PDA

View Full Version : Sebilis - Disco

Era'viss
10-19-2015, 11:12 AM
I've noticed that it's super difficult to find an Imbued Fighters Staff for sale these days. The camp is close to Disco, and I remember a post recently about how difficult this camp is due to the teleporting mobs bug. Is that why this camp hasn't been taken in quite some time? Or is this area just not profitable enough to warranty groups going here instead of say Velks?

Bruno
10-19-2015, 11:26 AM
I've noticed that it's super difficult to find an Imbued Fighters Staff for sale these days. The camp is close to Disco, and I remember a post recently about how difficult this camp is due to the teleporting mobs bug. Is that why this camp hasn't been taken in quite some time? Or is this area just not profitable enough to warranty groups going here instead of say Velks?

Camp is easily soloable. I recently did it on a 60 enchanter. I experienced 0 warping mobs. It's just not worth camping due to how cheap the staff sells for. It's still a decent group exp spot, but Sebilis has thinned out a bit since the Velious release.

Man0warr
10-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Get a Peacebringer, it's better.

But yeah pulling past the 3 way hall to Disco 1 is dicey - you need an FDer pulling in case your pull drops through the world to Fungusmen which sets off a zonewide train.

Era'viss
10-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Camp is easily soloable. I recently did it on a 60 enchanter. I experienced 0 warping mobs. It's just not worth camping due to how cheap the staff sells for. It's still a decent group exp spot, but Sebilis has thinned out a bit since the Velious release.

I have a 49 monk (not keyed) and a 51 cleric (keyed). Neither have any high price items on them. Are they to low for this camp?

Bruno
10-19-2015, 11:37 AM
I have a 49 monk (not keyed) and a 51 cleric (keyed). Neither have any high price items on them. Are they to low for this camp?

If you put some effort into creating an exp group for disco you would have a better shot at that with the cleric. The monk is a little low.

There's a guy selling an Imbued Fighters Staff in EC at the moment named Theurgic.

Era'viss
10-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Get a Peacebringer, it's better.

Appreciate the tip! Just saw one on forums posted on 10/8.

Let's hope it's still around. :cool:

burkemi5
10-19-2015, 11:38 AM

49 is low for a monk in Seb. You'll get owned on casters and generally probably have low HP. Cleric should manage at 51.

Era'viss
10-19-2015, 11:50 AM
There's a guy selling an Imbued Fighters Staff in EC at the moment named Theurgic.

Got it from him, but paid through the nose for it lol. :o Thanks for the tip!

Bruno
10-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Got it from him, but paid through the nose for it lol. :o Thanks for the tip!

:)

I love happy endings.

Stormfists
10-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Get a peacebringer, it's better.

10 weight, hah.... gaaaay.

Man0warr
10-19-2015, 05:13 PM
So what? All the 2handers weigh too much. It doesn't put you over the limit enough to make a difference. I'm at 30 weight with a Shovel of the Harvest and that's like 20 ac.

Colgate
10-19-2015, 05:18 PM
it's much more than 20 ac

Man0warr
10-19-2015, 05:23 PM
I literally watched my char sheet going between 30 and 21 stones, it was 23ac exactly I think (at work). At his level it will affect him even less.

Colgate
10-19-2015, 07:41 PM
just tested 21 to 30 in-game

it was a difference of 41 AC

maskedmelon
10-20-2015, 10:14 AM
10 weight, hah.... gaaaay.

Yeah that is why I prefer the IFS ^^

Era'viss
10-20-2015, 10:22 AM
10 weight on Tranquil Staff (http://wiki.project1999.com/Tranquil_Staff) as well.

The gayness spreads...

maskedmelon
10-20-2015, 10:56 AM
10 weight on Tranquil Staff (http://wiki.project1999.com/Tranquil_Staff) as well.

The gayness spreads...

Right, but Tstaff has a better DMG/DLY ratio than both IFS and PB, not to mention its primary draw, the 100 blows proc.

PB on the other hand has a worse ratio than IFS, which is offset by the improved primary hand damage bonus ratio, but lands you more burn from DS and riposte. You are talking around 5% improved deeps for 33% increased chance of riposte and burn from DS. Not worth the extra 6 weight to me ^^ if not tanking and no concern for DS, I'd go with AC/SOS ^^ of course that costs more >.<

Tstaff is a great weapon. PB/IFS are respectable weapons ^^

indiscriminate_hater
10-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Monk ac probably also a function of agility

Era'viss
10-20-2015, 11:52 AM
I'd go with AC/SOS ^^ of course that costs more >.<

Funny you say that because I have been using SoS/KD, and since I've been closing in on 50, AC moved to the top of my shopping list after I bought an FBSS last week. Problem I have is there's been a shortage on those for sometime as well. It was really coming down to whichever came available first between PB, AC, and IFS.

The grind for plat to buy gear has been slow as hell though since Monks suck at making money without proper bags. Long exp grind sessions leave me with letting most loot go to other party members or just having it rot. My money maker has been my 42 druid, and the plat grind can be just as shitty some nights lol. Few days ago I ran all the way to Qeynos from NK to pickup someone for a port to WC. Only got about 15 plat tip lol. Wasn't even mad though because during that whole jog I was broadcasting my porting in every zone, and didn't get a single other request. Plus you big tippers out there help to offset the small. <3

It'll be nice when the monk is finally in the 50s so I can try to camp some of these juicy bits of gear... dire wolf-hide cloak... runebranded girdle... tranquil staff... fungi... /drool

Man0warr
10-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Fist/SoS is better if you have epic, which used to be a pretty cheap MQ for demon fangs.

Era'viss
10-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Fist/SoS is better if you have epic, which used to be a pretty cheap MQ for demon fangs.

Bro... all I have is my Red Sash of Order. Plan is to start soloing Purple Headband and all that other crap once I hit 51. Being Iksar I'll have double my regen, and having bindwound over 200 will let me bandage to 70%. Should make running through most of that crap easy solo.

Long way off from getting my epic. :p