PDA

View Full Version : GM Braknar giving conflicting info about camp rules.

BulletCatcher
10-22-2015, 04:22 PM

Braknar is stating inside camps require LOS to maintain ownership of an indoor camp. The PnP policy never mentions anything about Line of Sight requirements for anything.

As long as I can reasonably keep the spawns and PHs of a camp down I can claim it. I can claim multiple camps as long as no other players contests one. Once a camp is contested, I have the option of choosing which one of my camps I want to claim.

This looks like some conflicting information is being disseminated here. Can we get a clarification on this? I want to be in compliance but I see how this minor discrepancy in policy written in stone here on the forums and what is being said by GMs in game. This will cause problems in the future.

Man0warr
10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
That's not really a good ruling for zones like Sebilis or any indoor dungeon with many small rooms. Otherwise Disco would just be the beetle room and Crypt would just be each small room a named spawns.

Sirken
10-22-2015, 04:30 PM

Braknar is stating inside camps require LOS to maintain ownership of an indoor camp. The PnP policy never mentions anything about Line of Sight requirements for anything.

As long as I can reasonably keep the spawns and PHs of a camp down I can claim it. I can claim multiple camps as long as no other players contests one. Once a camp is contested, I have the option of choosing which one of my camps I want to claim.

This looks like some conflicting information is being disseminated here. Can we get a clarification on this? I want to be in compliance but I see how this minor discrepancy in policy written in stone here on the forums and what is being said by GMs in game. This will cause problems in the future.

as a staff, we do not define camps, and we never have. when we have areas that are being contested, and we can not determine who the camp should actually go to, we have done multiple things on the spot, including, but not limited to; making the groups roll for the camp, tossing out the group/player with the shitty attitude, telling them to sit on the spawn point of what they are camping, etc. many of the camps in EQ are different from each other, and so its rather silly and borderline ignorant to try and just cover all camp issues with one flat blanket statement.

as a general rule of thumb, we dont care what you kill if no one is contesting you. but if you are camping things in multiple areas, and another player wants one, you need to decide which one you are going to let go. ideally, just dont be a dick, because theres a decent chance you wont like how the situation is handled. its always better to work things out yourself as opposed to just hoping the staff rules in your favor.