PDA

View Full Version : Kerrans

Maurk
11-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Recent trip to the Kerran isle made me really wonder why the Vah Shir were even created.
The Kerrans had their own culture, along with a powerful empire (according to lore)
IMO, they should have made the Kerran race playable, and there should never have been a moon to go to. More islands would have been cooler.
I unno, if you bored one day check out kerra ridge and learn their sad history :[

Would be a neat idea for custom content one day maybe.. then again that would also make this server no longer classic. And I'm probably the only one here who thinks that would be cool anyways.

P.S. AND I DON'T CARE IF ITS NOT CLASSIC MAKE ME A DAMN RAPTOR FOR A DAY

Slayde
11-13-2010, 09:34 PM
I always thought the same thing. Back when Luclin was about to come out and everyone learned about Vah Shir my first thought was, "why would they make a new cat race to play as when they have a perfectly good, well established cat race in existence already?" I frequented Kerra Isle alot on live, even post luclin. I still sometimes hang out there now on p99. To me the Kerrans are a lost forgotten piece of the puzzle that faded into history. Its really quite sad.

Slade_the_Slide
11-13-2010, 09:37 PM
It was my understanding that the Vah Shir were Kerrans who got sent to the moon by some Erudites?

Lanvaren
11-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Sadly EQ's plan was to go to the moon from the beginning. Luclin was one of my favorite things to rant about.

I do have to agree with you, though.. it's like they just added whatever they wanted to, because it sure doesn't make much sense.

They were just like - you know what people would like? CAT PEOPLE!!! Deal with it.

Deezie
11-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Everquest's furry population enjoyed the Luclin expansion I'm sure.

Jarnin
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
It was my understanding that the Vah Shir were Kerrans who got sent to the moon by some Erudites?
Found this on EQ II's Race descriptions:

The kerra are a matriarchal society and female kerra are generally larger than males. Kerra trace their ancestry back to their first great leader, Kejaan. He traveled the continent of Odus, uniting the various tribes into one kingdom and ushering in an era of peace and prosperity. When Erud and his High Men arrived to settle the continent, they took over much kerra land, and brought with them diseases that the kerra had never experienced. The Erudites considered the kerra little more than animals and treated them as such. When a great plague decimated the kerra, they blamed the Heretics and their study of necromancy. Kejaan succumbed to the plague, leaving his son Vah Kerrath as leader. He vowed to make the Erudites pay.

The kerra suffered greatly under the Erudites and more so from the magical fall out during the Erudian civil war. During the epic battle in that war, a huge explosion of mystical forces blew a large chunk of Odus containing an entire kerra village to the dark side of the moon of Luclin. Vah Kerrath survived this journey and regrouped the survitors of his lost tribe, naming them the Vah Shir. Leaderless, the kerra on Norrath scattered; settling Kerra Isle in the west, and a tiny island east of Odus in Erud's Crossing, and yet others fled deep into the Stonebrunt Mountains. Much later in the history of Norrath, a path to Luclin was opened and some of the Vah Shir returned to Kerra Isle, breeding a new, stronger people.

The kerra being isolated from most of Norrath's trials and tribulations are indifferent to the various races except for the Erudites who they hate with a passion.

Lyrik
11-14-2010, 09:47 PM
That's great and all, but Vah Shir are ugly and Kerrans were not.

Curmudgen
11-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Guess that's what happens when living in reduced gravity.

Kassel
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
That's great and all, but Vah Shir are ugly and Kerrans were not.

Chalk it up to the horrible SoL char models. Ogres, trolls and many others got ruined as well.

Sirelk
11-14-2010, 10:42 PM
The Kerran walking animation is hilarious, but it's probably anatomically accurate if you were to see tigers walking around on their hind legs in rl.

I remember thinking they'd just update the Kerran model for Luclin and have some sort of tie-in. In spite of this, I sold my account 2 weeks after Luclin released without trying the expansion.

Fourthmeal
11-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Kerran Genocide wuuuuut

Maurk
11-15-2010, 04:38 AM
I just like the whole scrappy cat "nya!" thing they have going. Much more awesome than a bunch of noble warrior cats.

Mcbard
11-15-2010, 10:32 AM
I thought Vah Shir models looked neat.