PDA

View Full Version : If you could cast one EQ spell IRL.... (poll edition)

azeth
09-28-2015, 08:50 AM
If you could cast one EQ spell IRL....

Spenny121
09-28-2015, 08:55 AM
I could use a Complete Heal right now.

Kekephee
09-28-2015, 08:55 AM
Illusion: Me having sex sometimes

gildor
09-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Charm

Baler
09-28-2015, 09:07 AM
Which spells melts steel with fuel?

Sirken
09-28-2015, 09:09 AM
gate by far most wished for. theres been many times i wished i could just gate home

MycahDavith
09-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Cure Disease... don't ask.

astronaut
09-28-2015, 09:30 AM
Charm Animals... don't ask.

Sirken
09-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Cure Disease... don't ask.

:eek:

dafier
09-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Summon Orb...

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/89dJL45J19s/hqdefault.jpg

muahahaha

Muahahahahaha

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: I chose gate. Obvious choice for me.

Pyrion
09-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Other nice spells not in the poll:

Minor illusion (turns you into a thing)
Shrink
Avatar (becoming superman for a while)
Charm
Unfailing Reverence (+55 Cha... you know what you could do with THAT).

Daldaen
09-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Gate. The only thing I hate more than dumb people is dumb people driving next to me on my way home. Just because it's raining doesn't mean you can go 30mph on the highway old people.

burkemi5
09-28-2015, 09:53 AM
gate by far most wished for. theres been many times i wished i could just gate home

Also went with Gate, although without Bind Affinity you better not ever move or change jobs... Although imagine going to the bar over the weekend, getting as drunk as you want, and gating home. That would be awesome.

dafier
09-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Also went with Gate, although without Bind Affinity you better not ever move or change jobs... Although imagine going to the bar over the weekend, getting as drunk as you want, and gating home. That would be awesome.

I have a feeling the bar thing would work more like Harry Potter trying to use the damn fire place teleport for the first time. You'd probably gate to another bar or something because your gate would be drunk.

EDIT:

Side note - I see we have 5 people wishing to be Jesus.

SherlockHolmes99
09-28-2015, 10:20 AM
Insta cast complete heal :p

gildor
09-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Drones of Doom...because my neighbors dog just wont shut up

bktroost
09-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Um summon air elemental. Invisible minion to do my bidding? Absolutely!

JboxCSU
09-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Gate would be sweet, but I'd prefer SoW. So many applications.

Cast it on your favorite football team, gain the ability to run past Usain Bolt (maybe), cast it on the slow person going up the stairwell, etc.

Sorn
09-28-2015, 10:49 AM
I would cast two. Counteract Disease and Complete Healing. Maybe then I could save my grandmother.

JboxCSU
09-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Ah, cure disease...that would be best.

Could make a fortune saving people's lives.

dafier
09-28-2015, 11:02 AM

That does sound attractive as well. :)

Man0warr
09-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Gate/Teleportation would make you a rich man if you could do it in RL.

Mirana
09-28-2015, 11:11 AM
DMF. Levitation, underwater breathing, increased tolerance to snake bites, and the ability to see ghosts? Yes please.

Spyder73
09-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Gate/Teleportation would make you a rich man if you could do it in RL.

You would have to find the IRL underwater urn room and make sure thats where you were bound to make good money.

I voted gate, but there is a strong case for Mez (mez bank guards, take money, mem blur, profit). There is also a strong case for regeneration....live forever unless you take too much damage at once, at that point you may not want to be living anyways.

But the most useful skill in all of EQ, by a LARGE margin, is of course feign death. It would probably prove the most useful....not exactly sure how it would play out, but there could be a nice insurance scam in there somewhere to get rich and you could get out of trouble instantly.

Eldon
09-28-2015, 11:28 AM
bristlebane's bundle

Seltius
09-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Summon food and water*not for myself I couldn't eat the food it summons anyway*

Kileras
09-28-2015, 11:39 AM
gaet would suck without bind affinity. Everyone would most likely be bound just outside the hospital they were born in, because shit is classic. Gate would be incredibly inconvenient.

i am surprised nobody is really digging invisibility, oh the things you could do ! Rez would be the real gentlemans choice. since you slowly would lose more level, could you just keep rezzing someone over and over after killing them to delevel them to a younger age? we need to think about all of the implications here guys, this isn't a game.

Lisset
09-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Memory blur would be awesome. Harmony would be great if you lived in a rough neighborhood.

Izmael
09-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Gate sounds good but you'd need to be able to set your bind point for it to be really great and beat any other spells. Since you only get one spell, you can't bind.

I'd go for Improved Invis (or Camo). So much stuff you can do with a fixed duration 30 minutes invis, and there are no undead IRL to see through it.

dafier
09-28-2015, 11:56 AM
OK OK. What if gate was ALWAYS set for your home. Even if you moved homes. No matter where you are, you can gate to whatever home is.

If you have a Summer home and a Winter home or are just rich and have multiple homes, you would could gate to which ever home you wished.

Kileras
09-28-2015, 11:57 AM
OK OK. What if gate was ALWAYS set for your home. Even if you moved homes. No matter where you are, you can gate to whatever home is.

If you have a Summer home and a Winter home or are just rich and have multiple homes, you would could gate to which ever home you wished.

not classic.

azeth
09-28-2015, 12:00 PM
Gift of Xev might make you humanitarian of the year, but...

consider any spell thats beneficial is going to get you locked up in chains and forced to cast it for the duration of your life.

dafier
09-28-2015, 12:10 PM
not classic.

Determination of what is 'classic' in life determines ones point of view. This is deep....

Eldon
09-28-2015, 12:16 PM
When you gate you'd pop up around wherever you were born.

indiscriminate_hater
09-28-2015, 12:19 PM

your casting has been interrupted

Adolphus
09-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Really people . . . gate vs resurrection? Is there even a comparison between escaping a bad situation and reincarnating the dead?

Taeoz
09-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Can't rez myself, so has to be CH. Even if HP is ticking down due to a disease or poison, I can just top up every now and then.

One Tin Soldier
09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
I was think invisibility at first because of the profit potential and other possibilities but after thinking about it I might prefer charm.

I would take charm over invis if I could give charmed people orders more specific than just "attack" and "back off".

azeth
09-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Can't rez myself, so has to be CH. Even if HP is ticking down due to a disease or poison, I can just top up every now and then.

You could be interrupted though, like if a car hit you and you started casting mid collision you'd definitely get interrupted.

Although consider if you are enormously Ogre-fat IRL you have frontal stun immunity, so CH is probably a wise choice.

Kileras
09-28-2015, 12:48 PM
do other class specific and race specific abilities count? If you were a bard you could cast while moving, which would definitely be a help.

azeth
09-28-2015, 12:49 PM
do other class specific and race specific abilities count? If you were a bard you could cast while moving, which would definitely be a help.

I mean if you're a musician, sure. you're a bard.

aldred
09-28-2015, 12:56 PM
bind sight on hot girls man...

Erazmus
09-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Sense heading.

burkemi5
09-28-2015, 01:06 PM
@people saying mez and charm, without some sort of aggro dump, you'd be SOL. You can mezz everyone at a bank or something but they'd still know it was you. And I doubt there's any zone lines IRL.

Nerfbat
09-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Sense heading.

Just drop a sword on the ground next to you.

khandman
09-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Wake of Karana.

Slayerofalot
09-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Gate. The only thing I hate more than dumb people is dumb people driving next to me on my way home. Just because it's raining doesn't mean you can go 30mph on the highway old people.

Old people beg to differ.

Gate for sure.

jcr4990
09-28-2015, 01:31 PM
You could be interrupted though, like if a car hit you and you started casting mid collision you'd definitely get interrupted.

Although consider if you are enormously Ogre-fat IRL you have frontal stun immunity, so CH is probably a wise choice.Confirmed I'm an ogre IRL. I picked Improved Invis though. So many applications that it's ridiculous. Gate would only really be better if you could also bind affinity imo.

Huggz
09-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Everyone knows you can't raise the dead. We don't want a bunch of soul-less husks walking around. We have enough already.

Rogean
09-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Cazic Touch.

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Identify.

I would earn Nobel prizes like a boss

Calibix
09-28-2015, 01:50 PM
@people saying mez and charm, without some sort of aggro dump, you'd be SOL. You can mezz everyone at a bank or something but they'd still know it was you. And I doubt there's any zone lines IRL.

Enchanter mez comes with a blur component. Could just recast until the blur sticks. Wouldn't even have to wait to see if it worked if you can /assist your target/victim.

NegaStoat
09-28-2015, 02:17 PM

Same. That person being a complete jerk for doing whatever suddenly hears the following behind them.

"Yo Mamma's so fat, she got arrested at the Airport for carryin' 10 pounds of crack!"

While all you hear is a faint whispered "Taunting Attacker, master!"

Champion_Standing
09-28-2015, 02:18 PM
Ice Comet, feel my wrath mortals

Izmael
09-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Nobody mentionned Call of the Hero, sure you could find fun stuff to do with it. How about CoH'ing people to and from the International Space Station, or even the moon? Heck, another galaxy.

A solider got caught by the ISIS and is about to be made into kabobs by them? CoH him home, watch them boggle.

It's your daughter's prom night and she's STILL not home? Just CoH her.

Them pearls pretty pricey IRL though.

jarshale
09-28-2015, 02:41 PM
I thought about going for resurrection and starting my own mystic sex cult but I would probably get assassinated. I could probably do the same thing with complete heal.

Mead
09-28-2015, 02:45 PM
You can tell who the creepers are.

Seltius
09-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Cazic Touch.

I could see all kind of social issues with this one... Hope you never get Dementia or Alzheimer's.

Rogean
09-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Gravity Flux

One Tin Soldier
09-28-2015, 04:05 PM

Some people think in too simplistic terms. Robbing banks---silly.

Think in terms of getting info for stock picks. You charm a CEO and ask him questions. So what if he recognizes your face. What's he going to do, call the police and tell them that some guy asked him a question and he answered it?

bktroost
09-28-2015, 05:11 PM

Although consider if you are enormously Ogre-fat IRL you have frontal stun immunity, so CH is probably a wise choice.

I just got a beautiful image of an incredibly obese walmartian in the middle of the road waveing her arms and chanting as a bus bounces off her front, moo moo rippling from the impact.

Atmas
09-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Gate sends you to your spawn point. I don't think your mom would be too happy about that.

captnamazing
09-28-2015, 05:52 PM
CH pretty easy choice for me

Papaj
09-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Hmm before i vote i need more info on abscond. Does this get me away from angry wife? And to a safe location? Or move me into filbuses basement?

karanastorm
09-28-2015, 08:02 PM
It's not listed here but cure disease because so many people and children die every year of diseases. So my only other option is complete heal to heal those who are hurt or almost dying. :D

iruinedyourday
09-28-2015, 08:19 PM

to bad you find out you're bound inside your moms womb.. yikes!

iruinedyourday
09-28-2015, 08:21 PM
man tough list, I'm going to say resurrection would be the obvious choice from this list because well, you have to pick that one or you're a dick.

if that wasnt on the list i would easily go with DMF.. float.. water breathe..

what more could you ask for in life than those two abilities wrapped into one.

Borak
09-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Silly people. The best spell would be Cinda's Charismatic Carillon or, in other words, bard faction song.

This song takes you from glowering to amiable, it's seriously OP. Assuming there are no Glaring people in your life willing to kick your ass, imagine that guy at work you don't like, and who doesn't like you, suddenly liking you and recommending that you get a promotion. On the other hand, making a member of the opposite sex go from amiable to warmly might be an abuse of power. It's up to you. The opportunities are endless - do not abuse the power of the Carillon.

Speaking of which, most depictions of Succubuses (Succubi) as being very attractive sort of defeats the point. If you're attractive, you shouldn't need much 'devil magic' to seduce others. Succubi should be ugly as hell but seductive nonetheless. This song, will make a succubus out of anyone =D

Lisset
09-28-2015, 09:26 PM
to bad you find out you're bound inside your moms womb.. yikes!

I hear a lot of people are bound in his moms womb.

georgie
09-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Harmtouch

-Catherin-
09-28-2015, 09:39 PM
Divine Aura

JayDee
09-28-2015, 09:48 PM
okeils radiation

Secrets
09-28-2015, 11:26 PM
Can't cast rez while dead, DA is 18 seconds, complete heal is immortality forever

Lojik
09-28-2015, 11:32 PM
Are the durations adjusted based on the fact that a norrath day is 1/16th of an earth day, thus would divine aura last 5+ minutes? That would be awesome, just go skydiving without a chute!

Although I think I'd go with Fay Portal. That way when Kimm posts those "My Saturday Night v. Your Saturday Night" threads I can post some better pics of woodelves

applesauce25r624
09-29-2015, 01:45 AM
Illusion: Erudite from the waist down

Whoop
09-29-2015, 04:07 AM
You can't run around rezing dead people wtf?! One would never be left alone once the world would find out about it. Same with CH or cure disease. We live and we die end of story.

DMF would be cool but only if GINA is allowed, lev dropping mid-air would suck since, yea you know - can't rez dead people :)

mropey
09-29-2015, 06:35 AM
You people are crazy..

Dead Man Floating. Levitate? Breathe under water?

Shjade
09-29-2015, 06:42 AM
Abundant Food.

azeth
09-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Abundant Food.

theyd lock you up and force your hand for the rest of your life.

Nuffwin
09-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Would Cadeau of flame enable you to flip burgers with bare hands without harm ?

Would be handy for most neckbeards in here.

Yasi
09-29-2015, 08:39 AM
I'd go with Ring of Karana to farm my Quillmane cloak.

maskedmelon
09-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Winds of Gelid

Or

Complete Heal

I am torn between righting humanity and immortality >.<

Expediency
09-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Resurrection and it aint close. Besides saving peoples lives, you would also be instantly rich

Jfertal
09-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Not sure how dmf is losing in this poll...you can lev, breathe under water, you get an increase in poison, i assume you can drink more to avoid alchohol poisoning? See invis, so all those ghastly creature sneaking around are now visable.

Like come on, complete heal? We have modern medicine in which overtime cure most injuries.

Resurrection? You cant cast it onyourself, no one here has a gilfriend, so you won't use it on any loved one, aside from like what your animal??

Gate? Why the gate? I hope its unstable and crashed on you, what happens when your super dehydrated, cant regen your mana, and now you cant gate

Expediency
09-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Not sure how dmf is losing in this poll...you can lev, breathe under water, you get an increase in poison, i assume you can drink more to avoid alchohol poisoning? See invis, so all those ghastly creature sneaking around are now visable.

Like come on, complete heal? We have modern medicine in which overtime cure most injuries.

Resurrection? You cant cast it onyourself, no one here has a gilfriend, so you won't use it on any loved one, aside from like what your animal??

Gate? Why the gate? I hope its unstable and crashed on you, what happens when your super dehydrated, cant regen your mana, and now you cant gate

What good is DMF? You dont get a speed bonus, see invis is useless IRL, lev would be mildly entertaining but you could get that with other spells or illusions.

Complete heal and resurrection would result in the caster being able to earn $texas by casting them on a rich people, plus the ability to help the poor or whatever by casting it for free on them as mana allows.

Also you can totally cast complete heal on yourself.

I would prefer the best wolf form over DMF. You move quicker, see better, attack harder, and are not recognizable as human.

Gate is pretty sweet but if you dont also get bind with it, loses its effectiveness pretty quickly. If nobody changes your bind location you can pretty much only gate back to the town you were born in.

Yasi
09-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Wolf Form? Where I live, wolfs will be insta shot to protect People and cattle.

Vilkata
09-29-2015, 11:35 AM
no love for Splurt?

Expediency
09-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Wolf Form? Where I live, wolfs will be insta shot to protect People and cattle.

Zombies are usually KOS also. Casting dmf causes you to "looks dead"

pharmakos
09-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Share Wolf Form so i could make a fortune off of furries.

maskedmelon
09-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Complete healing would essentially serve as a fountain of youth. Age related degeneration unlike sexual maturation is the result of cumulative error and damage from the environment so a complete healing would restore youthfulness. You might just need rhinoplasty every 80 or so years....

As for gate, don't forget the message you receive when the bind affinity spell is cast on you. It says you develop an affinity for this place. With that in mind I think it is very likely gate would take most people to their homes, work place, favorite shopping/eating establishment, etc.: the place that means the most to you. Consider where your ghost would be most likely to haunt and that is where the gate spell would take you.

brecon
09-29-2015, 12:29 PM
The answer is obviously charm

Jimjam
09-29-2015, 01:40 PM
It's a hard call between Summon Ale(^ (http://wiki.project1999.com/Summon_Holy_Ale_of_Brell)) or Divine Intervention (save from death with complete heal).

QFuzzle
09-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Gate -- The time-save! Only having to travel one way, then gate right back! I better be able to gate with my car....

Whirled
09-29-2015, 04:39 PM
What? No True North? j-k
Spirit of the Howler, cuz having a spirit wolf would own in RL

astronaut
09-29-2015, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't mind gating into Holana Oleary's womb.

Issar
09-29-2015, 05:05 PM
I know it's not classic, but Grow (Increase Player Size by 33%)... for reasons @.@

kaev
09-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Fail poll, True North is not listed, abstaining

Voland
09-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Alliance/Benevolence spell would be useful when my boss cons dubious :)

But yeah, Gate (with Bind) is the best. I feel like a melee char in RL... even if it's fun to travel to a new place, coming back is kind of tedious.

Victorio
09-29-2015, 09:00 PM
WTS Rezzes

Blux
09-30-2015, 07:20 AM
This was a good thread. I would like the spell rabies or true north

Lisset
09-30-2015, 09:53 AM
WTS Rezzes

Yeah, you could make a mint hanging out at hospitals and cemeteries.

Politiko
09-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Are we counting songs? Selo's song of travel would be my first choice. Speed/Invis/Levitate. So many possibilities.

Expediency
09-30-2015, 10:10 AM
As for gate, don't forget the message you receive when the bind affinity spell is cast on you. It says you develop an affinity for this place. With that in mind I think it is very likely gate would take most people to their homes, work place, favorite shopping/eating establishment, etc.: the place that means the most to you. Consider where your ghost would be most likely to haunt and that is where the gate spell would take you.

You develop an affinity because a spell was cast on you to make that happen. You cant change your affinity by just preferring a place, or staying there often. Without a way to change bind, gate has limited options. If you get them both as a package, they are very strong. I'd rather have egress or succor than just a straight up gate. Would take me or my group of five friends to a set, predictable place in any "zone" that I'm in.

Many of you are very nice people, considering the potential good things you could do, or at least just the money you could make. You ought to think more deviously about this question. You could be a crime boss or even a warlord with some of these spells.

gildor
09-30-2015, 10:17 AM
Illusion: Erudite

Dat ass tho

Teeroyoyort
09-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Dragon roar/fear

Mojo24
10-02-2015, 04:39 AM
Ice Comet. No human could survive that.

azeth
10-04-2015, 04:06 PM
sorry, you guys all fell for this. it's a trick question... humans dont have mana pools IRL.

Huggz
10-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I do.

You gotta have points in INT, bro.

Ivory
10-15-2015, 03:05 AM
Complete heal wouldn't make you immortal. It just lets you heal off damage you suffer (not de-age you).

I would go for collaboration. It increases all the creatures of the targets faction!

Thing is...factions go rather wide. All americans? All men? All humans?!

Boom, you are loved by everyone and can have anything you want!

Ella`Ella
10-15-2015, 12:31 PM
How did Rapture and Divine Aura not make the list?