PDA

View Full Version : Twitch Spammers

Slytherson
10-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Anyone else constantly getting spammed by random people telling them to check out Redwjamz or Douding or whatever? It's almost like the gold sellers of MMOs past. Can we do anything about them? (Their character names are random L's and I's so it's impossible to really read)

Plackers
10-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Anyone else constantly getting spammed by random people telling them to check out Redwjamz or Douding or whatever? It's almost like the gold sellers of MMOs past. Can we do anything about them? (Their character names are random L's and I's so it's impossible to really read)

Yeah, I tuned in and redwjamz was calling someone in his chat the f word (hate speech) never watching that guy again.

Swish
10-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Sounds like that guy who was saying "Soandso said you were a ninja looter, just saying but you might want to confront them about it", and spamming that to many people on the server lol.

Docx
10-05-2015, 09:22 PM
yes, its fucking retarded

Oleris
10-05-2015, 09:35 PM
it's salty.

Plackers
10-05-2015, 09:38 PM
I understand you can't regulate twitch but the guy makes your server look extremely toxic and him spewing hate speech puts it over the top. Just ban the guy in my opinion.

uolen
10-05-2015, 09:41 PM
If you want me to believe that a guy spamming everyone on server bad things about a guy on twitch, trying to get them to go watch the guy, isn't related to the guy on twitch, I ain't buyin it.

Mine was from ilillililiil, and said "Doudy has been talking about you for 30 minutes, it is hilarious".

Please do something about it. You know it is related.

pyroglyphix
10-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Myself and many others got spammed by this guy over the weekend too, while watching twitch streams.

The troll appears to have even gone to the length of trying to match twitch handles to forum accounts to discern in-game character names.

He's not associated with redwjamz, or any of the other streamers, despite what the troll may claim. He's just trying to cause trouble.

Incidentally, shortly after this guy began spamming us in-game, the top 3 streams of the night (red, Foxy, and Mycah) all got mysteriously trained in their respective zones (Kedge, Sebilis, CoM) at the same time. Coincidence?

I've been following p99 on twitch for quite a while now, and all of the streamers there are pretty stand-up folks who have better things to do than troll their viewers. As for name-calling and "hate speech" towards chat, take it with a grain of salt and bear in mind that most of chat are regular viewers/friends of the streamers, and it's all tongue-in-cheek and in good fun, with exception being random idiots like our troll here who definitely deserves it.

mrshzzit
10-05-2015, 11:33 PM
Ya they keep poping up this week, never seen them before, lots of them putting in links with gibberish.

kate79
10-05-2015, 11:34 PM
I got this tonight on my mage. Like, yes I'm sure a level 60 I've never met has lots of things to say about my little level 33 newb ass lol

Plackers
10-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Myself and many others got spammed by this guy over the weekend too, while watching twitch streams.

The troll appears to have even gone to the length of trying to match twitch handles to forum accounts to discern in-game character names.

He's not associated with redwjamz, or any of the other streamers, despite what the troll may claim. He's just trying to cause trouble.

Incidentally, shortly after this guy began spamming us in-game, the top 3 streams of the night (red, Foxy, and Mycah) all got mysteriously trained in their respective zones (Kedge, Sebilis, CoM) at the same time. Coincidence?

I've been following p99 on twitch for quite a while now, and all of the streamers there are pretty stand-up folks who have better things to do than troll their viewers. As for name-calling and "hate speech" towards chat, take it with a grain of salt and bear in mind that most of chat are regular viewers/friends of the streamers, and it's all tongue-in-cheek and in good fun, with exception being random idiots like our troll here who definitely deserves it.

You think random people deserve being called f******? This guy is a plague to the project1999 community. Constantly camps epic MQ mobs and sells them. Never spends a dime on any of his characters...where does all that pp go?

indiscriminate_hater
10-05-2015, 11:42 PM
They're actually pretty good

Pokesan
10-06-2015, 12:07 AM
LOL TROLLED!

pyroglyphix
10-06-2015, 01:00 AM
You think random people deserve being called f******? This guy is a plague to the project1999 community. Constantly camps epic MQ mobs and sells them. Never spends a dime on any of his characters...where does all that pp go?

I don't know him super well, but it seems like you do.

What I do know is that I've seen the guy go out of his way to help players for no personal gain, and he organized teams to help random people level over the weekend.

Sounds pretty toxic to me.

As for selling epic MQs, you'd have to ban half the server if you think that behavior is a plague to the community.

NegaStoat
10-06-2015, 01:41 AM
I'm tired of the spam. The Twitch streaming administration's stance on private server streams has changed drastically thanks to Blizzard leaning on them hard because of the Nostalrius WoW server popularity. Either the person spamming people about the streams is clueless and is about to get shit shut down, or it's someone doing it intentionally for that to happen.

Daybreak owns EQ. That's all it takes.

Aviann
10-06-2015, 02:28 AM
I just wish my classy responses were broadcasted on said twitches... Then I'd be ok with it.

Classy responses would be a A+ too on their part, but sadly, they let me down... time and time again...

Sorn
10-06-2015, 02:40 AM
I rolled my eyes at being told Douding was calling me a ninja-looter, because I'm pretty sure he has absolutely no reason to complain about me.

There used to be a spammer that would link to Sirken's Monday stream and say he was giving away manastones if you went into the channel and said some ridiculous key word. I'm still baffled as to the point of it all.

Oleris
10-06-2015, 03:14 AM
I rolled my eyes at being told Douding was calling me a ninja-looter, because I'm pretty sure he has absolutely no reason to complain about me.

There used to be a spammer that would link to Sirken's Monday stream and say he was giving away manastones if you went into the channel and said some ridiculous key word. I'm still baffled as to the point of it all.

haha, I know who that was.

mrshzzit
10-06-2015, 03:44 AM
That guy is now checking twitch names to p99 website names and sending ur chars tells if listed on p99 site. With trolls and saying u ninjed looted or ksed etc. Shits getting old.

pyroglyphix
10-06-2015, 04:17 AM
So I imagine this guy is using a dummy account for the barcode characters he spams with, but it shouldn't be too hard for GM to identify the IP of that account, and figure out what other accounts are on that IP?

There's a significant number of players being harassed on twitch now. That's a direct violation of twitch.tv policy, not to mention the defamation of the streamers whose names are being dragged through the mud with these attacks.

Foxplay
10-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Apparently I have a Fungi to sell for 10k......maybe I can finally afford to replace my cured silk sandals /sarcasm

As a streamer....

It cant really be helped unfortunately. I'm sure hes been banned on several occasions and keeps coming back, best to just ignore and report his newest bar-code

You can always ask me personally via a tell about any suspicious tells you get regarding me or something I may have said/or didnt say as it seems his only goal is to defame or hurt the streamers reputation/good-will. However keep in mind I may have to put up an automated AFK message when these bot-spammers occur as I often get several tells a second from people all over the server and there is absolutely no way I can respond to them all.

Cant let it get to ya its the internet and troll's will be troll's (and no I don't mean people who pick troll as their race in-game.

Keep in mind I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER advertise that im streaming, as I find overly forward advertising like that annoying and should have no place in EQ. I don't even tell my group's that I stream, I also censor all main-chat interactions for other peoples privacy. I stream because I enjoy it and because others enjoy it

To those negatively effected by the spammers trying to up the toxicity of a great community, whether you like or hate the fact that I stream it will continue regardless, I just want you all to have fun in the great lands of Norrath =3

Plackers
10-06-2015, 06:38 AM
So I imagine this guy is using a dummy account for the barcode characters he spams with, but it shouldn't be too hard for GM to identify the IP of that account, and figure out what other accounts are on that IP?

There's a significant number of players being harassed on twitch now. That's a direct violation of twitch.tv policy, not to mention the defamation of the streamers whose names are being dragged through the mud with these attacks.

Hate speech is also a twitch violation but guess that's ok.

Monty405
10-06-2015, 08:28 AM
My group were getting these and the bot has been sending tells alphabetically. First person in the group started with a 'B' then sure enough about ten minutes later people with 'M' names were messaged followed by an 'R' name.

tarkhis
10-06-2015, 08:36 AM
If you want me to believe that a guy spamming everyone on server bad things about a guy on twitch, trying to get them to go watch the guy, isn't related to the guy on twitch, I ain't buyin it.

Mine was from ilillililiil, and said "Doudy has been talking about you for 30 minutes, it is hilarious".

Please do something about it. You know it is related.

I got the same thing and then got a tell from dooding or doudy whatever it was telling me to go watch his stream or he would macequest me.

pyroglyphix
10-06-2015, 10:34 AM

So report him to twitch and move on with your life.

maskedmelon
10-06-2015, 10:58 AM

Hate speech is a ridiculous notion. You may disagree with what he has to say. He may be utterly offensive to society at large (I don't know, I haven't watched), but in the end it is his channel. You don't have to go there to listen to him if you don't want to.

Something should be done about the spam/advertising though given the difficulty of adding the character names to ignore.

Given your join date, limited post history and enthusiasm for this topic, I wouldn't be surprised if you are the source of spam in an effort to get rid if the guy. Call me cynical ^^

Plackers
10-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Hate speech is a ridiculous notion. You may disagree with what he has to say. He may be utterly offensive to society at large (I don't know, I haven't watched), but in the end it is his channel. You don't have to go there to listen to him if you don't want to.

Something should be done about the spam/advertising though given the difficulty of adding the character names to ignore.

Given your join date, limited post history and enthusiasm for this topic, I wouldn't be surprised if you are the source of spam in an effort to get rid if the guy. Call me cynical ^^

Hate speech is unacceptable on the forums and in game and also ok twitch.

That should be the focus here.

Spyder73
10-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Its happening to everyone, and its not a coincidence. Sh!t needs to stop.

Clockw0rk
10-06-2015, 12:09 PM

So does this mean you acknowledge your mistake in believing one particular streamer is behind it himself for himself to which you went nuts about in a RnF thread?

JboxCSU
10-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Hate speech is unacceptable on the forums and in game and also ok twitch.

That should be the focus here.

Then I suggest you proceed on your noble crusade and get him banned!!!

Or you could just ignore him if his comments drive you up a wall. Just because you care doesn't mean I have to.

Villide
10-06-2015, 12:46 PM
It's not a coincidence. Someone's screwing with you, likely also trying to screw with Red at the same time.

Dude has a "mature audience" warning on his Twitch as well, so not sure why anyone would be surprised at language.

My advice - lighten up, and put the in-game spammers on ignore.

Voland
10-06-2015, 01:42 PM
It's almost like the gold sellers of MMOs past.

Not just MMOs past, SWTOR has insane seller spam and they are unable to control it.
I am not sure why either, for example EQ2 got excellent spam filtering.

Spyder73
10-06-2015, 04:35 PM
So does this mean you acknowledge your mistake in believing one particular streamer is behind it himself for himself to which you went nuts about in a RnF thread?

Its not a mistake - he has his little brother or some other goober kid on another computer running some hacking program that sends tells to everyone on the server. He is 100% aware of who is doing this and loves it because it is bringing attention to his stream. There is a ZERO% chance that someone is doing this other than someone from his camp. I don't want to get banned for hate speech, so I am going to stop before I get nasty, but FK this guy.

This is one of the only times where i wish i was on Red99, because I would spend the next week doing nothing but griefing like I used to do in UO.

Villide
10-06-2015, 04:41 PM
He is 100% aware of who is doing this and loves it because it is bringing attention to his stream. There is a ZERO% chance that someone is doing this other than someone from his camp.
Well shit, case closed I guess.

Plackers
10-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Its not a mistake - he has his little brother or some other goober kid on another computer running some hacking program that sends tells to everyone on the server. He is 100% aware of who is doing this and loves it because it is bringing attention to his stream. There is a ZERO% chance that someone is doing this other than someone from his camp. I don't want to get banned for hate speech, so I am going to stop before I get nasty, but FK this guy.

This is one of the only times where i wish i was on Red99, because I would spend the next week doing nothing but griefing like I used to do in UO.

Not only does he spew hate speech on his stream the staff bashing in pretty bad too. Just shut him down.

Slayerofalot
10-06-2015, 05:49 PM
you people need to take a deep breath and calm down.

You don't enjoy his stream? Don't watch it.

Someone spamming you in game? Place them on ignore.

Problem solved.

bloodmuffin
10-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Anyone here think it's Spyder73 doing the spamming and he's just tryharding to get Red banned?

I think so.

Ivory
10-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Some people want to watch the world burn.

iruinedyourday
10-06-2015, 07:00 PM
I keep getting tells that some Euridian prince wants me to transfer 10mil plat for him and he will give me a % as a reward but He needs me to give him 5k plat first so he can have access to my banker alt.

jarshale
10-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Guys, everyone is getting that message about streamers. No one was actually talking shit about you on stream. People are still falling for this?

iruinedyourday
10-06-2015, 08:02 PM
I just lost 5k

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/RcG/Ga4/RcGGa4j7i.png

JboxCSU
10-06-2015, 08:26 PM
I just lost 5k

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/RcG/Ga4/RcGGa4j7i.png

FeelsBadMan

Gooch
10-06-2015, 08:51 PM
gotta wonder if OP is meta trolling and actually the spammer.

Swish
10-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Maybe EQbrowser (name drop) is Rogean's side project and it's been Rogean all along? Or Nilbog? Or Haynar?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/e5e4f2abb0d9ec46454209016cc0b43b/tumblr_inline_n41dg4D7yw1qc534f.gif

Nisei
10-08-2015, 04:19 PM
redwjamz permabanned me from his chat because I asked if he was saying bad things about me. This guy is a jerk.

Swish
10-08-2015, 04:39 PM
I like him.

Littlestgnome
10-09-2015, 12:36 AM
This Red W. Jamz fellow doesn't sound very nice at all.