PDA

View Full Version : Befallen Kitten Wall

perditionparty
10-14-2015, 12:06 PM
I was leveling an enchanter last night in Befallen and accidentally found this (although through the first long back wall at ZL, not from this position)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/mediabox/befallen-cats.jpg

Anyone know the story behind it?

JboxCSU
10-14-2015, 12:21 PM
Shit's classic.

Amiright?

Ele
10-14-2015, 12:21 PM
The original devs had safe rooms in zones, where GMs/Guides could be in zone without interfering with players/mobs. They could also summon players to these rooms to talk or put them in time out.

The rooms usually have funny cat pictures or a wall with a list of coordinates for hot spots in the zone.

Erudin Palace
http://i.imgur.com/iq7jD18.jpg

perditionparty
10-14-2015, 12:29 PM
They could also summon players to these rooms to talk or put them in time out.

I heard of this happened, but never witnessed it. I figured it might be the cast, but was hoping there might be more to it.

thanks

Feathers
10-18-2015, 09:27 PM
I believe there is a "prison" like this in the Arena. At 0, 0, 0. Besides having no exits, you are always "too distracted to cast spells" and you cant /ooc, /shout, or /auction. If a GM/Guide summons and binds you there, you're stuck.

Expediency
10-18-2015, 10:28 PM
I got stuck in a room like this on live and had to get the GMs to get me out. They said it was just a bug and couldnt be avoided just bad luck and there is no escape for a melee character. I used to have pictures, it didnt have cats on the wall though. Just a big box.

radda
10-18-2015, 10:32 PM
that's a dev's cat, and there's one in VP too

iruinedyourday
10-18-2015, 10:41 PM
There is an interview with the designer that made befallen, its his cat!

I tried to google for the interview but I couldnt find it. Its somewhere out there, ive linked it before somewhere on these boards.. but I couldnt find that either heh.

*edit* jinx, i owe you a coke that's a dev's cat, and there's one in VP too

dealicious
10-19-2015, 07:04 AM
There is an interview with the designer that made befallen, its his cat!

I tried to google for the interview but I couldnt find it. Its somewhere out there, ive linked it before somewhere on these boards.. but I couldnt find that either heh.

*edit* jinx, i owe you a coke

It's actually Kevin Burns' cat, Mittens. He's one of EQ's original artists.

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-19-2015, 11:53 AM
I remember hearing about a guide who rage quit, but before he/she did, they summoned an entire guild they had a beef with to one of those rooms, and then left them there and /q'd out. so long bastards! good luck waiting on your petition!

perditionparty
10-19-2015, 12:18 PM
I remember hearing about a guide who rage quit, but before he/she did, they summoned an entire guild they had a beef with to one of those rooms, and then left them there and /q'd out. so long bastards! good luck waiting on your petition!

on this server? :\