PDA

View Full Version : Stormfeather - Iceclad.

RedXIII
09-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Hi guys and gurls.

I am here to ask/propose that since GM Sirken ruled that Stormfeather is now a camp (correct me if i am wrong), can we please remove the variance from it and make it classic again? since its no longer a FTE socking festival...

Thanks.

astronaut
09-21-2015, 07:24 PM
shits not classic

brunt-fca
09-21-2015, 08:24 PM
I camped a full day and a half straight no sleep for him back in the day. Almost got ksed by an SK when he popped but a Wiz friend happened to be visiting me and helped. That spawn is a real bitch and I pity anyone willing to do it.

Kowalski
09-21-2015, 09:56 PM
This shit is def classic

Sirken
09-22-2015, 01:18 AM
Stormfeather was always considered a camp. players tried twisting it into an FTE mob to suit their own needs.

at no time in the history of EQ (on any server) has Stormfeather been treated like a raid target.

this wasn't a rule change, this was a rule enforcement. there's a difference.

ridiculousmoose
09-22-2015, 05:06 AM
Doesn't it call out FTE? It should be a camp, and I'm glad that that is finally being enforced.. but it seems a little harsh to say it was 'twisted' when it was calling out who engaged it first like a raid mob. Gave people some ammo to argue that it was intended to be a first to engage mob and without a GM popping up and telling how it is everyone just went along with what seemed to be the intention.

Daldaen
09-22-2015, 07:45 AM
The problem with making Stormfeather a camp Sirken, is that he is an 18 hour spawn with chance to skip.

Players who want the camp must stay online the whole time. If you're in the list 3-4 deep you must keep your character online for 6-7 days straight. Do you not see this as an issue for just completing a simple quest?

Swish
09-22-2015, 08:55 AM
The problem with making Stormfeather a camp Sirken, is that he is an 18 hour spawn with chance to skip.

Players who want the camp must stay online the whole time. If you're in the list 3-4 deep you must keep your character online for 6-7 days straight. Do you not see this as an issue for just completing a simple quest?

Tough, shit's classic.

People wait at Hadden for hours, they do the OOT AC for hours, if you don't want to camp you're in the minority as this server thrives on people camping items to sell in EC.

World of Warcraft needs subscribers if you want something easy.

Samoht
09-22-2015, 10:58 AM

Sounds classic. No reason to shit on the people camping it because you cannot be bothered to man up like the rest of them.

It was so easy you quit the Nostralious server because you couldn't take the PVP.

bktroost
09-22-2015, 11:04 AM

There is no list for Stormfeather at any given time. If there is someone sitting there you go away and come back.

If you are currently holding the camp for stormfeather and someone inquires about a list, it is for their own personal health that you tell them that there is no list and check back later.

Swish
09-22-2015, 11:10 AM
It was so easy you quit the Nostralious server because you couldn't take the PVP.

Taking a break to let the masses go by isn't quitting, I guess it might look that way though...lets not make yet another thread personal. Back to Stormfeather.

OfftuneRZ
09-22-2015, 11:16 AM
A good fix for this could be playing on the Red server. You could PvP anyone attempting to camp Stormfeather.

Daldaen
09-22-2015, 11:34 AM
Unless they're between level 30-55 and out of your range. I guess if you have a level 60, 52, 44, and 36 character parked to PvP...

No list means a cluster if 2 people are sitting there when the current camp holder gets a Stormfeather.

Suggesting you need to man up and be at a camp logged in for 7 days straight and have to mold your schedule to maybe a 2-4AM window on a Wednesday if that's when your turn is up... Lol... More like Neckbeard up.

This was better as an FTE. People showed up for the window, clicked a bit and if they lost or it didn't spawn they would come back in 18 hours. If the new window was during hours they work or sleep they figure out timer and come back at a better time for them.

Making this a camp was dumb. It's a roaming outdoor mob with variance.

But I digress, I have no interest in the mask for any of my toons. Just painful to read about camping a stupid mob for 6 days when it shouldn't be like that considering all the other roaming outdoor mobs with variance.

Samoht
09-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Suggesting you need to man up and be at a camp logged in for 7 days straight and have to mold your schedule to maybe a 2-4AM window on a Wednesday if that's when your turn is up... Lol... More like Neckbeard up.

That's definitely not the smartest way to approach camping it, but if you cannot think of anything else, then I guess anyone desperate enough to go through that would be extremely happy once they finish the eye patch.

Pringles
09-22-2015, 11:37 AM
I dont think this would even be a question if SF didnt FTE shout. FTE shout implies its an FTE mob, not a camp. Remove FTE message if its to be treated as a camp. Same for Lodi if thats the case.

Erati
09-22-2015, 11:48 AM
I dont think this would even be a question if SF didnt FTE shout. FTE shout implies its an FTE mob, not a camp. Remove FTE message if its to be treated as a camp. Same for Lodi if thats the case.

well Lodi is apparently is a raid mob you have to bring to 'camp' after engaging which is dumb bc he is a fun duo with part of the strat kiting him in circles around the shaman as they stick a slow.....then when slow lands u keel him

Pretty disappointing scene at Lod upon server up on Sunday....hopefully it wont be the norm

Kileras
09-22-2015, 11:51 AM
well Lodi is apparently is a raid mob you have to bring to 'camp' after engaging which is dumb bc he is a fun duo with part of the strat kiting him in circles around the shaman as they stick a slow.....then when slow lands u keel him

Pretty disappointing scene at Lod upon server up on Sunday....hopefully it wont be the norm

it used to be a couple small groups of us, but as of recently people have been rolling out with 20 members and its kinda nuts.

Erati
09-22-2015, 11:53 AM
it used to be a couple small groups of us, but as of recently people have been rolling out with 20 members and its kinda nuts.

be warned if he is engaged to the gnolls - there wont be yellow text and its wild west at Lodi lol

Swish
09-22-2015, 12:09 PM

lol

Rararboker
09-22-2015, 12:11 PM

That was added to make it easier to tell if someone is trying to KS. CSR staff needs as much help as they can get considering some players here.

Yukkers
09-22-2015, 12:23 PM
at no time in the history of EQ (on any server) has Stormfeather been treated like a raid target.

At no point in the history of EQ (on any server) has Stormfeather had a variance.

Swish
09-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Stormfeather was always considered a camp. players tried twisting it into an FTE mob to suit their own needs.

simp403
09-22-2015, 12:39 PM
No reason to shit on the people camping it because you cannot be bothered to man up like the rest of them.

I don't think that constitutes "manning up". It's more like "turbonerding out".

RedXIII
09-22-2015, 12:43 PM

this wasn't a rule change, this was a rule enforcement. there's a difference.

Yep, i agree with you bud. Thing is, since now people been threating it as a camp and the FTE message is gone... No reason to have a variance. Dont you agree?

Variance is to avoid socking fesfival/jav spamming. Since its now a camp, no reason to maintain the variance. - thats what my post was all about.

Thanks for reading.

Man0warr
09-22-2015, 12:50 PM
I don't know about variance, but Stormfeather could definitely skip a spawn.

nilbog
09-22-2015, 02:13 PM
At no point in the history of EQ (on any server) has Stormfeather had a variance.

Stormfeather doesn't have a variance.

Yukkers
09-22-2015, 02:14 PM

Is this new? I know he skips but from my logs there was +/- 1 hour.

bktroost
09-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Unless they're between level 30-55 and out of your range. I guess if you have a level 60, 52, 44, and 36 character parked to PvP...

No list means a cluster if 2 people are sitting there when the current camp holder gets a Stormfeather.

There should never under any circumstance be 2 people sitting there behind someone who is camping it. Ever. Did you both arrive at the same time? At literally the same moment to sit behind the current camper? Then /random.

Don't make this difficult. If the stupid bird is camped go elsewhere and enjoy the game. If it is camped by one person and you have 19-38+ hours to wait before you can take the camp then I GUESS you could sit there? But to have any more than one camper and one person behind him is insane. To assume a list is even more insane.

RedXIII
09-22-2015, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the clarification. Love yall.

nilbog
09-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Is this new? I know he skips but from my logs there was +/- 1 hour.

I see. I responded before checking (oops), because Stormfeather doesn't behave the same as database spawned npcs (where variance is handled). It does actually have a variance on respawn handled in a script.

That being said, the comments on allakhazam include several discussions about variance:

Ok. Just did stormfeather 7 times. 6 Were in a row . 33 +/- 3 hours.
Killed Stormy many times over a 2 week span (getting eyepatch for alts and guildies) his spawn times is roughly 28 hours, +/- 3 hrs he always took at least 26 hours to spawn and as late as 31.Just killed Stormfeather 2 spawns in a row. Kills were 35 hours, 48 minutes apart. this seems to match the idea of 32hrs +/- 2 hours or so.his spawn does seem to be around 29-31 hoursUsing the 31+/- hours theory, I'm sitting there right on top of SF spawn point. He spawns a full 2 hours ahead of schedule, I Harm Touched him, dead. He spawned 26-28 hours after his previous death.
Those were some comments I found on the first 2 pages for Stormfeather. Perhaps people can research further, and if evidence is found, I can edit the script. If there should be a variance, what we have right now is too short.

Swish
09-22-2015, 02:58 PM
If there should be a variance, what we have right now is too short.

oh my, lol... be careful what you wish for

http://www.reactiongifs.com/lol/leprechaun-.gif

Man0warr
09-22-2015, 03:14 PM
I see. I responded before checking (oops), because Stormfeather doesn't behave the same as database spawned npcs (where variance is handled). It does actually have a variance on respawn handled in a script.

That being said, the comments on allakhazam include several discussions about variance:

Those were some comments I found on the first 2 pages for Stormfeather. Perhaps people can research further, and if evidence is found, I can edit the script. If there should be a variance, what we have right now is too short.

During Velious era, I always thought it was accepted that he was 18-19 hour spawn and could skip a spawn. Maybe there was some variance thrown into that 18 hours or something else wacky like if he skips his 18-19 hour spawn then he has another chance in 12 hours (which lines up with the 30-31 hour you see cropping up a lot in older comments).

One of the comments from 2003 is a guy who camped it 4 spawns in a row, right after a patch/server up:

1st spawn 32:19 hours:min
2nd spawn 32:12 hours:min
3rd spawn 19:08 hours:min
4th spawn 31:58 hours:min

Erati
09-22-2015, 03:15 PM
During Velious era, I always thought it was accepted that he was 18-19 hour spawn and could skip a spawn. Maybe there was some variance thrown into that 18 hours or something else wacky like if he skips his 18-19 hour spawn then he has another chance in 12 hours (which lines up with the 30-31 hour you see cropping up a lot in older comments).

this exactly - people were adding the time before last + skips to get him around 30 hours after the previous pop

ridiculousmoose
09-22-2015, 03:15 PM
There should never under any circumstance be 2 people sitting there behind someone who is camping it. Ever. Did you both arrive at the same time? At literally the same moment to sit behind the current camper? Then /random.

Don't make this difficult. If the stupid bird is camped go elsewhere and enjoy the game. If it is camped by one person and you have 19-38+ hours to wait before you can take the camp then I GUESS you could sit there? But to have any more than one camper and one person behind him is insane. To assume a list is even more insane.

The problem is on this server people will just hand it off to their buddies forever if there isn't a list...

Swish
09-22-2015, 03:42 PM
The problem is on this server people will just hand it off to their buddies forever if there isn't a list...

:rolleyes:

bktroost
09-22-2015, 03:53 PM

I don't believe this is a legitimate fear. There are only so many buddies that can actively sit there for 19 hours-38 hours at the drop of a hat. It may happen once or twice in a row but I severely doubt that one entity will dedicate the resources to keeping that on lock for a week or more.

Do what is right for the server. Stop the madness and this list craziness. Go play EQ, it's a fun game when we don't obsess.

William_Munny15
09-22-2015, 04:10 PM

This was better as an FTE. People showed up for the window, clicked a bit and if they lost or it didn't spawn they would come back in 18 hours. If the new window was during hours they work or sleep they figure out timer and come back at a better time for them.

But I digress, I have no interest in the mask for any of my toons. Just painful to read about camping a stupid mob for 6 days when it shouldn't be like that considering all the other roaming outdoor mobs with variance.

He'll neckbeard for dragons or MQ's, but GOD DAMNIT NOT STORMFEATHER ARGGGHHHH

maestrom
09-22-2015, 04:22 PM
What about an FTE message on AC in South Ro?

Crawdad
09-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Stormfeather skipped spawns on live and was a camp. Shouldn't be able to camp it without Lodi piece imo.

buddies forever if there isn't a list...
if there isn't a list...
isn't a list

Wipe it clean.

Swish
09-22-2015, 05:52 PM

It's bad when you have to sacrifice classic because of player behavior.

Huggz
09-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Wipe it clean.

Rogean (rightfully) doesnt want to deal with DDOS attacks and nerd rage griefing.

100% wipe though.

pyroglyphix
09-22-2015, 06:25 PM
It's bad when you have to sacrifice classic because of player behavior.

Newish (less than 1 month on P99) player here, I just started looking for the AC in Sro.

What exactly is the etiquette here? I'm very familiar with how to spawn the AC, and the placeholder cycle.

Does this basically mean I can sit in the zone cycling placeholders for hours only to have someone pop in and kill the AC out from under me?

Since I'm a monk and don't have Jboots and can't really afford to burn SoW potions all the time, it's a very real possibility that I wouldn't be able to run and tag the AC the instant he spawns. Am I better off just waiting and trying for it in OOT?

Rararboker
09-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Ac sro will spawn even if you arent killing PH's. He overwrites the current spawn *if* he is going to spawn that night.

Man0warr
09-22-2015, 07:30 PM
OOT AC is a camp, SRO AC is FTE.

pyroglyphix
09-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Ac sro will spawn even if you arent killing PH's. He overwrites the current spawn *if* he is going to spawn that night.

So you're saying I'm wasting my time clearing placeholders, I should just look for him every time night rolls around?

OOT AC is a camp, SRO AC is FTE.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Rararboker
09-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Yes, you have been wasting your time. It is why I get a laugh when people complain about this like clearing the PH's entitles them to the spawn. Happens a lot in Sro.

pyroglyphix
09-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Yes, you have been wasting your time. It is why I get a laugh when people complain about this like clearing the PH's entitles them to the spawn. Happens a lot in Sro.

So was this changed specifically for P99? Because that's not how his spawn worked on live.

Southpaws
09-22-2015, 09:14 PM
So was this changed specifically for P99? Because that's not how his spawn worked on live.

AC in Sro is different here than on live. AC is a completely independent spawn. Makes no difference what anybody kills. If AC is going to spawn he will spawn regardless of what has or hasn't been killed at the predetermined time. Ignore the wiki it is outdated and wrong.

pyroglyphix
09-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the clarification and dropping of knowledge bombs, you guys have saved me a lot of unnecessary work. Cheers =)

Icecometus
09-23-2015, 05:09 AM
While we are on the subject, Lodi should not be on the same script as Stormfeather and after camping him for 3 weeks it is clear he IS on the same script. Lodi should be a 12 hour respawn with some variance.

bktroost
09-23-2015, 08:33 AM
While we are on the subject, Lodi should not be on the same script as Stormfeather and after camping him for 3 weeks it is clear he IS on the same script. Lodi should be a 12 hour respawn with some variance.

You will not be given a shred of acknowledgement until you create a thread in the technical forum. That's how it works.

RevengeofGio
09-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Tough, shit's classic.

People wait at Hadden for hours, they do the OOT AC for hours, if you don't want to camp you're in the minority as this server thrives on people camping items to sell in EC.

Or if you have a job or life. Thank god this server is free :) right?

If you think parking a character and waiting for hours is hard then life is going to be rough.

Swish
09-23-2015, 10:07 AM

"Please make the item I want more accessible"

webrunner5
09-23-2015, 10:45 AM
"Please make the item I want more accessible"

Heh, so true. Man I remember back in like 2001 sitting there for like 3 days, it skipped a spawn, straight before I got it. :p I thought I would have a Heart Attack before it happened. :( Worse damn Spawn I ever camped. :eek:

Ennewi
09-23-2015, 11:43 AM

Laughed when I first learned about this. Sad-funny considering how many times it worked, /telling random "snipers" to help clear or please leave. Whole zone to self, but at the cost of clearing green cons over and over and it doing fuck all apparently.

pyroglyphix
09-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Laughed when I first learned about this. Sad-funny considering how many times it worked, /telling random "snipers" to help clear or please leave. Whole zone to self, but at the cost of clearing green cons over and over and it doing fuck all apparently.

It's an improvement in my mind, but somewhat surprised since everything else on the server is so close to original spec.

Icecometus
09-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Just looking for some backup on making SF classic, troll away if you must. It's sad I have to be the one to make the post in the technical forums when there must be hundreds of people that remember killing Lodi twice a day with NO skips. One trip to Alla makes it clear that Lodi is a 10+ hour spawn and has never been tweeked. People were still going for Eyepatches in 2006 it seems.

Ele
09-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Just looking for some backup on making SF classic, troll away if you must. It's sad I have to be the one to make the post in the technical forums when there must be hundreds of people that remember killing Lodi twice a day with NO skips. One trip to Alla makes it clear that Lodi is a 10+ hour spawn and has never been tweeked. People were still going for Eyepatches in 2006 it seems.

There are already a number of threads regarding Lodizal and Stormfeather's timers. Please contribute.

Regarding Lodizal, there seems to be some support for a post-2001 change to his spawn timer.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119778
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160464
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185032
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207799
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172507

Icecometus
09-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Looks like there IS evidence to support Lodi as coded, I will demure.

Toodles
09-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Tough, shit's classic.

Actually no, people don't do AC for hours. They bugger offline or to alts that you cannot reach(or sometimes can reach) and then expect to be in the list still eight hours later(even after they missed their turn), meanwhile other people actually form a physical line.

I haven't been by AC in a while however that's how I remember it is handled on this server. In short, those who do it frequently try to manipulate how the camp is run and believe they can remove, add and change the list how they see fit.

It also doesn't help that Rogean's comments and Derubael's rules are in contradiction. with one another.

bktroost
09-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Actually no, people don't do AC for hours. They bugger offline or to alts that you cannot reach(or sometimes can reach) and then expect to be in the list still eight hours later(even after they missed their turn), meanwhile other people actually form a physical line.

I haven't been by AC in a while however that's how I remember it is handled on this server. In short, those who do it frequently try to manipulate how the camp is run and believe they can remove, add and change the list how they see fit.

It also doesn't help that Rogean's comments and Derubael's rules are in contradiction. with one another.

Lists and lines are the bottom-barrel dumbest thing on this server--right there with having to poopsock. IF someone is there waiting for someone to finish their camp then go away. Go play EQ. It's a fun game when you play it, I promise. I know most people tend to forget as they stare at the back of some other player's helm in a line, but when you fall asleep and wake up later to find that the "list" moved on without you it gets hard to remember why you play EQ. Everqueue is not how this game should be played.

simp403
09-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Lists and lines are the bottom-barrel dumbest thing on this server

Lists seem pretty cool to me if done properly. Unfortunately people tend to fuck it up.

I just participated in my first list with the AC camp last night and I got wrapped up in some drama because someone told me another person cut the line (likely to sic me on that individual), but I ended up talking it out with that person and it ended fairly well, at least from my perspective. I made the mistake of picking a fight with this person without getting the entire picture, and once they told me the whole scenario, I tried to work things out with them. Granted, I still disagreed with them on some points, but I explained my disagreements while also recognizing the things they said that I agreed with and we reached an understanding.

Later that night I ended up getting the camp after two people ahead of me were offline right when I was going to run and get something to eat (I did not expect to get the camp that night at all to be honest). I took up the camp, but then I started getting a headache from hunger due to not eating any lunch and I decided to be sane and grab something to eat. I AFKed at camp knowing that I could lose it and, unsurprisingly, came back to someone else camping it. However, this guy was real cool about it and we worked it out (guy's name was Swindlez, still grateful to him; another person named Sunning was waiting behind him and was also cool about it). I ended up getting my Ring of the Ancients because I didn't lose my shit when the camp was taken and instead talked it out.

From my experience thus far, so many problems in Project 1999 could be solved if people simply didn't flip out on one another the second a problem arises. I can't say that I haven't had a few flipouts myself because I can be aggressive and/or reactive at times, but I've ended almost every one of them on good footing because I reflected on how I was unreasonable and apologized to the other person for being an ass. Every time I apologized the other person also came around and apologized or ended up working it out with me.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just think that if people took a breath every once in a while, the server wouldn't have half of the problems it does. Then again, that can be said about nearly all things.

Lojik
09-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Listomania up in here

simp403
09-24-2015, 11:47 AM
Listomania up in here

List is love, List is life.

drktmplr12
09-24-2015, 01:30 PM
cool story

Lists are dumb if participants aren't going to sit around and wait. It's one thing if you ask someone to inform you when they are done. It's another to expect to keep your place in a line when you weren't there to claim it. Maybe I'm an asshole, but I'm not going to try to track down 4 people on 6 alts, and then wait for them to appear when its convenient for them.

It's like the deli in your supermarket. You grab a number. They call the numbers. You aren't there? TFB.

You want the camp? Sit there.

You want to play your alt? Play your alt.

You want to go get fast food? Go eat.

It's that simple. Most of the time I feel people here think they can have their cake and eat it too.

simp403
09-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Maybe I'm an asshole, but I'm not going to try to track down 4 people on 6 alts, and then wait for them to appear when its convenient for them.

Write their names down and when you're done, send a tell to the next person. If they aren't online, then send a tell to the one after. If someone takes too long, then move on to the person after them. The amount of effort and brainpower required to do this is equivalent to that required to scratch your ass, so I don't see what the fuss is about.

I was afforded this courtesy and I extended it to others. If you're not willing to do so then you won't receive it in turn. If you enjoy sitting near the AC camp for hours at a time because you're too stubborn to write a few names down, then so be it.

Camping something for hours at a time to get pixels is one thing, but waiting in one spot for hours at a time prior to this just seems stupid to me. I already waste enough hours in my life on this game, so I'm going to salvage the few I have left instead of sitting in a line on the internet.

topgun1027
09-25-2015, 08:35 AM

those 20 being 10 divinity and 10 anonymous, yup..Asgard likes to ks too.

Thiefboy777
09-25-2015, 10:13 AM

Typical BDA

Kileras
09-25-2015, 10:23 AM

i don't know what situation you are talking about.

topgun1027
09-25-2015, 05:59 PM
i don't know what situation you are talking about.

The people that were there know who they are, if you weren't there don't worry about it.