PDA

View Full Version : Shaman epic prospects for a casual P99er?

BahamutDF
09-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Couple of things here; I used to raid back in the day and I raided on Fippy back on live (2011ish). The only epic I've ever completed is my warrior epic on Fippy (<3) so I have an idea of what it takes to get them done. That said, we all know Shaman epic is one of the easier ones, certainly compared to my warrior epic (where I had a raiding guild backing me). The problem is that back on Fippy I was out of work recovering from an injury and had nothing but time, now I'm lucky to be able to play 3 days a week.

How viable is it to get the Spear of Fate as a Shaman without the backing of a powerful guild on this server? I'm assuming with enough grinding I can buy the MQ to stuff I wouldn't be able to do on my own?

Don't get me wrong, if it really comes down to it I can certainly find a way to grind out some 8 hour sessions here and there, but on average I don't believe I'll ever raid on this server or apply to a raiding guild as I can't see myself having the time. That may or may not change in the future, but either way an important aspect of me playing here is the desire to eventually get my Shaman epic. Is this a realistic goal for me?

Thanks guys.

GinnasP99
09-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Tears are MQ'd all the time and the black dire fight for the boots is easy with like a 60 monk and cleric to help (finding 2 people to help you for like 30 minutes isnt the hardest thing ever) You shouldn't worry to much, you could be playing necromancer =)

webrunner5
09-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Probably easier than you think. :cool: Not a walk in the park, more luck than anything,ergo, Ask on Forums for help.

"Right Place, Right Time thingy" , but not that hard on a scale of 1 to 10. I give it a 7. :)

Rararboker
09-20-2015, 01:02 PM
A 7? True, if the scale is 1=hardest and 10= easiest.

Shaman epic is ridiculously easy.

Baler
09-20-2015, 01:36 PM
30k pp = 10 difficulty
Not Guilded & no bank roll = 2 or 3 difficulty

It's really unfortunate that there are people who care more about plat number pixels then seeing other players have a good time.
That being said, If you keep asking the guild who is up to do that plane and there happens to be no other shaman who needs the tear it is viable. Then you have to get people together to kill the iksar which is not terribly difficult if you can find people all on the same schedule.
Shaman epic is all about Faction,.. Faction with players.

Conky
09-20-2015, 09:24 PM
I have a 60 shaman with epic, I never raid, Im not in a guild, I rarely have more then 2-3 hours of time to play so I dont group much which is why I made a shaman.
I bought the tear MQ for my epic as well as help for the final fight, I spend most of my time soloing dungeons and rare spawns for cash and twinking low level characters to level in different zones and doing different quests and exploring.
You can have a lot of fun playing P1999 even if you cant play 24/7.

Shjade
09-21-2015, 02:24 AM
You shouldn't worry to much, you could be playing necromancer =)

*sheds enough tears over this for several shaman to get their epics* ;.;