PDA

View Full Version : died in a strange way, what you think?

Diogene
09-28-2015, 07:04 PM
So I was reverse charming Xalgoz, until he kills every fucking thing and and still sit at 60% HP. I decide to camp and come back later with another strat, but charm breaks, so he jumps on me and quickly gets me down to 20% HP, until I stun him with color slant and spam gate. Successful gate (reading the log), but in fact I died. is that a bug? What should I do?

Daldaen
09-28-2015, 07:17 PM
There is a delay between your client reaching the loading screen from successfully zoning (through zone line or gate/port) and the point where the server removes you from the zone.

This delay tends to be about a second or so.

So basically if at 11:00:00AM you see successful zone and gate, the server may not remove you from the zone until 11:00:01 or :02AM.

In that 1-2 second difference between your client zoning and the server safely removing you from the zone, you died because Xalgoz was just about to get another Melee round off, and he killed you in that minor time segment.

This bug still plagued EQLive today. Nothing you can do about it.

indiscriminate_hater
09-28-2015, 08:25 PM
On an amusing side note, I once got knocked unconscious while casting gate but regained consciousness just in time to channel and finish casting. Bonus points because it happened in kedge. Shits classic

Diogene
09-29-2015, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the precisions Daldaen.

applesauce25r624
09-29-2015, 02:57 AM
i died while clicking a cazic gate potion. the potion was wasted and i still ended up dying

shit is classic as fuck