

Frieza_Prexus
11-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Forgive me if this is posted somewhere, and I missed it.

I seem to remember a hard cap in the number of levels a mob could be over you before your spells were guaranteed to be resisted. IIRC, if a mob was 6 levels over you, your spells would always be resisted (excepting lifetaps).

Does this still apply here, or is there some other formula for determining the auto-resist cap? Or am I completely off my rocker?

Dentalplan
11-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I can guarantee the 6 levels thing isn't the case here, as I've successfully kited mobs 7-9 levels above me. The resist rate is bad enough that it's not really worth it, but it's doable.

Lyrik
11-12-2010, 11:47 AM
If you're lumping bard songs in, I've been able to kite Level +9 mobs with intermittent resists/half hits.

Yoite
11-12-2010, 12:46 PM
there was some thread a few months ago of a druid soloing things way above his lvl, like HGs at some low lvl, and like Allizar at only 34 or something. It took him forever but he had a crazy tactic about running and sitting just when the med tick was about to hit and only using his best two dots...but ya anyways, dont think the resist check is in place that you are remembering.

Uthgaard
11-12-2010, 12:55 PM
The 6 level limit was never really a 6 level limit. It was a misconception that was really 1.25 times your level.

This used to be referred to in EQ folklore as the "Six Level Limit" (It was actually 1.25 times the caster's level, but more people likely thought about it the other way.) This means that in the vast majority of cases, there is at least a small chance that a person will be able to connect a spell with an NPC, even if they are out of that NPC's traditional level range. (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020904.html)

Messianic
11-12-2010, 02:29 PM
there was some thread a few months ago of a druid soloing things way above his lvl, like HGs at some low lvl, and like Allizar at only 34 or something. It took him forever but he had a crazy tactic about running and sitting just when the med tick was about to hit and only using his best two dots...but ya anyways, dont think the resist check is in place that you are remembering.

I managed to solo Timbur the Tiny as a level 13 ranger.

I used a LOT of arrows and flame licks.

Nazran
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey Frieza! Good to see another Prexian!

Uthgaard
11-12-2010, 03:05 PM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12000